Your mission… I.D. these members of the IMF team on Mission: Impossible

Remember all these characters from the original show?

The fuse is lit… the clock is ticking… time to take a television quiz!

Mission: Impossible continues to be a blockbuster franchise to this day. It all began in 1966 with the original series. With cast members like Leonard Nimoy and Martin Landau, no wonder it was a hit.

Over its seven-season run, M:I utilized a dozen or so skilled team members on its Impossible Missions Force. See if you remember all these IMF agents!

Watch Mission: Impossible on MeTV!

Sunday Nights at 3 AM

1. Peter Graves played this leader of the IMF from the second season onward. (Jon Voight played the character in the 1996 movie.)
  2. Rollin was the "man of a million faces" and had a last name that was a human body part. What is his name?
  3. Leonard Nimoy later became the master of disguise, named after a European city.
  4. Barbara Bain played this spicy model/actress on the squad.
  5. Greg Morris appeared in the most episodes. Recognize his character with a mustache?
  6. After Morris, Peter Lupus appeared in the second-most episodes as…?
  7. Sam Elliott is hard to recognize with his iconic mustache as the doctor…?
  8. Steven Hill portrayed this IMF leader in season one.
  9. Lesley Ann Warren was this female member of the team in season five.
  10. Lynda Day George was the cosmetologist and mistress-of-disguise named Lisa, but people mostly called her by her last name…?
  11. Lee Meriwether was an early temporary replacement for Barbara Bain playing this character.
  12. Barbara Anderson (from Ironside) briefly filled in as this secret agent in the final season.

Your mission… I.D. these members of the IMF team on Mission: Impossible

Wiseguy 12 days ago
All of the original characters had a double consonant in their names: Briggs, Rollin, Cinnamon, Collier (Barney) and Willy.

(I refuse to believe the Jim Phelps in the movie is the same character as the series. Maybe a namesake relative who took over from the original Phelps after he retired in 1990 [the end of the second series].)
MarkSpeck 16 days ago
12 out of 12. M:I is another of those shows that I live for, so I better know all of these...LOL!
FatOlBroad 1 month ago
You got 12 out of 12
You diffused that with ease! Who says it's impossible?
I love this show! Why doesn't it air at a reasonable hour?
marleo8 1 month ago
Hot dog! 10 out of 12. I LOVED watching this show with my parents.
FatOlBroad 3 months ago
Your mission… I.D. these members of the IMF team on Mission: Impossible
You got 12 out of 12
You diffused that with ease! Who says it's impossible?
I loved this show. What TC and greedy producers did to it in movies... INSULTING.
TheDavBow3 7 months ago
9/12. Willie was my favorite as a kid.
GregLemieux 8 months ago
12/12 That was tougher than I thought. I thought it would be guest stars. I didn't know Sam Elliott's character name, but I thought I'd heard Jim use that first name on occasion. Had to guess on Barbara Anderson's character. The rest I knew, though.
JoanKiedes 8 months ago
10/12 I love love this show. Had the complete set of DVRs but lost them in a move. Pls bring the ones back with Peter Graves!!!! And the theme song, stands the test of time!!!
Wiseguy JoanKiedes 12 days ago
They're showing the Peter Graves episodes now, currently the second season.
AlbertHanson 8 months ago
12/12. I had a couple I needed to guess since I didn't remember the characters from the last couple of seasons.
msglenn 8 months ago
3 of 12, never watched the show so I guessed them all.
bnichols23 8 months ago
Well, 10, not too bad since I didn't watch the last couple of seasons. The Sam Elliott one threw me completely.
MarkSpeck bnichols23 16 days ago
Easy to miss the Sam Elliott one, as he was only on the show briefly during the '70-'71 season, filling in for Willy in a few episodes.
DavidBartholomew 8 months ago
The original concept was a group of ordinary citizens were recruited IMF. Every week would be a different cast!! Stephen Hill would be the only recurring actor, the recruiter. This explained the opening, the portfolio of agents, and choosing the team.

Hill was(is?) an Orthodox Jew, and cannot work on Sabbath. When the format was changed from anthology to regular series, he left the show, replaced by Graves.
Not only could he not work on the Sabbath, he also could not work before a certain hour or after a certain hour. That didn't fly, considering that M:I often had 18-hour days, which they maintained needed to be done to ensure the feature-film quality of the show.
Not quite. He didn't leave, he was kicked out. And the anthology format was discarded early on when they realized how popular Martin Landau, etc. were.
Runeshaper 8 months ago
I did terrible, but now I want to watch the show! LOL :)
djw1120 Runeshaper 8 months ago
Good news, you can!
It's on Sunday nights at 3:00AM right here on MeTV.
texasluva djw1120 8 months ago
Oh. I can watch it at 2:00 A.M here. Letting my alarm clock know. "No matter what I say or do" Do not wake me up at 2:00 A.M! Mission to do so would be impossible .
Runeshaper djw1120 8 months ago
Thank you! :)
Barry22 8 months ago
10/12, had such a crush on Lesley Ann Warren.
EllisClevenger 8 months ago
You got 11 out of 12
You diffused that with ease! Who says it's impossible?
Missed #12.