Can you match these mascots to the correct breakfast cereal brands?

You definitely know Tony the Tiger but do you know Linus the Lionhearted?

Cereals are more than a morning treat. These breakfast brands have given us mascots that filled our cartoon commercials breaks. Heck, some of them even got cartoons of their own back in the day.

Kellogg's, Post and General Mills came up with some clever and colorful characters over the decades. We bet you know most of them.

But it takes a true cereal fanatic to match all of these names to the correct brand. Grab your thinkin' spoon and let's go!

1. Tony the Tiger
  2. Toucan Sam
  3. Snap, Crackle & Pop
  4. Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble
  5. Cornelius Rooster
  6. BuzzBee
  7. Sunny the Sun
  8. Chip the Wolf
  9. Jean LaFoote, Harry S. Hippo & Seadog
  10. Dig 'Em Frog
  11. Chef Wendell
  12. Lovable Truly the Postman
  13. Linus the Lionhearted
  14. Whoo the Wizard of Oatz
Can you match these mascots to the correct breakfast cereal brands?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
LindaWilliams 4 hours ago
You got 14 out of 14
You deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Nice work!
anthony 15 hours ago
12/14.you deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Even though I got the Cap'n Crunch one wrong?Thanks! The other one I got wrong was the Crispy Critters I never heard of.
stephaniestavropoulos 16 hours ago
Which came first, the cereal or the mascot? In the case of Cap 'n' Crunch, the mascot came first. CNC is {one of} the only cereals where the cereal was made for the mascot. {Instead of the mascot for the cereal, as with most cereals, that is what happened.}
Very interesting! I never knew that.
AlF 1 day ago
Missed 8 & 14. Chip the Wolf? Wizard of Oatz? They both sound bogus to me!
MrBill 1 day ago
12/14; Never heard of All Stars cereal and I do not recall ever seeing an ad for Cinnamon Toast Crunch so I had to guess and missed those two.
If you've ever caught a commercial where one piece of cereal gets eaten by another, that's CTC. I've seen commercials for CTC. I call them the "cannibal commercials" Each cinnamon toasted square eats "one of their own! That's why I call them cannibalistic. It's the Donner Party in cereal form. {If you aren't familiar w/DP, Google them.}
RobCertSDSCascap 1 day ago
14/14!
#9- Cinnamon Crunch, Punch Crunch, Cap'n Crunch,
to be exact.
What does Cinnamon Crunch and Punch Crunch have to do with Cap 'n' Crunch? Are you saying that Jean LaFoote, is the mascot for Cinnamon Toast crunch, Harry S Hippo is the mascot for Punch Crunch, and Cap 'n' Crunch is the mascot for CC? Well, you are wrong if you think this. All 3 mascots represent CC.
daDoctah 1 day ago
Remember when Linus the Lionhearted had his own Saturday morning show, along with friends like Sugar Bear (and his nemesis Granny Goodwitch), postman Lovable Truly, Japanese boy So-Hi, and others? Every segment featured a Post mascot, which eventually got the show taken off the air for in effect being a half-hour cereal commercial.
booster 1 day ago
12/14 They didn't mention a sailor on Cap'n Crunch, and I never heard of those other characters. I should have known, though, because Lucky Charms is a leprechaun and Quisp is a martian. Never heard of Chip the Wolf.
Chip replaced The Cookie Crook.
Quake grew up to be Joe Swanson.
Trivia Tidbit: Quake was a construction worker.
garykevinware 1 day ago
Captain Crunch is a fraud! According to his uniform, he is actually a Commander.
I tried to log onto the link you copied, it doesn't work.
WILD 1 day ago
I thought Dig 'em was the mascot for Kellogg's Sugar Smacks. Also what happened to Tony, the Tiger jr.
He was, before the name change.
Not sure why Tony Jr. disappeared, maybe because he was on Frosted Rice
which became Frosted Rice Krispies. Also, he has a sister named Antoinette,
who is 21 years older.
If you want to see the Honey/Sugar Smacks mascots through the ages, go to: charactersofadvertising.wordpress.com.
WILD 1 day ago
You got 13 out of 14
You deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Nice work! Missed #12.
Jhh 3 days ago
soon cereal will be a dinosaur,,,,it will all be fat and sodium from McD's
Barry22 4 days ago
13/14, I remember when Hanna-Barbera characters sold Kelloggs cereals. Quickdraw Mcgraw sold Sugar Smacks.
Yogi Bear for OKs, Huckleberry Hound for All Stars, and Snagglepuss
for Cocoa Krispies.
nerakr 4 days ago
10/14. Never heard of three of them.
cperrynaples 4 days ago
12/14! I'm cuckoo for cereal mascots! Which reminds me, "where was Sunny the cuckoo bird?" Yes, I missed 8 and 11,but those were tough! A few fun facts: Most of these were made by either Kellogg's or Post. Anyone care to guess which ones? I will add these bonus facts: Fred & Barney also sold Fruity Pebbles, Jean Lafoote was "Zee barefoot pirate", and Linus the Lionhearted headlined a Saturday morning cartoon that also featured Loveable Truely and Sugar Bear!
Can this quiz be any easier?!?!
Kellogg's: 1. Frosted Flakes 2. Corn Pops 3. Rice/Cocoa Krispies 4. Froot Loops 5. Raisin Bran 6. Corn Flakes 7. Honey Smacks.
Post: 1. Crispy Critters 2. Alpha-Bits 3. Grape-Nuts 4. Honey Bunches Of Oats 5. Honey Comb 6. Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles
General Mills: 1. Wheaties 2. Trix 3. Lucky Charms 4. Cocoa Puffs 5. Cheerios/Honey Nut 6. Total 7. Count Chocula/Frankenberry/Booberry/Fruit Brute 8. **Total 9. Lucky Charms 10. Trix.
Quaker Oats: 1. Quisp 2. **Life 3. Quake 4. Cap 'n' Crunch/Crunchberries. **{I know Life & Total didn't have a mascot, I just thought I'd include them, anyway.}
I realize I didn't get them all. These were all I could recall, off the top of my head.
I think you got 'em all! The mascots not matched in the quiz: Trix is "that Silly rabbit", Lucky Charms is a leprekaun[sp?], Cocoa Puffs was Sunny the Cuckoo, Cheerios was a boy I can't remember,Quisp was a Martian,Sugar Bear was Sugar Crisp, and I can't remember who sold Whackies!
That's not what you asked for. I interpreted your "rules" as being which company made which cereal. So that is what I gave you.
Whackies was sold by General Mills.
That's SONNY the Cuckoo Bird. SUNNY is the sun mascot for Kellogg's Raisin Bran.
"Cheerios Kid" is the name of the Cheerios boy mascot, I think the girls name was "Sue". {"Sue" called him "Kid."}
You said that most of the cereals mentioned, were made by either Kellogg's or Post. If you look at my list, you can see, I listed 10 from GM. {I also said that I didn't list all of them, so you may be right when you said K/P made the majority.