Can you pass the mega Matlock trivia quiz?

How well do you know the other Andy Griffith show?

Image: The Everett Collection

Andy Griffith was bound to have another hit in him. After The Andy Griffith Show ended, throughout the Seventies, the television icon surprisingly struggled to find another that next great role.

At last, the perfect character for the Southern gentleman came along — Matlock.

The mystery series has remained a favorite for years. So, how well do you know the show?

Watch Matlock on MeTV!

Weekdays at 9 AM

1. What is Matlock's first name?
  2. Which series lasted for more seasons: The Andy Griffith Show or Matlock?
  3. Matlock lives and works in which state?
  4. What is Matlock's favorite food?
  5. What is Matlock's standard fee?
  6. What was the name of the pilot movie that first introduced Matlock?
  7. What is Matlock's middle name?
  8. Where did Matlock attend law school?
  9. The episode "The Don" led to a spin-off series based on a character in that story. What was that show called?
  10. What kind of car did Matlock drive?
  11. Don Knotts reunited with Andy Griffith on Matlock. How is his character Les related to Matlock?
  12. Speaking of Don Knotts… Barney Fife has something in common with the Matlock character Conrad McMasters. What is it?
  13. Before Conrad McMasters was introduced, Tyler Hudson (Kene Holliday) worked the same job for Matlock. What was his job?
  14. What is the name of Matlock's younger daughter?
  15. This Andy Griffith Show actress made her final screen appearance on Matlock.
  16. What role did the above actress play on Matlock?
  17. In what year did the final episode of Matlock air?
  18. In the crossover "Murder Two," we learn that Dr. Mark Sloan led Matlock to lose $5,000 in savings due to a misguided investment in what product?
  19. "Murder Two" was a crossover with what series?
  20. Following season six, Matlock switched networks from NBC to ABC. What was the other major change?

Can you pass the mega Matlock trivia quiz?

ESFish51 1 month ago
20 out of 20. Watch every AM.
ERROL 1 month ago
You got 20 out of 20
big fan
Grumpyfan 2 months ago
19 out of 20! I going to fix me a hotdog😂🤣🤣
SashaPayneDiaz 2 months ago
10/20 Each right one the result of pure dumb luck.....never watched the show.
Andrea 2 months ago
20 out of 20! I love Matlock
TeeLynn 2 months ago
20 out of 20. I love Matlock. Smart & down to earth
Bugg 2 months ago
Never saw many episodes, though I liked what I saw. Mainly started when ‘Ace’ moved in next door and jumped ship for Diagnosis Murder. Still, wanted to see how I’d do given I know a few bits of trivia...like his love of hot dogs. Goes to NY in one episode and finds it horrifying that a street vendor dog is $2.25 or something and in another he goes on vacation with his daughter and stocks his fridge with only hit dogs and buns. XD

Got 8/20...better than I thought I would.
frenchman71 2 months ago
I got 13/20. I watched "Matlock" for awhile but I lost interest. I might start watching it again.
MarkSpeck 2 months ago
19 out of 20. I should've went with Harvard on the college question, but went with Vanderbilt instead!
MikefromJersey 2 months ago
15 for 20. Andy Griffith is on 2 hours daily on MeTV, maybe someday they will put on those TV movies
where he is a small town sheriff? I think they were on ABC, and one of them had a different name
for Andy's character but it was basically the same set up as the others.
Does anybody else here recall these flicks? I think they were set in northern California.
MarkSpeck MikefromJersey 2 months ago
Adams of Eagle Lake. Those are from 1974.
MikefromJersey MarkSpeck 2 months ago
Thank you for the information, Mark. I liked those Adams of Eagle Lake movies, too bad they didn't
become a series.
RoberttheWallace 2 months ago
18/20--Good trivia! Conrad was an excellent addition to the show. . .
however I really liked Keene Holliday, and monumentally hated to see him--not only leaving the series--but that he was Dropped from the show by Griffith! Sad all the way around; just as I hated that Linda Purl was dropped as well, and never mentioned again. When Leanne entered as his daughter--one character asked him how many children he had, Matlock responded just one daughter, Leanne; it's as if Linda Purl's Charlene Matlock never existed. Very nasty of Griffith! ! !
Keene actually had a drug problem, that's why he was dropped from the show.
a1k9 2 months ago
I feel good that I only missed 1 of the 2 that I had guessed at.