How well do you know the women of The Rifleman?

They were beloved TV actors, sitcoms stars and Oscar nominees.

Though The Rifleman is primarily about a single father and his son, there was still room in North Fork for women to make their mark. They were teachers, business owners and sometimes even Lucas McCain’s toughest adversaries.

How well do you know the women from this classic Western? Try your luck below!

Watch The Rifleman on MeTV!

Weekdays at 3 PM & 3:30 PM
Saturdays at 5 PM & 5:30 PM

1. Hope Summers played the first owner of the North Fork general store named…
  2. Joan Taylor played the second general store proprietor…
  3. Patricia Blair played a businesswoman in later seasons named…
  4. Of all the women who regularly appeared on The Rifleman, who was in the most episodes?
  5. The episode "The Woman" is about North Fork's schoolteacher fighting for what?
  6. Wallace Earl Laven, usually credited as Amanda Ames, appeared in five Rifleman episodes. What was her connection to the show?
  7. In "The Actress" why does Lucas track down the title character?
  8. The woman from this Rifleman episode later starred on which show?
  9. Sherry Jackson appeared on The Rifleman right after leaving which family sitcom?
  10. Katy Jurado played a boardinghouse owner on The Rifleman but was also a movie star, becoming the first Mexican actress to do what?
  11. Julie Adams played the title role in the episode "Nora" just a few years after starring in which monster movie?
  12. In "The Woman from Hog Ridge" Ma Boyle is mad at Lucas because he did what?

How well do you know the women of The Rifleman?

Newyorkcitygal 6 days ago
12/12 on that one. That's better lol
Snickers 12 days ago
9 out of 12. Not bad for someone who barely watched the rifleman.
susiejar6 21 days ago
I'm really sad that I can't watch Bat Masterson on Saturdays anymore.
Jeff79 23 days ago
#4 is wrong! Not that I’m bragging I got a perfect score (well, I guess I am, but it’s not the point). Research shows Lou was in 22.. four more than Luke’s second love interest. Look it up! It’s documented!
FL82SPARTAN Jeff79 6 days ago
Then I scored 12/12! :-)
MarkSpeck 24 days ago
10 out of 12. Joan Taylor has a very interesting history. She was married first to Walter Grauman, a name that credit readers should recognize (he directed dozens of shows, including Me-TV series like The Untouchables, Perry Mason and Barnaby Jones, to name a few ). She later married producer Leonard Freeman and became Rose Freeman. Leonard produced shows like The Untouchables, Route 66 and Mr. Novak, and wrote the Clint Eastwood film Hang 'Em High, but he also created one of the most enduring television action series of all-time, Hawaii Five-O.
Teriann 24 days ago
11 out of 12. I watch this show every day. Mad that I missed #12! Shame on me.
EllisClevenger 24 days ago
You got 9 out of 12
Hattie would be proud. Great job!
Missed #6, #7, and #9
KenKnighton 24 days ago
12/12, Hattie would be proud. Great Job!
Rambo4 24 days ago
12 of 12. I am surprised that they didn’t have a question about the Agnes Morehead episode. She had the most screen time for a lady in any one episode as she collected a reward on a killer (Richard Anderson - Oscar Goldman from the Six Million Dollar Man) by making a nuisance of herself and drinking Sarsaparilla in the saloon. She was the star of the episode. Of course her claim to fame was Endora on Bewitched.
Tlor 24 days ago
You got 11 out of 12
Hattie would be proud. Great job
missed #7
Marshall_Kolchak 24 days ago
9/12 all guesswork except 11 (duh) and 3 (no idea why i knew this, never watched more than 2 minutes of the Rman at once)
olddogg 24 days ago
Gee golly whiz Number 6 was a real toughie. Who's buried in Grant's tomb?
texasluva 25 days ago
Bullitt (1968)

Archive.org/details/Bt1968

Let me know if this works. Darn computer. Thank you all for coming and playing and MPH'd again
texasluva 25 days ago
No Mission impossible for MrsPhilHarris Since she was faster then a speeding bullet we are all rewarded with the Movie Bullitt. Congrats MPH.

