Are these episodes of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. or classic military comedy films?

Do you know these funny military titles?

While the hilarious Jim Nabors was already beloved by many from his time as Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show, leading his own spinoff sitcom really made him a household name.

Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. kept the sense of humor from Andy Griffith but added a military twist. The setting brought about countless hilarious situations and great characters like Frank Sutton as Sergeant Carter.

See if you can tell the difference between the names of Gomer Pyle episodes and titles of classic military comedy films. At ease and good luck!

Watch Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. on MeTV!

Weeknights at 8 PM
Saturdays at 4 AM & 4:30 AM

1. Private Ralph Skunk
  2. I Was a Male War Bride
  3. Daughter of the Sarge
  4. Kelly’s Heroes
  5. Corporal Carol
  6. Captain Ironpants
  7. No Time for Sergeants
  8. Go Blow Your Horn
  9. At War with the Army
  10. Buck Privates
  11. Sergeant of the Week
  12. Operation Petticoat

Are these episodes of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. or classic military comedy films?

Moverfan 11 days ago
The episode of Gomer Pyle they ran tonight (11/17) was something to do with a TV dating show. I looked up at the screen after it started and saw Frank Sutton as Sgt. Carter in his dress blues. Oh my...oh my my my my my my...so handsome, sir!
Marty51wa 18 days ago
Just LOVE this website! Can't stay off of it! My top 3 favorites: Mash, Star Trek, Dragnet :)
RockySullivan 20 days ago
11/12 missed #8, was thinking of come blow your horn
dodgebob 20 days ago
Shazaaaum, 9/12, I love Gomer, innocent gentle humor that everyone can relate to.
Filmnoirfan 20 days ago
10/12 - surprisingly high for someone who never watched the show
327053 20 days ago
12 outta 12 Well Gholly!!!😊
srstein 20 days ago
10/12! Better than my veteran husband. In fact I’ll have hubby take me out on Veterans Day just to rub his face in it!
frances3agape 21 days ago
11 of 12 !
Knew the movies, most of the GPs.
Missed No 8 - Go Blow Your Horn
MarkSpeck 21 days ago
12 out of 12, mainly because I knew the movies.
PINKYLEE 21 days ago
12/12 I watched a lot of TV and movies in my younger days.

In fact, as a pre-teen I watched "No Time For Sergeants" when it originally aired on TV as a play.
PINKYLEE PINKYLEE 21 days ago
In fact, as a young child I never missed watching the Pinky Lee show!
Margaret 22 days ago
12 out of 12! I remember those Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. episodes because I watched that show every week and weekdays in reruns.
DavidBartholomew 22 days ago
Highly recommend Operation Petticoat!! Cary Grant, Tony Curtis! Romantic/slapstick comedy
DavidBartholomew 22 days ago
I hardly consider Kelly's Heroes to be a comedy, if it's the film I'm thinking of. Clint Eastwood, Telly Sevalas, Carroll O'Connor
Load previous comments
I'll assume you mean Don Rickles, since CPO Sharkey was his only successful series! Do you remember when he broke Carson's cigarette box and Carson went over to the Sharkey set to confront Rickles?
Yes, on both questions. I liked, {I think this is when it happened,} before he broke it, Don wanted to write something. He turned the pencil over several times before realizing there were erasers on both ends!
Did you hear the answer to this question?
The answer is: Sunday, November 9th, 2020.
The Question: When was the passing of Alex Trebek?
R.I.P. Alex. Condolences to his family and friends.
Wrong date above. This is the right date: Nov 8, 2020.
What is Nov. 8, 2020
Publix1984 22 days ago
Everybody sometime in our life has met a Gomer Pyle or a Sergeant Carter That you can relate to,lols
I never have. So no, your statement is incorrect. Pet peeve of mine: whenever anyone says: "We all have,"/everybody has met someone/done something like that," when not everyone has. One of the ways to phrase what you've said: "Some of us can relate, because some have met folks like the Sarge and Gomer." But not everybody.
Greg 22 days ago
12/12 Knew the Movies have watched GP I just never notice the titles of tv shows. Anyone that's not seen Kelly's Hero's it's a great heist movie
RedSamRackham Greg 22 days ago