Can you recognize these classic TV stars performing on The Ed Sullivan Show?

They did everything from Broadway scenes to comedy routines!

Ed Sullivan really put the "variety" in variety show. He had world-famous singers, dancers, comedians, and even animal acts on his program.

Here are some of our favorite TV stars who stopped by The Ed Sullivan Show. Can you name them all?

Watch The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show on MeTV!

Starting March 21

Sundays at 9:30 PM

1. She performed a funny song on The Ed Sullivan Show.
  2. Can you recognize this future TV star?
  3. What about this future TV host?
  4. Which Nelson brother is this?
  5. She performed a song from 'The Sound of Music' on the show. It's...
  6. This crooner also guest starred all over '60s TV.
  7. This sitcom star told a funny story on the Ed Sullivan stage.
  8. Which future Monkee performed in a scene from Oliver on the show?
  9. Do you recognize this future Star Trek actor?
  10. This comedian performed on Ed Sullivan multiple times.
  11. This sitcom star did standup comedy on the show.
  12. This comedy duo eventually got their own show.

Can you recognize these classic TV stars performing on The Ed Sullivan Show?

JeffPaul76 4 days ago
''You got 11 out of 12'' Did you get them all right or were you distracted by the intense Shatner stare? I got # 10 wrong because I said it was Nipsey Russell when it was really Flip Wilson. I clicked too fast.
Dajj 24 days ago
12/12 too easy!! What great performers Ed had! I still remember waiting and then watching the first Beatles performance, with the family.!
JC 24 days ago
You got 11 out of 12
Did you get them all right or were you distracted by the intense Shatner stare?

booster 28 days ago
11/12 Missed Florence Henderson. I thought it was Julie Andrews.
txgirl4919 29 days ago
Got them all right 👍👍👍
JillWhitman 30 days ago
I can't believe I missed one, shame on me...
grandpa5741 1 month ago
12/12 finally a perfect score 👍
texasluva 1 month ago
Do Sponges think? Maybe but MrsPhilHarris sure does by getting our Movie Quiz correct. Congrats MPH for letting us all gather in this awesome movie.

Inherit The Wind (1960) 2 hr 8 min
Director: Stanley Kramer
Cast:
Spencer Tracy
Fredric March
Gene Kelly
Dick York
Harry Morgan
Claude Akins
Donna Anderson

"Give me that old time religion" Movie below Inherit The Wind. Note" If "cc" comes on screen you can click to deleate it. Video quality Superb.

Note: click inward arrows bottom right for full screen. Plays on all devices along with Chromecast to TV wireless.

So. Who were your favorites on Disco? Mens side was Canada, Japan and Hong Kong. Women Denmark, Denmark and Denmark (whew). Nice to be Alive!!!!!

Load previous comments
texasluva lynngdance 25 days ago
!!Wanted!! but preferred Alive
Those that wish to participate in the Weekly Movie Quiz.
Reward:
Conversation as to what this movie might be. Along with a music vid, Movie trailer and PC background pic.
Winners name in MeTV Lights
Just plain ole fun
Friday Night....Friday Night .....We all get together on Friday Night!
Let's go to: Can you complete these famous Bugs Bunny lines?
No later then 10:00 P.M CT (start time)
Bonus movie also provided (no guess needed) Requested blockbuster tonight.
lynngdance texasluva 25 days ago
Okie dokie 😄
lynngdance texasluva 25 days ago
Hmm...I wonder what that requested blockbuster is 🤔... LOL
texasluva lynngdance 25 days ago
If only one knew
a. Some like it Not
b. Gidget goes Jamaican
c. McLintduck
d. Entirely something else real
texasluva 1 month ago
Friday Night Movie Quiz

They say that the Human Species never fails to surprise one. This iconic movie stands as one of them. From the past of great movies, actors and sensational non-fictional re-creation of an important events comes this Block-Buster with a cast of giants. Once this gets a going you are in it for the duration. No matter your thoughts, ideas you may own. This will go down in your memory as one of the best showings thanks to those who performed this exceptional cinema. You will laugh, scream and carry on while these characters go toe to toe with one another. You will see humans and what they believed in do some inane things as this movie draws down to a close. No matter such Idiotism of those involved they do it well. Who will blink, who will satisfy those in attendance. Most likely both will get their ovations for one reason or another. So mark this down as a movie not to be missed. Even after the half dozen times you've seen it. Those in front of the camera have played in so many great movies and TV Shows of the past. Director one of the best ever.

Besides a bonus movie I will be doing at random a SNL show in which I have hundreds. I will start with one from the first year 1975. If you would like them in order from the start I can do that also.

The Truth About Mother - Psycho (11/12) Movie CLIP (1960) HD.

Born----Born---- Born to be alive-World Disco Championships 1979.

Dom Deluise's Egg Trick Does Not Go As Planned - Carson Tonight Show - 09/26/1974.

Johnny Angel Shelley Fabares.

Your bonus movie today is none other then Sherlock Holmes. It is one of my favorites. Full of excitement, laughs, crime, unusual circumstances with great back ground music. 7.6 IMDb.
Sherlock Holmes (2009) 2 hr 8 min

Robert Downey Jr
Jude Law
Rachel McAdams
Mark Strong

SNL S01 E06-Lily Tomlin/Howard Shore & the All Nurse Band. Live from New York, it's... Sketches include "Gerald Ford Addresses the Nation," "Beethoven Sings My Girl," Jaws III, "Edith Ann On Ice," "Spud Beer," "How To Harass Men," "Beethoven's Second," "The Clumsy Bellhop and the Interracial Couple," "Suzy Forgives Patty Hearst," "Beethoven as Ray Charles," and "Skred In Love" (Muppets). Jaws III is pretty funny along with the rest of the show.

Load previous comments
lynngdance texasluva 30 days ago
I think my internet messed up last Friday so I didn’t see your last two comments, but I’m seeing them now (I think I forgot what we were talking about 😆) but anyways, so your posting Cleopatra on your quiz next Friday? Awesome! (The reason I sound confused is, at the time if didn’t know if you were posting on this quiz or the next. 😆 anyways I’m caught up now 😄)
texasluva lynngdance 30 days ago
No problem. Yes I am posting Cleopatra. You may have to click arrow twice and wait 20 seconds or so then it should play. I just tested it on my Tablet (which is not the fasted in the world). It played and was in at least HD. Plays on my PC and If I want I can Chromecast to TV just fine. I am keeping fingers crossed because the person whom uploaded it has posted like 300+ totally awesome movies. When the web site finds out (there are millions on it so who knows when) they might delete his uploads. There is no penalty for watching or saving it to your favorites on site. I have so many movies it is beyond belief. I am happy to share with MeTV posters. That is why sometimes you see the movie in some type of code name. The quiz movie will be another monster in the 8.0 range of IMDb. My lips are sealed though on that one
texasluva lynngdance 30 days ago
Yes. Because I was so busy answering others I did not get back to your question of funny and serious so I posted it much later. So when you read it probably days later and what is that boy talking bout . I try to get to everyone's questions and answers but a few slip by. It's the fast and the furious and sometimes I am LMAO and that slows me down . See ya Friday
!!Wanted!! but preferred Alive
Those that wish to participate in the Weekly Movie Quiz.
Reward:
Winners name in MeTV Lights
Just plain ole fun
Friday Night....Friday Night .....We all get together on Friday Night!
Let's go to: Can you complete these famous Bugs Bunny lines?
No later then 10:00 P.M CT (start time)
Bonus movie also provided (no guess needed) Requested blockbuster tonight.
CRTRAVIS 1 month ago