Can you tell the difference between Fred Flintstone and Ralph Kramden?

Did this happen on The Honeymooners or The Flintstones?

As many know, The Honeymooners inspired The Flintstones. It makes perfect sense once you think about it. Both shows center around two working-class couples. Barney Rubble and Ed Norton sound a lot alike. Fred Flintsone and Ralph Kramden have similar appearances — and temperaments.

Joseph Barbera of Hanna-Barbera took the comparison as a compliment: "Well, if you compare Flintstones to Honeymooners, that's the biggest compliment you can give me."

In fact, you can see the similarities on MeTV, when we air The Flintstones and The Honeymooners back-to-back every Sunday at 10PM | 9C. We pair up thematically similar episodes to show the parallels.

So, think you can tell Ralph and Fred apart? Try to ace this quiz!

Watch The Flintstones on MeTV!

Weeknights at 6 PM
Sundays at 10 AM & 10PM

1. He drove a bus for a living.
  2. He had a mother-in-law named Pearl.
  3. He once took ballet lessons to improve his bowling game.
  4. He was a member of the Raccoon Lodge.
  5. One of his prized possessions was a horn given to him by his dad.
  6. He had the nickname "Twinkletoes."
  7. He dressed in a homemade "Man from Space" costume for Halloween, because he couldn't afford a fancy king costume.
  8. He appeared on a game show called 'The $99,000 Answer.'
  9. He once posed as a driver named "Goggles Paisano."
  10. His singing skills earned him the nickname "The Golden Smog."
  11. To make money, he tried to sell a gadget called the Handy Housewife Helper.
  12. We learn in "The Birthday Party" this his birthday is also Groundhog Day.
  13. He eventually has grandkids named Chip and Roxy.
  14. The role of his wife was first performed by the actress Pert Kelton.

Can you tell the difference between Fred Flintstone and Ralph Kramden?

Save with

Quazimo 1 month ago
13/14 missed that birthday party question
JoeyZone11 1 month ago
They are totally 100% wrong on #7. Nowhere in "The Man From Space" is Halloween EVER mentioned. It's simply referred to as "the costume party". Also I want MeTV to show me where Ralph wants to dress up as "A fancy king"
EastIndy24 1 month ago
TERRIBLE on this quiz 10 out of 14...

Oh twell...
texasluva 1 month ago
You got 11 out of 14
Yabba-dabba-doo! You should feel over the moon for acing that one. Yabba-dabba-nooooooo! I missed 3! It's like winning the participation trophy Thank you! Come back again loser . I'm Slip Slidin' Away Only thing I have to say to that is Blabbermouth!
DLM28659 1 month ago
8 of 14? This quiz was tough; I'm startled that I actually did that well.
Moverfan 1 month ago
My favorite Honeymooners episode has to be the one where Ralph talks his way into playing golf with his boss and tries to teach himself the game from a book. It gave us the greatest way to decide between the lesser of two evils--"What's siller, saying tally-ho to a fox or hello to a golf ball? "
texasluva Kelle 1 month ago
Good one. I like the Blabbermouth one
#8 "The $99,000 Answer" is the funniest of the 39 from the 1955-56. Just outrageous in what Ralph goes through in trying to cover all the bases (he can cover the whole infield!) in trying to get to the Big Prize. Alice says she will be happy if he just answers the first two questions and wins $600. Ralph says in a memorable quote, "Peanuts, peanuts! What can I do with peanuts?" Alice's hilarious answer: "Eat 'em! Like any other elephant!" Jackie at least once implored the writers to not write so many fat jokes, but they were so easy for them to come up with! Everybody loves this fat man, as I did, in getting to see a filmed episode in Miami Beach in 1966. It wasn't a Honeymooners sketch, but a variety show. Still, I never forgot getting to see Jackie and Art together again. The best comedy duo in tv history!
MarkSpeck 1 month ago
12 out of 14. I can live with that.
TinaBuchanan 1 month ago
#13 i never saw an episode about fred having grandchildren so i missed that one.
Andy TinaBuchanan 1 month ago
It was in a made-for-TV movie released in 1993 called "Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby" (had to look it up myself).
Tampammm 1 month ago
Perfect Score!! I am a Honeymooners expert, seen every classic episode at least a dozen times, and have also seen all the "lost" episodes as well. So if I was unsure on any answer, I therefore knew the answer had to be Fred.
Geronimo Tampammm 1 month ago
Who cares 🤤
Tampammm Geronimo 1 month ago
Old TV buffs.
Muleskinner 1 month ago
12/14. I thought this one was a little tough.