Can you spell the names of all these Sixties TV stars?

Will you be the Sixties spelling bee champ?

You have to be a big fan of 1960s TV to know the decade's biggest stars by name. And you have to be an even bigger fan to know precisely how to spell out each and every name you watched roll by in the credits of hit shows.

Think you've got the chops to win today's TV-tinged Sixties spelling bee?

Scroll through these familiar faces below and try to guess the correct spelling every time. You'll only be the champ if you make it through each round without a single spelling error. Good luck!
  1. He played Jed Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies:
  2. She played Aunt Bee on The Andy Griffith Show:
  3. He starred as the dad on My Three Sons:
  4. She starred as the mom on Lost in Space:
  5. He served the doctor on Star Trek:
  6. She played "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" on The Brady Bunch:
  7. He sang lead vocals on most of The Monkees' biggest hits:
  8. She played Mrs. Howell on Gilligan's Island:
  9. He starred as Ben Cartwright on Bonanza:
  10. She starred as Della Street on Perry Mason:
Can you spell the names of all these Sixties TV stars?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
EllisClevenger 29 days ago
You got 8 out of 10
Looks like you fell asleep on some of these major credits.
Missed #3 and #7.
JeffTanner 29 days ago
You got 9 out of 10 ---------Looks like you fell asleep on some of these major credits. Got number 7 wrong, but that's how he used to spell his first name with an e before the y. Mickey, now it's Micky
Kenson 1 month ago
10/10 but harder than expected and certainly wouldn't have bet on some.
MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
9/10 Can't believe I missed Micky Dolenz.
UTZAAKE MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
I was foiled by #8. Tricky quiz. I like it!
Same here. That's the one I missed as well.
anthony 1 month ago
8/10.Wow I could have sworn Micky Dolenz had an E in Micky.Now I gotta go check if I have been spelling Mickey Mouse and Mickey Mantle wrong all these years.😋
cperrynaples 1 month ago
10/10! and didn't most of you kinda cheat on 5 by reading another post first? MeTV, you should have saved it for Monday? Stephanie, I would be shocked if you missed 7...LOL!!
I'll admit it. I read the article, just before I took this quiz.
SheriHeffner 1 month ago
7 out of 10. I guess I fell asleep like it said.
teire 1 month ago
8/10, got some right with guesses, got two wrong I should have known.
stephaniestavropoulos 1 month ago
10/10.
"He served the doctor on Star Trek. O. K., I'll bite: In what capacity & exactly what did the doctor serve the doctor, {or to himself}?
Was it what KHAN offered up in THE WRATH OF KHAN: "Revenge is a dish best served cold." Did the Good Doctor serve up a tennis ball? Just what did the Good Doctor serve? "I'm a doctor, not a server!"
No, the correct phrase is "I'm a doctor, not a waiter!"...LOL!! Clearly, they meant "served as the Doctor". Damn it Jim, proofread the posts! I would argue that it was the auto kitchen that served everyone on the Enterprise!
No, I am right. I was including the serving of a tennis ball as well. Seeing as how I don't know how one can be a waiter to a tennis ball...the word "waiter" need not apply, because it doesn't in this case.
Good point, only in that case the phrase would be "serve to the Doctor", although don't most doctors play golf...LOL!!!
Mirramanee 1 month ago
I only missed one (Q 7), so I do not think I deserved the comment "Looks like you fell asleep on some of these major credits."
cperrynaples Mirramanee 1 month ago
Boy, is Stephanie going to be angry...LOL!!!
anthony Mirramanee 1 month ago
👍I agree and I got two wrong.
Yes, I am angry because Mirramanee missed #7. If she {?} finds that her tv is acting strangely, and she feels like she is not in the right frame of mind: That's because the Evil Wizard Glick has taken control because she did miss question #7.
JeffTanner Mirramanee 29 days ago