The Addams Family is coming to MeTV beginning in May

Mysterious and spooky, they're altogether ooky!

Read to Me

Da-Da-Da-Dum, Snap Snap! They're creepy and they're kooky! That's right, the family that defined "ooky" is now part of the MeTV family. You and your family can watch The Addams Family weeknights at 6PM | 5C beginning Monday, May 3. Join Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Cousin Itt, and Grandmama.

The Addams Family originally aired for two seasons, from 1964–66, but its gothic humor influenced generations of fans. Based on the macabre cartoons of illustrator Charles Addams, many of which ran in The New Yorker, The Addams Family was part of a wave of funny fantasy series in the Sixties. No wonder that its stars, John Astin and Carolyn Jones, later popped up as Batman villains.

Fun fact: The characters did not have names until the television series.

Over the years, the Addams clan never strayed far from the spotlight. In the Seventies, an animated cartoon and reunion movie, a 1977 Halloween special, proved the Addams were as popular as ever. Of course, two decades later, a fresh cast revived the franchise with a series of hit films. The irresistible theme music by Vic Mizzy remains one of the most well-known TV ditties.

On MeTV, you can revisit the original classic Monday through Friday, beginning in May. Need a hand? We have the "Thing" for you! Click the "Add to Favorites" button below to receive updates about Addams Family content, quizzes and news.

Watch The Addams Family on MeTV!

Weeknights at 6PM

Jdrknlvly 3 days ago
MeTV you should have left The Flintstones on your 6pm lineup. I really enjoyed relaxing in the evening by watching The Flintstones. Now I have to look for a different channel to see The Flintstones every evening. This is disappointing. It would be great to see you bring it back and replace Happy Day or some other show with The Flintstones, if needed. Just bring it back; we need our Flintstones in the evenings!
ajt1977 4 days ago
I am a totally blind listener! To METV! I enjoy these classic tv programs! Especially the carol bernet sho, and the ed Sullivan show!
onejae 4 days ago
The Flintstones were featured in 15 time slots during the week when the show was launched on MeTv (1 hour block M-F, plus the two-hour Sunday morning block, and 10PM slot before the Honeymooners) Now it's down to three slots on Sunday mornings. I have a feeling The Flintstones will be eliminated from the tv lineup by the end of the year :(
BreaB90 7 days ago
I don’t mind the Addam’s Family but why do they have to replace The Flintstones?? Why not one or both Adam-12 or whatever it is or Happy Days?? Cut some of the uninteresting shows!!
vinman63 8 days ago
Grandpa Al Lewis and Fred Gwynn had chemistry. Uncle Fester was a riot.
McAlisterBillie 9 days ago
Streaming service Tubi TV will have all 6 seasons of the Flintstones starting May 1st.
What about the new MeTV Plus channel that I heard about this week that for now will only be on in Chicago, Phoenix, Hooterville, and Mayberry? Will The Addams Family be on there as well?
Pikeman 10 days ago
It's a sad day to see The Flintstones taken away from Me Tv lineup... Alsway looked forward to 6 to watch them... There were other tired shows that could have been removed and not THE FLINTSTONES
Katbird1 11 days ago
Are they really taking off Flintstones? Will they keep it on for another time
Grynch_84 Katbird1 6 days ago
Still there on Sunday.
MarianneCoon 11 days ago
I love The Addams family but I can pick it up in many other stations--Pluto tv has a whole channel dedicated to it...I love The Flintstones and no one else shows them--I am heartsick.
Grynch_84 12 days ago
From the March MeTV cartoon poll. #1 & #2 were The Jetsons and Looney Tunes. Pink Panther was #17. Jonny Quest, Super Friends & Scooby-Doo were more highly rated. Wonder if those toons are on the list of future MeTV slots? Would be nice.
Chrisesmom199 12 days ago
There are so many older TV shows. Why have blocks of the same show on? That is being lazy and cheap. Bring back the Rockford Files, The Fugitive and some other; replace Gomer Pyle, Saved By The Bell, Happy Days (Fonzie was in his late 20’s or 30’s playing a teenager, Chuck went to his room and never came back) and keep The Flintstones, the first adult cartoon on Primetime TV. Once a show has gone through it’s complete series, replace it with something fresh. It gets old watching the same reruns cycle over and over. Love Star Trek. Never gets old.
Grynch_84 Chrisesmom199 12 days ago
Fonzie's character on the show was never in his teens. I agree about Star Trek, but when they "remastered" the episodes with special effects I was not impressed. Loved the old effects. The color of some of the planets was very creative.
RufusJames 15 days ago
So what is happening to The Flintstones?
teethclenched 15 days ago
I was hoping it was going to replace GOMER PYLE.
Brian 15 days ago
Did you ever notice that the Addams Family theme song's notes (do-do-do doo) seems to be the same as the intro notes in the theme song for The X Files? How freaky is that? A whole pile of X Files could be written about the Addams Family.
TraciSteinberg 15 days ago
Fios in NY. You do not get the jetsons because of Jersey TV takes over at that time. Why so much saved by the bell. Share the wealth. More flint stones,jetsons.
Josey 16 days ago
Please take off Mannix and put Rockford files back on...
Mousefx 16 days ago
Why doesn't METV do this, leave the Flintstones on, get rid of happy days, put Adam's family on at 6:30 pacific time!
Kittyboo Mousefx 16 days ago
I agree ! I hate to see the Flintstones go too
Josey Mousefx 16 days ago
For sure, leave the Flintstones on and dump-get rid of happy days...
Brian Mousefx 15 days ago
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Happy Days... aka Dappy Haze. I'll never understand how people can watch Happy Days... worst TV show ever. made.
StrayCat Brian 13 days ago
Actually, Happy Days was pretty good during its initial run. However, it hasn't held up over time like some other sitcoms did.