Can you guess what show Dennis Weaver is in?

He was a cowboy crimefighter and costarred with a bear.

Dennis Weaver will forever be known as Chester in Gunsmoke but the versatile actor played many other memorable roles on television. He was equally comfortable in serious roles as well as comic relief.

Here is Weaver in a variety of small-screen parts from the Fifties to the Eighties. Can you guess what each image is from?

Watch Gunsmoke on MeTV!

Monday - Saturday at 1 PM & 1:30 PM

1. Dennis Weaver played a New Mexico Marshal in New York City in...
  2. Which Western is Weaver in here?
  3. Weaver was trapped in a nightmare on which anthology series?
  4. Can you tell which show Weaver is in here?
  5. Do you know what show this is?
  6. Weaver starred with Harry Morgan in what?
  7. This short-lived cop drama was called...
  8. Do you know which show this is?
  9. This ABC Movie of the Week is known for its famous director.
  10. Weaver played an admiral in which show?
  11. Which Western is Weaver in here?
  12. Which Fifties detective drama did Weaver appear in?

Can you guess what show Dennis Weaver is in?

PulsarStargrave 21 days ago
I BOMBED on this one, I had no idea Dennis was in such demand! BTW what's this business about Weaver mostly being remembered for "Chester"? I had never seen the b/w Gunsmoke episodes until I bought em on DVD! I primarily knew Dennis Weaver from McCLOUD on Wednesday nights on NBC! Even with DUEL I asked "Why's that crazy truck driver chasing McCloud?!"
Debbie 24 days ago
10/12 I went wrong with the last 2
TheDavBow3 1 month ago
Missed 10, 11 and 12. Gentle Ben was one of the very first TV shows I remember. I remember Clint Howard being in it as well.
Susan00100 1 month ago
12/12.

Gotta admit, a few were just lucky guesses.
FLETCH 1 month ago
9 out of 12.

I always liked Dennis Weaver. McCloud was one of my dad's favourite shows along with Cannon, Mannix and Starsky and Hutch
bukhrn 1 month ago
12/12, surprised as several were just wild guesses, like #6, I've never heard of any of them.
dodgebob 1 month ago
All I know about Dennis Weaver is that he and Don Knotts died on the same day at the same age.
kkvegas dodgebob 1 month ago
That's an interesting bit of trivia. Thanks!
Filmnoirfan dodgebob 1 month ago
Hard to believe they were only born about seven weeks apart, too
MrBill 1 month ago
9/12; fun but tough quiz. I do not know much about Dennis Weaver and did not watch much of the shows he was in.
TheOnlyONE 1 month ago
12/12 Duel was one of the better low budget movies from 1971.
Martanrick1975 1 month ago
9/12 not bad, thought I would have done worse. On #6 never heard of those shows.
MikefromJersey 1 month ago
11 for 12. I missed number 5, I outsmarted myself, I figured the answer "Gunsmoke" was too
obvious to be the correct choice. Shows you what I know.
Neat fact: In the intro to McCloud, Weaver is shown hanging from a copter as it flies high over
skyscrapers. It really was him, he was on top of a building right by the edge when the pilot
zoomed up and over before the stunt double could take Weaver's place. He was hanging
on a rope, no other lines securing him, zipping thru the air.
Fortunately he was an excellent athlete in good shape and was able to hang on before the pilot was radioed to land ASAP. Weaver almost made the 1948 Olympic team.