Do you know who created these classic TV shows?

Do you pay attention to the credits? Do you know who created these hit shows?

When it comes to our favorite classic television shows, we usually think of the characters and actors who made the series what they were. Often times, directors, producers and creators get a little less of the love.

Some creators are known for one smash hit show, while others had several successful series credited to their respective names.

How well do you know some of these classic  TV shows? We bet you could name the characters and actors, but can you take it a few steps up the production ladder and name the creator?

Good luck!

Watch Sunday Block Party on MeTV!

New Series Each Sunday

Sundays at 12P

1. Who created Star Trek: The Original Series
  2. Who created The A-Team?
  3. Who created Adam-12?
  4. Who created the Batman (1966) television series?
  5. Who created Bonanza?
  6. Who created Dragnet?
  7. Who created Full House?
  8. Who created Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
  9. Who created Green Acres?
  10. Who created The Brady Bunch
  11. Who created Gilligan's Island?
  12. Who created Lost in Space?
  13. Who created Leave It to Beaver?
  14. Who created M*A*S*H?
  15. Who created Petticoat Junction?

Do you know who created these classic TV shows?

Mac2Nite 23 hours ago
8/15... guess it's obvious I don't pay attention to the credits 🙄😞
MarthaWashington 2 days ago
The only one I missed was the Batman one, not a fan.
BorisK 3 days ago
Wow a double-Jack Webb quiz ... 'THe Crimson Crusader' episode (with Timothy Donelly) is still the best Dragnet, IMHO. Anyone have any other favorites?
RedSamRackham BorisK 3 days ago
* Mister Daniel Lumis (the bigamist) bizarre and hilarious! ☺
Wendy57 3 days ago
11/15
When in doubt ....... Jack Webb.
JimmyD 3 days ago
10/15 Some guesses. Some of these I've never watched.
Jeremy 4 days ago
If this were a certain quiz show, I would've won a million dollars by now and by using none of the lifelines! I got them all and I didn't cheat either!
BorisK Jeremy 3 days ago
You didn't have to call a friend? lol ...
Moody 4 days ago
12/15. Not bad for guess work.
Mistertelvison 4 days ago
I hardly ever notice the credits. Because I am only notice who is the stars and guess on the shows
Nobody remembers the switchover. But all television Shows did, at the same time. And I could never figure out who initiated the change. Must've been a Guild of some sort.

It is when it was decided to include Creator, Producers and Writers in the opening credits. While most Series changed their opening format anyway, in some Series the change was a "cut and paste" and you can mark the difference.

Does anyone know which Series is a good example?

Answer will be provided eventually.
LoveMETV22 Pacificsun 4 days ago
That sparked my interest and sent me down a rabbit hole. Looks like the changeover occurred around the 1980's. For the Film or Motion Picture Industry it said it's regulated by the
WGA ( Writers Guild of America). However on TV Shows, Series it's not as cut and paste ....oops dry, looks like there it's various guilds, unions. I'll look forward to the example, but I bet someone will know the answer.
Pacificsun LoveMETV22 4 days ago
I know the example.

But you're right about what or who initiated the change, although it does point back to "Guilds." While the practice is a "formality" in the film industry, only a portion of the total recognition (credit) appears at the opening of a TV Show. And I'm pretty sure that's due to a lack of running time, especially for sitcoms.

My hunch is this theory applies to TV in respect to the creators involved in both (and some could say, similar mediums).
"... these unions include Screen Actors Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Writers Guild of America, and Producers Guild of America. As for the end credits, the production company or producer makes most of the decisions in support of the unions. The producer typically focuses on giving credit to the people who are most involved in the filmmaking process. The involvement may be in the form of time devoted, amount of work done, or money invested." Credit: https://www.nfi.edu/film-credits/

If not already mentioned, not only has there been more than once Strike in Hollywood (for different reasons), but am pretty sure it involved Credits. Being that Craft-Talent is tied to Compensation. It would seem that the Writers, Producers and Created By - came out ahead on this one. And the wiki links explain why.

For eager beavers willing to earn Extra Credit - The Theory of Creators and their Importance.

Pacificsun LoveMETV22 4 days ago
I first noticed the example appearing in the opening of Leave it to Beaver. Because they had a very specific openings, as the boys got older. And they took the credit appearing at the end, and just added it to be beginning. It's does much more seamlessly in a Show like Mannix. And (IMO) I actually look forward to them, in most cases because the Director is included. And to me, that's like a "signature" on a piece of artwork ( in my imagination, of course ) 😎 It's fun to track their styles.
Pacificsun LoveMETV22 4 days ago
I was going to make a comment. But the tent is swept. Is it them?
LoveMETV22 Pacificsun 4 days ago
No I swept the tent. I kept the sit ubu sit though
rleary1 5 days ago
13/15 Haven't really ever watched Full House, guessed on the A-Team but guessed right, but darn it! Got Green Acres wrong like most of us probably with the last name 'Henning' :( If the name Dick Chevillat was included with the Jay Sommers question I would have got it! :)
Kramden62 rleary1 1 day ago
Me, too. I thought Henning created it since he then ran Filmways Television.

But, one better: 14/15!