Only a Boomer can complete the names of these popular 1960s toys

Wait… what was the name of Barbie's little sister?

No matter what your age, you have likely opened one of these toys under the Christmas tree. Some of them remain classics to this day.

But in many cases, you had to grow up in the 1960s to know the names of the toys. From the giant robots to the walking dogs, these nifty playthings sparked our imagination.

Let's see if you can fill in all the blanks.

1. ______ A Sketch
  11. Big _______
  12. _______ Dolls
  13. _______ the Walking Dog

Only a Boomer can complete the names of these popular 1960s toys

MissTheOldDays 1 month ago
You got 11 out of 13

This counted as a video game in the 1960s. You had to use your imagination. But how was your memory? Share your results!
JanetPSchwartz 3 months ago

i'm waiting for the quiz for commercials on tv from the 60's. the ones i can't find on youtube. like...the teaberry shuffle? marky maypo? fruit stripe gum? chiclets? doublemint gum? "cleans like a white tornado"?(oh, no racism THERE--!) "STRONGER THAN DIRT!"-----which ones do you remember?
JanetPSchwartz 3 months ago
light bright wasnt around in my childhood. never saw it until the 90's!!!---????
JanetPSchwartz 3 months ago
some of these came after the 60's. i didnt know the toys aimed at boys, so i skipped over those. our toy genders were sharply separated, back then. (altho i wasnt much interested in the ones aimed at domesticating girls, either, i was well aware of them, because they were pushed in our faces from every side.) i preferred doing what the boys did.
EllisClevenger 5 months ago
You got 10 out of 13
Missed #10, #12, and #13
MeAgain65 13 months ago
Why would they name Barbies sister Skipper, And who would want a toy dog named Gaylord Or a doll named flatsy . Bet I know why those toys failed .
JanetPSchwartz MeAgain65 3 months ago
my teen cousin lived in a house full of geriatric adults and she drove them crazy-intenntionally- by walking around the house, singing the "gaylord" commercial ad nauseum. it was a toy for kids who wanted a dog, but whose parents didnt.
TammyBedder 14 months ago
Got 13 out of 13. I completely guessed 1 of the answers but got it right !
JamesBrashear 14 months ago
10 out of 13. Not bad considering I was born in the 70s.
LindaWilliams 14 months ago
Only a Boomer can complete the names of these popular 1960s toys
You got 12 out of 13
This counted as a video game in the 1960s. You had to use your imagination. But how was your memory. Share your results.
i hate ta break it to ya, but there were no such things as video games in the 1960's.
LarryLeGros 15 months ago
10/13. I guessed on half of them.
They forgot Johnny Lightening!
Kellyedee 15 months ago
Oh puleeze....I'm GenX and I can answer most of them. I had a few of them. It WAS the 70s after all. LOL
nerakr 15 months ago
9/13. Not quite a boomer. Born one year too late.
UnicornPrincess 15 months ago
9/13. Easy cuz a lot of these are still really popular.
Mydoglucky9 15 months ago
I watch a lot of old You Tube so I knew the toys except for two because I never heard of the ones I missed.
ErinWard Mydoglucky9 15 months ago