Can you match these iconic women of TV to their famous children?

Like mother, like child! Both are TV stars!

It is the thrill of a lifetime to see your children follow in your footsteps. It must be even more so if you are a celebrity. Sometimes the apple does not fall far from the tree.

The following women all made name for themselves in Hollywood. Their kids also became television stars in their own right.

See if you can remember these celebrity families and test your television trivia!

Watch Perry Mason on MeTV!

Weekdays at 9 AM
Weeknights at 11:30 PM

1. Barbara Hale of 'Perry Mason' later guest-starred alongside her son who played which TV superhero?
  2. Shirley Jones of 'The Partridge Family' saw her son play half of which Seventies TV detective duo?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  3. Here is Janet Leigh on 'Columbo'. Her daughter starred on a 1977 sitcom called 'Operation Petticoat'. Who is she?
  4. Here is Patty Duke of 'The Patty Duke Show' of course. Her child acted in 'The Goonies' and 'Stranger Things'. Who is it?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  5. Bombshell Jayne Mansfield was nearly cast as Ginger on 'Gilligan's Island'. Her daughter has had the starring role on which series for more than 20 seasons?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  6. Peggy Lipton was the queen of cool on 'The Mod Squad'. Her daughter starred on which hit NBC sitcom?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  7. Gloria Loring sang the theme song to 'The Facts of Life'. Now, her son judges singers on which popular competition series?
  8. Lucille Ball cast her daughter Lucie Arnaz to play her onscreen child in which sitcom?
  9. Here is Anne Meara of 'Rhoda'. Her son had his own series in the '90s. Which was it?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  10. Lisa Bonet headlined the sitcom 'A Different World'. Her daughter can currently be seen as the star of which streaming series?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  11. Here is Diane Ladd aboard 'The Love Boat'. Her daughter played a character named Diane on which cult TV series?

Can you match these iconic women of TV to their famous children?

MarkSpeck 1 month ago
10 out of 11. Don't know what talent show Robin Thicke is a judge on, and frankly I don't care.
MrBill 2 months ago
10/11; much better than I did a month ago
LynCarceo 3 months ago
8 out of 11. isn't Jerry Seinfield related to Anne Meara and her husband?
EllisClevenger LynCarceo 2 months ago
I can find no familial connection between Anne Meara and her husband, Jerry Stiller with Jerry Seinfeld.
foxman 3 months ago

I got 7/11. I was a little confused on a few when I didn't who the person was in the question.
RB 3 months ago
Missed one, and lucky-guessed another one, due to not being familiar with more modern TV series. I knew whose mothers Peggy Lipton and Lisa Bonet are, but I didn't know what show either of their daughters starred in. Guessed right in one case, wrong in the other. 10/11 overall. (And calling my mother would not have helped.)
Geronimo 4 months ago
Never watched Twin Peaks
10/11
RoberttheWallace 4 months ago
Also--I wholeheartedly agree with poster Carol Kelley. . .Jayne Mansfield would indeed be Very proud of her daughter Mariska Hargitay; she's so talented and a gifted actress. It's a deep shame that her Mother wasn't afforded the same opportunity to better show off her dramatic prowess! " Law And Order: SVU " is one of my Most Beloved shows { in the Very same Strata as the original " Hawaii Five-O " }! ! !
Mariska was in the car in June 1967, when mom Jayne was killed at only 34. Jayne was very smart, and played the dumb blonde superbly. Jayne was not the first to be very smart and play a dumb blonde. 17 years earlier, Judy Holliday also played the idea to perfection in "Born Yesterday" (1950). Tragically, Judy also met an early death at only 43 from breast cancer in June 1965.
MissTheOldDays 4 months ago
You got 9 out of 11

Sometimes it helps to call your mother for help. How did you do?
David 4 months ago
ou got 10 out of 11
Sometimes it helps to call your mother for help.
macmccadden 4 months ago
11/11. Must’ve been some luck involved!
RoberttheWallace 4 months ago
Only missed one--Diane Ladd/Laura Dern question. I'm so glad Barbara Hale/William Katt was included: Always Super Enjoyed William Katt on " The Greatest American Hero " series; and Barbara Hale, what a Lovely talented lady--she was Awesome on " Perry Mason ". I especially thrilled to the " Perry Mason Movies ", and not to diminish the actor who replaced William Katt, I was so Very glad to see him acting alongside his Mother. I remember the one movie where William was coming into their office with Mr. Burr, Barbara Hale gives Mr. Burr and bypasses Willliam-- he says: " What, no kiss "?. Another cool scene, where he's helping a woman and she and William have been photographed together, and their closeness is on the front page of a ' rag mag '. They are in Perry's office { Mr. Burr, Barbara Hale, William and the woman } looking at the that ' rag mag ' photo and William says: " Wait 'till my Mother sees this picture "! Had to laugh. Anyway, great trivia! ! !
Kooky2333 4 months ago
5/11
I didn't know who half of the people were
CarolKelley 4 months ago
10/11. I missed the one about Laura Dern.

I've thought how proud Jayne Mansfield would be of Mariska Hargitay ever since she won the Emmy for L&O: SVU.