How well do you know Andy Griffith's career?

We'll be impressed if you get half of these right!

Andy Griffith was in the acting game for a long time. There's no question that his work ethic earned him a bountiful career that many longtime fans have followed — down to his five-minute appearances on talk shows. Before headlining his beloved sitcom The Andy Griffith Show, the North Carolina native got his start working as a monologist and comedian.

Griffith's first big break came in the form of his comedy routine "What It Was, Was Football," told from the point of view of a naïve country bumpkin trying to figure out what was going on in a football game. From there, it was all uphill career-wise.

Watch The Andy Griffith Show on MeTV!

Weeknights at 8 PM & 8:30 PM

1. How many characters named "Andy" or "Andrew" did he portray?
  2. There is one made-for-TV movie that takes place in the world of The Andy Griffith Show. What is the name of that movie?
  3. In what year did Andy Griffith make his first credited screen acting debut?
  4. The character of Andy Taylor was introduced on a show other than The Andy Griffith Show. Which TV show introduced the world to Sheriff Andy Taylor first?
  5. As the character Ben Matlock, Andy Griffith had a crossover episode with another MeTV show. Which mystery show had Matlock as a visiting character?
  6. Andy Griffith had a major role in all but one of these TV series. In which one of these TV titles did Andy Griffith NOT have a recurring role?

How well do you know Andy Griffith's career?

Save with

EllisClevenger 7 days ago
You got 6 out of 6
You are truly an expert on Andy! Well done!
Susan1958 7 days ago
I missed one out of 6 on the andy griffith show ! Yep I loved andy !
DavidBartholomew 11 days ago
6/6

Why not ask the first time Griffith and Don Knotts acted together?
Barry22 11 days ago
6/6, but no Rustler's Rhapsody?
cperrynaples Barry22 11 days ago
"Standing in the saddle?" Yep, I remember that one!
Corey 11 days ago
Andy played an old prosecutor in Fatal Vision.
idkwut2use 12 days ago
And I did get precisely half of them right--be impressed!!!
csaaphill 12 days ago
but didn't come here to take the quiz. METV you do know there are color episodes of The Andy Griffith show right?
you keep showing the same episodes all the time why? Same for all the other shows it seems. You only just show a certain type then return to the beginning. Stop doing this play all the episodes not just the ones you want or like. Like the haunted house one the other night then the next one was again the first episode, where Oppey wants to run away and then Aunt Bee wants to leave and he runs out saying she can't do anything so will be lost. But even before Barney Don Knotts leaves the show there are color one so play those too. there are more episodes of Gilligan's Island as well so play those too. I've also seen the ones on The rifleman now about 5-6 times in the last few weeks and months.
Please dangit.
Not MeTVs fault. The network buys the package from syndication company. Color episodes are packaged separately.
No. MeTV treats B&W and color episodes equally! You are right about certain restrictions in reruns! MeTV has NEVER run either Danny Thomas or Donna Reed in their entirety for this reason! However, they DO have the complete runs of My 3 Sons & Petticoat Junction!
csaaphill 12 days ago
You got 3 out of 6
As promised, we're impressed that you know these deep cuts. Nice work!
DIGGER1 12 days ago
How well do you know Andy Griffith's career?
You got 5 out of 6
You are truly an expert on Andy! Well done!
-----------------------------------------------------
I missed #6. The correct answer was "NO TIME FOR SERGEANTS", but I picked "CENTENNIAL". Silly me.
Moody DIGGER1 12 days ago
I never saw NTFS the tv show but I've seen the movie a few times & it's hilarious! I loved the latrine scene.
DIGGER1 Moody 11 days ago
Yeah, I love that movie too. LOL! Tell me, Moody, don't you think that Andy acted a little bit like "Gomer Pyle" in that film?
DIGGER1 Moody 11 days ago
There was a "N.T.F.S." series? I didn't know that!
Moody DIGGER1 11 days ago
It only ran for 1 season in 1964. I don't remember seeing it but I heard it wasn't very good. I think it might be interesting to watch though just to compare it to the movie.
Moody DIGGER1 11 days ago
Yeah I think so but Will Stockdale was a little more savvy & adventurous than Gomer.
MrsPhilHarris 12 days ago
Knew 3 for sure. The others no idea. 3/6.