How well do you know the Star Trek episode ''The Doomsday Machine''?

Can you ace this fan-made quiz about this fan-favorite episode?

Thanks to MeTV fan Christopher Seeley who made this quiz about his favorite Star Trek episode! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

The second season episode "The Doomsday Machine" lands on most lists of best Star Trek episodes of all time. Everything from the character-building to the original musical score makes this installment a standout.

How well do you remember this tense space showdown? Try your luck below!

Watch Star Trek on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 PM

1. The U.S.S. Enterprise picks up the distress beacon of what ship?
  2. True or False: A guilt-ridden Commodore Matt Decker piloted a shuttlecraft down the Planet Killer's maw.
  3. Who played Commodore Matt Decker?
  4. True or False: Captain Kirk used the U.S.S. Constellation to launch an old style nuclear weapon to destroy the Planet Killer from within.
  5. When did "The Doomsday Machine" originally air?
  6. Both the U.S.S. Constellation and U.S.S. Enterprise's powerful phaser banks had no effect against the Planet Killer's hull. What material was the Planet Killer's hull constructed of?
  7. True or False: A fusion explosion of 1,000 megatons will result if a starship impulse engine is overloaded.
  8. Who played the Communications Officer Lt. Palmer?
  9. How many seconds did Captain Kirk have before the U.S.S. Constellation's Impulse Engines overloaded once he activated Mr. Scott's delay detonation device?
  10. True or False: Commodore Matt Decker used his option under regulations as a Starfleet Commodore to take command of the U.S.S. Enterprise from Mr. Spock.
  11. Which type of beam did the Planet Killer use to carve planets into rubble?
  12. What was the U.S.S. Constellation's registry number?

How well do you know the Star Trek episode ''The Doomsday Machine''?

JohnAustin779 3 months ago
Fantastic quiz! I got 10 out of 12 right. I got a heroic zoom in 🙂! The two questions I got wrong were about the fusion megaton explosion and Scotty's delayed detonation timer.
I'm not gonna give spoilers because this is a great quiz and I want people to have fun with it. Thank you MeTV and Christopher Seeley for coming up with another great Star Trek quiz 🖖.
cseeley90 JohnAustin779 1 month ago
You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.
TheOnlyONE 4 months ago
12/12 ANOTHER easy one. Stardate 4202.1
MarkBedell 5 months ago
I only missed 7 and 11... does that make this my lucky day?
TheDavBow3 5 months ago
8/12! Should've done better because it's my all time favorite ST episode. Missed 7, 8, 11, 12
Jackdev73 5 months ago
The actress's name the size of the explosion stumped me. The rest I knew instantly. A favorite episode.
MichaelPowers 5 months ago
The remastered visual effects for this awesome episode are stunning!
That’s what makes The Doomsday Machine one of my favorite Star Trek episodes.
johnnypatio 5 months ago
7 out of 12 ? This was just on I didn’t pay that close attention I guess
Runeshaper 5 months ago
6/12 - I didn’t remember a lot lol
AllisonWunderland 5 months ago
6/12...😂 Guesses on every single question. Not too shabby 😉
Load previous comments
Boy oh boy. If it's not one thing it's another. No hide nor tail of you both. It was fun last night. Took like 45 min or more to guess it plus we had some laughs during and after. I did not hear a peep from you two
Well dang! It's hard for us to stay up that late....we usually go to bed around 9:00 or so 😴 And it shows 😉😆
It's Friday night, Friday night. Okay I understand you get tired. I am heading out for a big breakfast. Hot cakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage plus coffee. Hagd you and Mags
Enjoy your breakfast ☕️🍳🥞🥔......😉
Barry22 5 months ago
6/12, some tough questions. A really good episode of Star Trek, even though the Doomsday machine looks like a giant worm or slug. They should have poured salt on it.
CaptainDunsel Barry22 5 months ago
In the original episode, it was literally a windsock dipped in cement.
Randall 5 months ago
10 out of 12, my third favorite episode after BALANCE OF TERROR and THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER Will Windom was simply one of the best character actors of TVs golden age.
trogg888 Randall 5 months ago
i wouldnt consider william windom strictly a character actor,he had starring roles in several series
Snickers Randall 4 months ago
Really liked " The Doomsday Machine" and" Balance of Terror" but would put " Amok Time" ahead of " City on the edge of Forever".
Peter_Falk_Fan 5 months ago
When I watched this Saturday I didn't know there would be a quiz on this or I would have taken notes. lol Anyway, 8/12. Always liked William Windom. Very versatile actor. Plus, he was a chess enthusiast, like me.
Did you ever see him in "My World, And Welcome To It"? Series based on the life and work of James Thurber.
I vaguely remember it. I've seen him guest star on a lot of my favorite shows, like Columbo, Mission Impossible, and The Invaders, but my favorite one is Night Gallery's "They're Tearing Down Tim Riley's Bar"
Of course there's always what may be his longest running part, Dr. Seth Hazlitt on "Murder She Wrote".
Barry22 CaptainDunsel 5 months ago
That show aired when I was in 7th grade, and my English teacher had us watch the show every week and we would discuss it the next day. ( it aired on Mondays just before Laugh -In). Funny how I remember that.

I wish some channel would re-run that because I'm a Henry Morgan fan.
LittleMissNoName 5 months ago
6 out of 12. Should of been paying more attention.
DerekBird 5 months ago
You got 10 out of 12
You deserve a heroic zoom-in. Great job!
Missed #7 and #12.
SideWalk 5 months ago
Many of these fan-made quizzes confuse minutia for trivia...
DerekBird SideWalk 5 months ago
That sounds like a trivial statement to me.
Kiyone57 5 months ago
I got 12 out of 12. Since this is my favorite episode of TOS any less would have been unacceptable.
MrsPhilHarris 5 months ago
2/12 🤸‍♀️
Moody MrsPhilHarris 5 months ago
Ouch! Maybe the next Friday movie quiz should be a Star Trek movie.
MrsPhilHarris Moody 5 months ago
😜 I would never get it!
Barry22 Moody 5 months ago
Yeah, like "on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was the first Star Trek movie?" The answer is 11.
AllisonWunderland Moody 5 months ago
I had the same response 🤷‍♀️😆
texasluva Moody 5 months ago
!!Wanted!! but preferred Alive
Those that wish to participate in the Weekly Movie Quiz.
Reward:
Conversation as to what this movie might be. Along with a music vid, Movie trailer and PC background pic.
Winners name in MeTV Lights
Just plain ole fun
Friday Night....Friday Night .....We all get together on Friday Night!
Whatcha gonna do when the Texster comes for you.....
Let's go to: Can you recognize these classic TV stars performing on The Ed Sullivan Show?
No later then 10:00 P.M CT (start time)
Bonus movie also provided (no guess needed)
SNL episode included.
SashaPayneDiaz Barry22 5 months ago
That would be "as graded on the Spinal Tap Scale".