Who was in more episodes of Gunsmoke?

Chester or Festus? Doc Adams or Kitty?

James Arness played Marshal Matt Dillon in 635 episodes of Gunsmoke, the only cast member to appear in every single one. While fellow regulars Amanda Blake and Milburn Stone can't top that, they were both in more than 500 episodes — a significant achievement by any standard!

Whether it was regular cast members, recurring characters or famous guest stars, countless actors appeared in Dodge City dozens or even hundreds of times. Take a look at these actor pairings and try to guess who was in more episodes of Gunsmoke!

Watch Gunsmoke on MeTV!

Monday - Saturday at 1 PM & 1:30 PM

1. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  2. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  3. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  4. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  5. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  6. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  7. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  8. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  9. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  10. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  11. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?
  12. Who appeared in more Gunsmoke episodes?

Who was in more episodes of Gunsmoke?

LynCarceo 1 month ago
6 out of 12. I didn't have a clue.
Ninnjette 1 month ago
This one destroyed me LOL.. 3 out of 12...
mslover 2 months ago
11/12 guessed correctly on a couple that were only an episode or two different.
MaryHelen 2 months ago
#3 is wrong-- d weaver was in 9 seasons, while ken curtis was in 11 seasons.
TobyTyler2 MaryHelen 2 months ago
Good catch. IMDB shows Ken Curtis 306 episodes to Dennis Weaver 290 episodes.
MeTV needs to correct that answer.
LynCarceo TobyTyler2 1 month ago
Thank you! I thought Festus was in more than Chester.
fivecents 2 months ago
6/12 .... thought I'd have done better, I love the old B/W Gunsmoke, watch it daily.
RoberttheWallace 2 months ago
Awesome quiz--so many great actors to have appeared on Gunsmoke; just watched one of my favorite scify flicks on Svengoolie last night with the great James Arness: " The Thing From Another World ". . . Super movie. One of the few films where the Original movie is equal in entertainment, suspense, and superior quality with its remake { with Kurt Russell's 1980 " The Thing " by John Carpenter }! ;
Kaydee 2 months ago
8/12...I believe actor Victor French (Mr. Edwards "Little House on the Prairie") was in the most episodes on Gunsmoke, and he was a really great actor too.
Cowgirl 2 months ago
You got 12 out of 12
Hold yer taters, you were fine as frogs hair on this here quiz!
#3 is wrong. Ken Curtis was in 306 episodes while Dennis Weaver was in 290 episodes.
fivecents Cowgirl 2 months ago
I knew Ken Curtis was in alot of episodes, even some where he didn't play his trademark Festus charactor. However, I loved Dennis Weaver more as Matt's sidekick, always good for a laugh
Cowgirl fivecents 2 months ago
Yes, Ken Curtis was in quite a few episodes before he became Festus. The difference between his normal speaking voice & his Festus voice is amazing. I loved hearing him sing & like Pernell Roberts on Bonanza, he didn't get to do it enough on the show. I wonder what the show would have been like with if Dennis Weaver & Burt Reynolds had stayed on it along with Ken Curtis. I read somewhere that Dennis Weaver said he always regretted the decision for his character to have a stiff leg in the show. I don't know if you've ever heard Ken Curtis sing, but you can find videos of him on You Tube. He was a member of the Sons of the Pioneers & their lead singer for several years. They were in the movie Rio Grande with John Wayne. Ken had a beautiful voice.
flipdave 2 months ago
According to IMdb Ken Curtis appeared in more episodes than Dennis Weaver; Curtis had 306, Weaver 290!
TonyDStrong 2 months ago
You got 5 out of 12
I did a GOOD JOB on the quiz.
Where's my treat?
john 2 months ago
Watching INSP network really paid off 12/12. I blowed it away.
dodgebob 2 months ago
It's as if I never watched, 5/12, get a rope, smack that horse hard and let me swing.