Are these one-word Western titles from movies, TV shows or both?

Can you place names like Rawhide, Lancer, Stagecoach and Branded?

Westerns, both in TV and film, have some of the best one-word titles of any genre. Whether they take the straightforward route and use a character name or they pick a vaguely related Old West term, it's hard to beat monikers like Rawhide, Sugarfoot and McLintock!

With the sheer number of Western stories being told from the 1930s to the 1970s, it's no wonder many names were reused. Many small-screen series took their names from older Western films — even if there weren't many other similarities.

Here are 12 single-word titles from films and television shows. Can you guess what each name belongs to or if it is both?

Watch Bonanza on MeTV!

Monday - Saturday at 1 PM

1. Bonanza
  2. McLintok!
  3. Gunsmoke
  4. Stagecoach
  5. Rawhide
  6. Lancer
  7. Branded
  8. Bandolero!
  9. Riverboat!
  10. Cheyenne
  11. Laredo
  12. Sugarfoot

Are these one-word Western titles from movies, TV shows or both?

Br0ther1KB 29 days ago
6/12 I didn't expect it to be that good. Wellity wellity wellity.
Muleskinner 1 month ago
10/12. I love westerns, movies or TV, or both.
daDoctah 1 month ago
What two John Wayne westerns had different titles both of which were names for the same geographic feature?
Nancy daDoctah 28 days ago
Stagecoach and Searchers, both filmed in Monument valley.
EllisClevenger 1 month ago
You got 7 out of 12
Looks like you had some problems with this quiz. Better luck next time!
Missed a lot.
I chalk it up to Gunsmoke being the only one with an honest "Both".
The only things shared between the others listed as "Both", was a title. Nothing more.
jschliclbernd9 1 month ago
6/12 looks like I had some problems with this quiz.
frenchman71 1 month ago
9/12. I missed 7,9, & 12. Never would've thought "Branded" was a movie. I saw the TV show. As kids we used to dress up with an old shirt with pins on it and have someone come up and rip them off the shirt, just like Chuck Conners as he was being punished in the show's opening.
justjeff 1 month ago
7 out of 12. Who knew that there were so many shared titles... I missed a bunch of them as well as a regular movie/tv show choice.... Bleah!
hermanstein2015 1 month ago
5/12 I dislike westerns so I'm okay with this lol.
TexasGreek 1 month ago

Ya'll check out the above link and let me know if you remember any of this crafty stuff please. I'm trying to remember what one of them is called. See my post and help a brother out. Thanks.
I must admit I remember crocheted clothing, love beads, macrame and tie dye, but I have never heard of Shrinky Dinks.
Jeremy 1 month ago
I got half of them right and most of the ones I got wrong had the answer "Both."
jimmyvici 1 month ago
2/12....total 💩...🤷🏽‍♂️
stephaniestavropoulos 1 month ago
9/12.
Not to get technical, or split hairs, Gunsmoke was the only show mentioned that was on all three mediums: Radio, Movies & Television
Gunsmoke Killed Gilligan's Island so I have no love for gunsmoke.