Can you pass the huge Honeymooners trivia quiz?

Bang, zoom! You'll be over the moon if you can ace this.

He was called The Great One. John Herbert Gleason was born in New York, New York. "Jackie" had a rough adolescence, filled with abandonment, tragedy, street gangs and low-wage work. Once Gleason got his break, few believed the fast-living funnyman would make it last. Yet with his entertainment savvy, drive and charm, he would become one of the titans of 20th-century pop.

He turned his roots into source material for one of the all-time great sitcoms, The Honeymooners. The blue-collar characters lived on television for decades, from their sketch comedy origins to their beloved sitcom to reunion specials.

They even inspired The Flintstones

Yes, the Honeymooners are an American institution. Let's see how well you know them.

Watch The Honeymooners on MeTV!

Sundays at 10:30PM - Starting January 1

1. What does Ed Norton do for a living?
  2. Ralph drives a bus. What is the name of the bus company?
  3. Ralph and Norton belong to the Loyal Order of… which animal?
  4. The Honeymooners made their debut in 1951 as a sketch on this DuMont network series hosted by Jackie Gleason.
  5. The characters lived in which borough of New York?
  6. The Kramdens and Nortons lived at which street address?
  7. The half-hour episodes of 'The Honeymooners' sitcom that aired on CBS from 1955–56 are called "The Classic…" this number.
  8. Was 'The Honeymooners' filmed before a live studio audience?
  9. What was the title of 'The Honeymooners' theme song?
  10. Which Honeymooners actor won five Emmy awards for his or her role?
  11. What is Alice's maiden name?
  12. A scene from "The Man from Space" appeared in this beloved 1985 sci-fi blockbuster.
  13. These Italian neighbors lived in the building with the Kramdens.
  14. Who was the first actress to play the role of Alice Kramden on television?
  15. Why was the above actress replaced?
  16. What was the name of Alice's sister?
  17. The color Honeymooners reunions in the 1960s were taped in this city where Jackie Gleason lived.
  18. Norton served in which branch of the U.S. military?
  19. Ralph plays this instrument in "Young Man with a Horn." His father gave it to him.
  20. Ralph goes on this quiz show and flubs a question about the song "Swanee River."
  21. Prior to creating The Honeymooners, Jackie Gleason starred in this sitcom from 1949–50.
  22. The final Honeymooners production aired in this year.
  23. This actress played the role of Alice Kramden from 1966–70.
  24. This actress played the role of Trixie Norton in the "Color Honeymooners" of the 1960s.
  25. Complete the name of this episode: "Dial J for _______"?

Can you pass the huge Honeymooners trivia quiz?

Save with

TheDavBow3 4 days ago
15/25. That's good for me. A few guesses for sure. Gotta admit, Buford T. Justice is my favorite character of Jackie's.
Dario 9 days ago
20 out of 25. 😁😁😁😁😁
wrestlinggod 14 days ago
Wow 12 of 25 and I watch the show a lot
Art1957 16 days ago
You got 21 out of 25
I honestly thought I'd do better, I LOVE "The Honeymooners"!
MadMadMadWorld 16 days ago
Jackie Gleason died (in his home in Lauderhill, Florida (west of Ft. Lauderdale) on June 24, 1987, at only 71. In 2000, a statue of him as Ralph Kramden in "And away we go!" pose was installed at the Miami Beach Bus Terminal. He deserves every honor and statue he can get for what he did to make people laugh for over 65 years now! The world needs more Gleasons (and Art Carneys!) for entertainment and laughter, but there was only one "The Great One" as his appropriate nickname was bestowed on him. God bless Jackie Gleason, and Art Carney!

I totally agree, you could not have said it better. Jackie Gleason was one of the great ones. Entertainers like Red Skelton, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Phil Silvers just to name a few. TV shows have no names acting in a cascade of no entertainment programs nowadays. What’s up with all the cop programs, none are realistic, I can say that due to being in law enforcement for 38 years. Most people believe what they see on TV as being how it really is on the street. The only old cop show that came close was Hill Street Blues. Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox.
tpac 22 days ago
This quiz was tough 13 out of 25
ConnieSilano 27 days ago
Hello, my name is Connie, and as you can see, I didn't do so well, on The Honeymooners quiz, from the website, METV.com. The only time, I ever watched, all the episodes, of The Honeymooners, was on New Year's Eve, into New Year's Day, when WPIX11 channel 11, has The Honeymooners marathon on. This is when I watch all of the episodes. Other than that, I'm not much of, a Honeymooners fan. I apologize, to all the Honeymooners fans, and to all the baby boomers, of this era, that I'm not a fan, of The Honeymooners. I'm so sorry to you all. I thank you for listening to me, and you all take care, and may God bless you all, and may He keep you all, in His Sacred Heart, and may His Holy Spirit, shine upon you all. May God also, give you all, the strength, all the love, all the power, all the courage, and all of His divine mercy, you all so desperately deserve. Again, thank you for listening to me.
Craigg 27 days ago
You got 20 out of 25
You're the greatest! Consider yourself a TV trivia master.
louiejl 27 days ago
"I liked it better with a sock in it" .." I like you better with a sock in you" 21 out of 25. Thought I'd do better. Watched as a kid...still do. Some of the best lines ever.
Brian 28 days ago
Holy whackamolie, I got 18 of 25 right, and I haven't watched the show since I was a kid. Mostly, the questions on later shows threw me.
MadMadMadWorld 28 days ago
#17 made two errors in the answers listed. The show was taped in Miami Beach, not in Miami. I saw one taped episode in 1966 at the then-Miami Beach Auditorium. Gleason did not live in Miami. He lived in Lauderhill, a city west of Ft. Lauderdale, 25 miles north of Miami.
I bet that was fun!
Catman MadMadMadWorld 17 days ago
I lived down there at the time and I didn't notice that! Good eye.
It was! The episode was unfortunately not a Honeymooners' episode, it was a variety show. But I still enjoyed being there and seeing him and the others less than 75 feet from my seat.
MadMadMadWorld Catman 16 days ago
I knew it was Miami Beach, and I later looked up where he lived, and it was in Lauderhill, near a golf course. He is buried there now since that sad day on June 24, 1987, at only 71. He was a big man in more ways than one, and that is why in tv history, he earned every bit of his nickname, "The Great One."
Loved The Jackie Gleason Show.
Moverfan 28 days ago
So what's sillier? Saying "tally ho" to a fox or "hello" to a golf ball?
MadMadMadWorld Kelle 28 days ago
That episode, "The Golfer" was one of the highlights of the 39! So many great lines, and Ed's impersonation of a golfer with his silly address ("Hello, Ball!") is one of the funniest, and best remembered bits in his long association as that character. Art Carney could do drama, just as superbly as he did 'Ed Norton." He won the 1975 Best Actor award for his role in "Harry and Tonto" 1974 movie. Art made The Honeymooners funnier and memorable than if it was only Alice and Ralph having their disputes and Ralph's money schemes.
moax429 28 days ago
23/25. Tripped up on #s 10 and 18 (I always thought Audrey Meadows won the most Emmys, judging by that photo of her accepting the award in Donna McCrohan's 1978 book "The Honeymooners Companion").

Gleason and "The Honeymooners" was, is, and *always will be,* #1 in my book! (Now, MeTV, when are you ever going to show the "lost" episodes of "The Honeymooners?" I'm pretty sure CBS included said episodes in the current "Honeymooners" syndication package!)
Muleskinner 29 days ago
18/25. A lot of folks don’t know that Jackie Gleason was the first Chester Riley on TV.