Bullitt (1968) 1 hr 54 min

Director: Peter Yates
Cast-
Steve McQueen
Robert Vaughn
Jacqueline Bisset
Robert Duvall
Norman Fell

Movie coming soon since my hd is acting up. What a go folks.
Load previous comments
texasluva Pacificsun 23 days ago
- .... .- -. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / ... --- / -- ..- -.-. .... / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .... . .-.. .--. / .-- .. - .... / -- -.-- / --.- ..- .. --.. .-.-.- / .. / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .- .--. .--. .-. . -.-. .. .- - . / .. - .-.-.- / -... . .-.. --- .-- / .. ... / ... --- -- . / ... -.-. . -. . ... / .. -. / -... ..- .-.. .-.. .. - - / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / -.-- --- ..- / -.. . ... -.-. .-. .. -... . -.. / .- -. -.. / -- --- .-. . / .-.. .. ... - . -.. / .... . .-. . .-.-.- / .... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- .. -- -.. -... .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. - .. - .-.. . -..-. - - ----- ----- -.... ..--- --... -.... ..... -..-. -- . -.. .. .- ...- .. . .-- . .-. -..-. .-. -- ..--- ....- --... -.... ----- ..... ....- ..... ..--- ---.. -..-. ..--.. -.-. --- -. - . -..- - -...- -.. . ..-. .- ..- .-.. -
. . .
Pacificsun texasluva 23 days ago
You're welcome. The movie made a great quiz!!
Pacificsun texasluva 23 days ago
texasluva Pacificsun 18 days ago
!!Wanted!! but preferred Alive
Those that wish to participate in the Weekly Movie Quiz.
Reward:
Conversation as to what this movie might be
Winners name in MeTV Lights
Just plain ole fun
Let's go to: guess who’s missing from these Looney Tunes scenes (Near Top)
No later then 9:00 P.M CT
texasluva 25 days ago
Movie Quiz Time. Guess the quiz and get your name in MeTV lights. Everyone also gets the movie to boot.

Our movie is a well known one. With big name stars of the past. Though we are talking color and not the BW era from decades before. Action, Crime, Thriller movie. Though the top stars have no Oscars (I would give em one though) one of the supporting characters has one and was still acting in the 21st Century. Our top leading actor appeared in some decent TV Shows in the past. Some that have shown on MeTV. Our female actress well-known at the time also appeared on TV shows including some other movies. This movie might be one of her best ones. Looking down the list of actors I'd say most of you have heard of 6 of them one time or another. Some of these actors are still living and some died long ago. The supporting actor is well known for his supporting roles. Though he was the lead in the his own TV Show. I know someone was looking for bread crumbs recently (was funny). Okay the crumbs are this last clue. Below is the Drive Sound Track. it might have something to do with its name but certainly no where the time period.

For those who wish to enjoy some tunes or even real toon's while playing or gabbing. We have on Screen #1 the Drive Soundtrack. Some serious sounds here and would do you well to use your buds, HP's or Big Boys on the floor. Those who wish a lighter side can actually play some Toon's as in Cartoons. Over on Screen 2 Donald Duck & Chip and Dale. Unhappy with those and wish to toss some tomatoes my way and throw those Svengoolie Chickens if you wish. Please no Cue balls or heavier objects. Like James Bond I have to "live another day" please. Maybe you wish to hang around a bit and talk with your MeTV neighbors that's what we are here for. Those that do not win it's okay. Playing is winning. As far as PC on the cartoons I have no idea nor do I get into those things.

Those who give that look "You expect me to guess the name"? I give you the same answer Goldfinger gave Bond. "No! I expect you to Die!" Though I will probably keel over when one of the guessers comes up with the answer quickly and I am stuck trying to do a dance routine to keep you around. Yeah sure a MJ Moon Walk as I fall into a crater. Funny though. Good luck all.

Screen #1 Drive.

Screen #2 Cartoons.
Load previous comments
MrsPhilHarris Moody 25 days ago
🚬 🕵️ Like Paul Drake.
"Heaven's to Murgatroid" {to quote Snagglepuss}" How odd, Twilight Zone-ish, "even." That while you were having your quiz, I was watching the movie in quiztion! I felt a bit weird when I turned on the computer, and found out which one won for Movie Of The Week!
It must have blown you away. For some reason this past month the same thing on my quiz, movies and MeTV have been bazaar. This quiz Bullitt and last weeks On The Waterfront. Last week MPH told me in post that the next day On The Waterfront was on TV (I had no idea) Then your own Twilight Zone experience with Bullitt. Also a few times last being my video post of Marvin The Martian and the next day MeTV does a MTM quiz. What! Rod must be stirring in his grave and giving out TZ vibes and I am tuned into them, LOL. I would say something like this has happened a have dozen times this year. Maybe it was my Tin Foil hat post it got out hand and zapped me like in Signs or just Weird Science. I dunno. It's a goocher I tell you. When the boys all came up with tails things started to get strange and unravel (Stand By Me). Your imagination is sure not lacking. Did some spirit just take over. Well glad to be of service to help bring you into some Zone or Outer Limits