Can you guess who's missing from major scenes from The Andy Griffith Show?

Find the missing piece in Mayberry.

Are you Mayberry enough to recognize who's missing from major scenes snipped from The Andy Griffith Show?

We've cut out key characters from favorite episodes we briefly describe below. Read each clue and try to figure out which character is missing from each scene.

Only actual Mayberry experts will correctly identify each and every one. Everyone else will leave Barney Fife wondering where he went wrong.... Good luck!
  1. In the very first episode, who joins Andy and Opie on this fishing trip?
  2. For "Christmas Story," who sings carols with Andy to the kids by the Christmas tree?
  3. In "Pickle Story," who helps Andy and Barney eat all these pickles?
  4. For "Mountain Wedding," who was really under the veil when Ernest T. Bass tried to ruin the wedding?
  5. In the "Haunted House" episode, who inexplicably disappears on Barney and Andy?
  6. For "Barney's First Car," who sat between Andy and Barney for this unfortunate ride?
  7. In "The Legend of Barney Fife," who helps Barney fix his car when he tries to quickly leave Mayberry?
  8. During "The Ball Game," who served as umpire?
  9. Andy pays a visit to which old friend living in this cramped apartment?
  10. Andy and Helen are ordering from which proud new Mayberry restaurant owner?
Can you guess who's missing from major scenes from The Andy Griffith Show?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
EllisClevenger 5 days ago
You got 9 out of 10
Barney can't stand even a single unsolved case.
Missed #6.
booster 9 days ago
10/10 When you've seen these episodes multiple times, it's pretty easy.
Art1957 10 days ago
9 out of 10, The last one messed me up because I don't really care much for the color episodes and seldom watch them.
MrBill 11 days ago
10/10; easy one for me - I am a big fan of The Andy Griffith Show.
JeffTanner 13 days ago
You got 8 out of 10 -------------------Barney can't stand even a single unsolved case.
UTZAAKE 13 days ago
6/10. Foiled by 1, 5, 9 and 10.
anthony 14 days ago
10/10.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ I am a Mayberry resident.
#3)Don Knotts favorite episode
#6)Andy Griffiths. " "
#8) Ron Howards. " "
BrownieMom 14 days ago
I watch it every day on MeTV & a couple of other channels.
AndrewHass 14 days ago
I was 10/10 but i think it was easy quiz.
nerakr 14 days ago
9/10. Can't believe I missed the haunted house question!
teire 14 days ago
10/10. The B&W episodes I knew for sure, used my powers of deduction for the color episodes.
cperrynaples 14 days ago
8/10! This was easier than than the MASH quiz, because either I had seen the episodes or the wrong answers didn't work. For example, why would Aunt Bee eat the pickles when Andy was trying to avoid hurting her feelings? The choices in 9 in particular were stupid because Aunt Bee lived with Andy and Gomer lived in the barracks! I did think 1 was Barney and 6 was Helen! Then again, if 6 had been Helen, Andy would have had a different expression on his face!
7/10 {Congrats! you got one less wrong than yours truly!}
You thought #1 was Barney, I thought #7 was Barney. Then I remembered, and clicked the right answer. So that's how you came up with the answer for #9! Oh! I thought you got the answer, because you recognized Barney's shoulder! {That's honestly how I got it. I of course saw the shoulder first as I was scrolling down to view the choices.}
#7 was an easy one, simply because of the fact, that the episode is in color. #6 Poor Thelma Lou! This episode, I think is where she gets to observe the strong he man type of man she fell in love with. [Ha-Ha.] Then again, if she wanted a man like Andy, she wouldn't have latched onto Barney. Still, you have feel for her though.
#4. Didn't Barney make a fetching bride?!?!
Well Stephanie here are my comments: [1] I didn't think Aunt Bee fished but I assume it was to get closer to Opie. [2 through 5] Saw them and no he didn't...LOL! [6] It was down to Helen and Thelma, and my last comment was that if Helen had been in the rumble seat, Andy would not be smiling since he knew Barney's driving skills! [7] Did you really believe Barney was an answer even though he's clearly in the picture or did you type a wrong number? [8 through 10] Saw these too!