Can you pass the mega Monk trivia quiz?

Don't be afraid of this quiz! Unless that is one of your phobias.

Adrian Monk has many, many fears but fortunately, trivia is not one of them. Tony Shalhoub played the quirky detective for eight seasons of mysteries. Monk may be the center of attention, but the show served up loads of colorful characters and guest stars.

We have several questions about them — as well as some other Monk facts. It takes a true TV trivia expert to ace this one. See if you can pass the test!

Watch Monk on MeTV!

Two Full Hours

Sundays at 8 PM

1. Prior to portraying Monk, Tony Shalhoub was best known for playing a taxi driver on this sitcom.
  2. Monk originally aired on a cable channel. Which network was it?
  3. What was the name of Monk's wife who perished from a car bomb?
  4. What did Monk's wife do for a living?
  5. This actor played Monk's brother, Ambrose Monk, and won an Emmy for his performance.
  6. What is the name of Monk's FIRST assistant?
  7. Sharona Fleming is from which state?
  8. What is the name of Sharona's son?
  9. In "Mr. Monk and the Naked Man," Monk claims he has how many phobias?
  10. Monk is a huge fan of this musician — and even meets the legend in ""Mr. Monk and the Red-Headed Stranger."
  11. This legendary singer-songwriter performs the Monk theme song, "It's a Jungle Out There."
  12. Who is the rapper in "Mr. Monk and the Rapper"?
  13. Ted Levine, who plays Homicide Captain Leland Stottlemeyer, memorably played which movie serial killer?
  14. What is the name of Natalie Teeger's daughter?
  15. Which of Monk's psychiatrists appears in more episodes?
  16. How many different actors portrayed Monk's nemesis, Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck?
  17. True or false: Tony Shalhoub is the only cast member to appear in all 125 episodes.
  18. This was the title of an online spin-off series that depicted Monk as a middle-school boy.
  19. How many Monk mystery novels have been published to date?
  20. Monk won how many Emmy Awards?
  21. Monk takes place in which West Coast city?
  22. In the episode "Mr. Monk and the Game Show," seen in the image at the top of this quiz, what is the name of the fictional game show?

Can you pass the mega Monk trivia quiz?

Zip 3 days ago
6 out of 22. Not bad for never having seen the show, I guess.
Pilaf 3 days ago
We will not be watching this show, no matter how hard ME TV pushes it.
tmac1951 Pilaf 3 days ago
Get a black and white tv, makes a classic show out of it.
wyo307pink 4 days ago
7/22 no idea what ’Monk’ is, all I know is now Sunday night reminds me of Sunday Saved By TheBell Morning and afternoon , so crossing all of Sunday off my list, for MeTV. I guess they’re moving away from the ‘Memorable Television Shows’
vinman63 4 days ago
Too so this quiz I had to overcome 314 phobias. The worst was Quizzophobia.
MsQ 5 days ago
IM A HUGE FAN OF MONK
I LOVE HIM & THE SHOW. I HATED WEN THE SHOW ENDED. I CRIED LIKE A BABY. I WATCH THE RE-RUNS EVERYDAY. BUT I WAS REALLY SHOCKED TO KNOW THAT IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY NITES ON METV, (which I call the cowboy channel). IF YOU KEEP WATCHING, IT WILL GROW ON YOU. IT STARTED OUT KINDA SLOW BUT I STAYED WITH IT & LORD KNOWS WEN EVER OR WHERE EVER ITS ON, I BE WATCHING!!!
I THINK PPL OVA 55 MIGHT NOT LIKE MONK BUT I DO IM 53. METV IS MOSTLY COWBOYS SO ITS NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE A 2 HOUR SHOW I WILL BE WATCHING THAT I LOVE!!!
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH METV!!!!!!!!!
PLZ BRING ON MORE QUIZZES THAT ARE 100%CORRECT ON ALL QUESTIONS PLEASE & THANKS!!!!
tmac1951 MsQ 4 days ago
Mostly cowboys???? Monday thru Friday they have four hours of cowboys out of 24 hours, how is that mostly cowboys…on Saturday they do have few more, on Sunday none, COWBOY CHANNEL?????????
PilotTom 5 days ago
Did bad on this one , 13 out of 22 . MeTv channel 30.2 in Jacksonville Florida will not show Andy Griffith or Green Acres and will not reply to emails as to why not !!!! My wife and I just returned from a out of state vacation and got to watch Andy Griffith and Green Acres every night we where on our trip . Sure was nice !!!!!
RickBrosh 6 days ago
17/22. Looks good, but being a perfectionist like Monk, I'm less than thrilled.
Gonvegred00 7 days ago
I started earning $150/hour in my free time by completing tasks with my laptop that I got from this company I stumbled upon online. Check it out, and start earning yourself. For more info visit.... WWW.JOB62.COM
tmac1951 Gonvegred00 7 days ago
That’s it 150 don’t buy what it used to
Gonvegred00 7 days ago
Swifteagle 7 days ago
15/22. My score is off because I'm off of handwipes
CaptainDunsel 7 days ago
19/22
Don't *quite* have Mr. Monk's memory for details, but maybe up to Captain Stottlemeyer?
Have to ask. Are you a Star Trek fan. I remember Captain Dunsel from the episode "The Ultimate Computer"
I have been a Star Trek fan since Sept 8, 1966.
LH Swifteagle 5 days ago
There was a great actor who played Dr. Richard Daystrom…is that the guy? I looked up the episode maybe I’m looking at the wrong episode!
Swifteagle LH 5 days ago
It was William Marshall who I keep mistaken for Percy Rodriguez who played Commodore Stone in the episode "Court Martial"
LH Swifteagle 5 days ago
I really liked William Marshall. He had such an amazing voice… The timbre of it was deep and rich. Right up there with James Earl Jones. Whenever he guest starred on something I always enjoyed the episode. I don’t think I remember that other guy you’re talking about… He looks vaguely familiar, though. I looked him up.
Muleskinner 7 days ago
8/22. A lot of guesses. Mostly wrong guesses. 🥺
snifferdog 7 days ago
18 of 22. Bit disappointed in myself. I’m a big big fan of Monk. Watched each episode numerous times. Also have the complete DVD set.
LH snifferdog 7 days ago
Bookandgamefan3 was correct in that 2 of the answers were wrong…
#17 & #20…So you may have done better than you thought!
LH snifferdog 7 days ago
His comment is about 13 comments down 😁
Kenner 7 days ago
I was terrible with this quiz. I watched back in the day on USA network. I loved Sharona!
LH Kenner 7 days ago
She had a GREAT shriek!!
So funny
Kenner LH 7 days ago
For sure! A true ‘joisey’ gal.
pattysdaughter 8 days ago
I just starting watching this series for the first time so I only got 10 correct. I’m currently trying to binge watch off of Netflix. Can’t wait for MeTV to air all 8 seasons. I love this show . I don’t understand why folks ‘rag’ on it.
LH pattysdaughter 7 days ago
I’m always quoting and imitating “Monk-isms!”
JeffPaul76 8 days ago
''You got 15 out of 22'' -----------Looks like you lost. Better luck next time!
monkolumbo 8 days ago
22 questions!! I need a wipe to get it to a nice round 20!!
Oldielover 8 days ago
15/22...Thrown the ol' curve ball when they went into episode titles. Rarely do I read episode titles,and if I do,they're forgotten in the next 2 minutes. lol!....Haven't read the thread yet,but I hope someone can name the third actor who played 'Dale the Whale" besides Adam Arkin and Tim Curry!
LH Oldielover 7 days ago