What are these M*A*S*H actors selling in old TV commercials?

They promoted computers, beverages, cars, yogurt and more!

How huge was M*A*S*H? Well, the sitcom made the entire ensemble cast celebrities.

Just look at commercials from the era. You could find Col. Potter pitching cereal, Hawkeye hawking computers, Hot Lips flipping hot burgers.

We gathered some of our favorite ads with M*A*S*H actors from back in the day. Take a close look at guess what they are selling!

Watch M*A*S*H on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Weeknights at 7 PM
Sundays 7 PM

1. In 1979, Loretta Swit pitched this "yogurt of France" with its distinctive containers.
  2. Here is Swit again pitching which card?
  3. Swit also sold fast food in 1985. Recognize this burger?
  4. Alan Alda was the spokesman for this computer brand, which launched this nifty Touch Pad in the early '80s.
  5. Here is McLean Stevenson painting in a Sixties ad. Fill in the blanks: "______ Tastes Good Like Your ______ Should."
  6. Here is Stevenson again in 1969 selling Schlitz. Was was Schlitz?
  7. Much of the cast reunited in commercials in the late '80s for this brand.
  8. Look closely. What kind of product in William Christopher selling here? He's in the bow tie.
  9. Radar! Gary Burghoff is pitching Hi Ho. What is Hi Ho?
  10. Here is Wayne Rogers as a cowboy in 1960, helping sell Purina Dog Chow and the new Western sponsored by the dog-food brand. Which Western was he on?
  11. Mike Ferrell is selling a 1969 Fury here. What automaker sold the Fury?
  12. Col. Potter and his pal "Barney" are selling Gaines Complete. What is Gaines Complete?
  13. Finally, here is Harry Morgan again. Which cereal is he selling?

What are these M*A*S*H actors selling in old TV commercials?

QazWiz 1 day ago
the last one was a slam dunk... "It takes four bowls of grape-nuts (the most popular "health" cereal at the time, ) four bowls to equal the nutrition of one bowl of Total"
biscuits18521 QazWiz 1 day ago
Was thinking back to the commercial. I almost guessed "both" then I remembered the point of both cereals being in it in the first place so I guessed it right:).
scp 4 days ago
10 out of 13.

#13 was kind of obvious from the picture.
boogerdogger 6 days ago
What I'd give for an ice cold Schlitz right about now!!
Randall 8 days ago
If you look closely in the first photo on the other side of Alan Alda sits Missy Gold From Benson 11 out of 13 not too shaby!
Runeshaper 10 days ago
You got 9 out of 13 - not bad for not using most of these LOL :)
frenchman71 10 days ago
I got 10/13 but I never seen one of these commercials.
lisaiggy 10 days ago
That is a great quiz but you real have to study the pictures. 13 out of 13.
Muleskinner 11 days ago
9/13. I thought the whopper was a Big Mac. 🍔
Runeshaper Muleskinner 10 days ago
That was a tough 1 for sure
Pacificsun 11 days ago
#4 and #10 were hard.
#4 -I was pretty sure Apple didn't make hardware in black. But I'm not swearing to that. I do know Atari was a VERY popular product. And a a Touch Pad seemed perfect for Gamers! But I never knew one existed so long ago.
#10 - I remember Sugarfoot but never heard of Stagecoach West. And our family watched every Western produced. (But obviously not. What a surprise!).

You had to live through the times really, to know the spokespeople and the products. I remember Harry Morgan pitching Gaines Burgers (because it was kind of a novel product).

Wow. Loretta Swit was certainly shopped around. Stellar Agent!
Wiseguy 11 days ago
#11 Mike Farrell not Ferrell.
lynngdance 11 days ago
BringBackTheMonkees PETITION!!! JOIN THE CAUSE!!!
lynngdance lynngdance 11 days ago

A few days ago I sent METV an email asking about if I got 50 people to sign an online petition to bring The Monkees back would they put them back on the air. They sent me this

Thank you for contacting MeTV, Memorable Entertainment Television.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and value you as a viewer of our programming. Because we receive so many emails every day, we are unable to answer them all personally. However, we do read them all, and direct them to the appropriate personnel at the Network for review and consideration.

Many of the emails we receive concern programming changes to our schedule. Many times these changes make viewers happy because one of their favorite shows has been added to the MeTV schedule. In other instances, a favorite is removed, which is disappointing. Hopefully as we rotate through our program library, your favorite MeTV series will be on the air.

If you are contacting us regarding technical issues, we will forward your email to our affiliate relations and engineering teams. Many times the technical issues are based in your local market with either the local affiliate, cable system or satellite provider. We suggest that you contact your affiliate about the issue as well.

MeTV is America’s number one all classic TV Network because of viewers like you. We truly appreciate the time you spend watching our Network as well as the time you’ve taken to write us.

Thank you!

Sounds like they just didn’t want to deal with it right? Well even though they didn’t give me a clear answer, I have decided to start the petition anyway. Because if 50 people really do sign, that’s GOT to show them that people still want to see The Monkees!

So here’s the details, to “sign” the petition, just reply to this comment saying #BringBackTheMonkees

Remember, The Monkees needs your....
Pacificsun lynngdance 11 days ago
I hope your petition works! 😉
But if it does, then MeTV better be prepared to be inundated with thousands of petitions!
Keep an eye out on where The Monkees might be appearing next. Keep doing a search on the internet. A show with such an enthusiastic fan base won't disappear completely!
Keep up the hope!
sharon4654 lynngdance 9 days ago
PLEASE! Bring back the MONKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lynngdance sharon4654 9 days ago
Thank you!! 😁 Every little bit helps.