Only the biggest M*A*S*H fans can beat this ultimate character trivia quiz

As Potter once said, "If you aren't Klinger, who the Sam Hill are you?"

The ensemble cast on M*A*S*H is a truly significant entry in TV history and pop culture at large. These characters evolved from the versions seen in the M*A*S*H movie and books to become their own complex personalities that made for some of the best TV ever and drew some of the biggest TV audiences ever.

Did you watch as these characters grew over 11 seasons of M*A*S*H? We laughed and cried, as these characters shared their stories and went through some of life's biggest ups and downs.

If you think you can remember every last detail on this cherished TV cast, do your best below. Only the biggest fans can score 18/21. Good luck!
  1. Sleeps with teddy bear.
  2. Given nickname by father.
  3. Marries and divorces while in camp.
  4. Is an amateur boxer.
  5. Played football at Dartmouth College.
  6. Is one-quarter Cherokee.
  7. Never meets his son.
  8. Won’t divorce wealthy wife.
  9. Devoted to his wife Peg.
  10. Graduated from Harvard.
  11. Huge fan of Toledo Mud Hens.
  12. Huge fan of horses.
  13. Huge fan of superhero comics.
  14. Once dated Audrey Hepburn.
  15. Hometown Crabapple Cove.
  16. Had a private practice in Bloomington, Illinois.
  17. Born in Army base hospital.
  18. Went to Stanford University.
  19. Twice applied (and failed) for Purple Heart.
  20. Has a sister named Kathy.
  21. Stays in Korea after the war.
Only the biggest M*A*S*H fans can beat this ultimate character trivia quiz

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
Cynthia 1 month ago
I got 19 out of 21. Bonus if you remember who Radar's favorite comic book hero is.
titansrst317 3 months ago
21 of 21. I am the Ultimate Masher. Greatest show in history. Favorite scene was Klinger dressed as Statue of Liberty as Gen. McArthur rolls by,

DaveBunzel 3 months ago
20 of 21. Even though I got the answers they had two horrible questions: Radar is also a fan of horses, and it's his love of them that brings Sophie to Potter. Burns twice RECEIVED the Purple Heart, they were just both stolen from him by Pierce/Trapper/BJ to give to those they felt were more deserving.
JeffTanner 3 months ago
I got 19 right and 2 wrong. Got 3 & 14 wrong.
legion1a 3 months ago
I clicked on number three too soon, I missed that it had a "both" option!
Gosh darn it!
Oh well, at least Potter still saluted me!
That's the only thing that really matters in life!
My life's ambition has been satisfied!
I pity those poor folks who only got 19/21!
HA!
RobinPeterson 3 months ago
Um Klinger stayed in Korea after the war to look for his New wife's parents! Yes he eventually got back to the states in After MASH but he stayed for her.
EllisClevenger 3 months ago
You got 20 out of 21
Potter salutes you!
Missed #18.
Don't laugh. Everybody has an off day.
Today, happened to be mine.
UTZAAKE 3 months ago
15/21. Foiled by 2, 3, 4, 9, 14 and 15.
Damian 3 months ago
21 of 21 watched it when it first came out and still do! Greatest show in the history of TV!
garykevinware Damian 3 months ago
Wrong. Perry Mason (1957-1966)
legion1a garykevinware 3 months ago
Both equally!
Lisa 3 months ago
21/21. I have always Loved M*A*S*H

ElPayasoloco 3 months ago
21 / 21
I'm 31 I watch this show every day on HULU really enjoyed the test
Maris 3 months ago
Klinger stayed to help his wife look for her family. I don't know if they found them before After Mash or finally gave up looking. I was thrown on the comic book question because I thought I remembered Charles saying to the guy who stuttered that he enjoyed reading Captain Marvel or something.
JoelGabbert 3 months ago
Klinger stayed in Korea after the war? I don't remember that. He was back in Toledo by the time "AfterMASH" premiered.
cperrynaples JoelGabbert 3 months ago
Apparently, Farr was offered so much money he brought his war bride home!
cperrynaples cperrynaples 3 months ago
PS MeTV should show AfterMASH"!!!
teire 3 months ago
21/21. I salute me too. A good quiz.
cperrynaples 3 months ago
18/21! missed 6 thru 8! The others were either obvious or the most logical. About 2: it would have been really weird if Margaret got her nickname from Daddy and weirder still if it had been BJ...LOL!!!
21/21.
#8 is process of elimination. Charles was not married, and I believe that as part of Frank's backstory, it was mentioned that his wife came from $. You are right about the other questions. If you've seen the episodes enough of course you'll learn the character's backstories. Like Trapper playing football for Dartmouth. He's from the east, so it's logical that he would've attended an eastern school.
Look down below and you can see I commented on Anthony'
s reply. I couldn't help myself. He typed Colonial Potter instead of Colonel Potter!
Question: Can you, or anybody, tell me the connection that M*A*S*H has with Sesame Street? There is a tie-in.
Didn't see that, it's funny! On 8, I remembered Mrs. Burns AFTER I answered! Potter's wife was Mildred and we all know NOW why Winchester never got married...LOL!!
Do you know the answer to my question? Just curious. If not, I have a feeling someone else might. Especially if they have children
There are a few connections.

Big Bird named the bear "Radar" after Burghoff.

Miss Piggy once dressed as Margaret Houlihan.

Loretta Swit appeared on Sesame Street.

M*A*S*H is included for the letter M.

I know there are some others but I'm still waking up LOL.
There was more emphasis on that in the movie. He's the one who has neurosurgeon Capt. Oliver Harmon "Spearchucker" Jones transferred to the 4077 as a ringer. The Jones character was written out of the TV show after just a few episodes.
nerakr 3 months ago
19/21. Missed #3 (clicked too soon) and #20. In an early episode, Margaret mentions a sister. Wasn't sure if Father Mulcahy ever mentioned his sister's actual name.
JeffTanner nerakr 3 months ago
Yes he did. Many times he said his sister the Sister's, because she was a nun, name was Kathy, or Cathy.