These TV stars all won Emmy Awards — but for which role?

Some actors won accolades playing characters other than their most famous roles

Images: The Everett Collection

An actor’s most popular role isn’t always their most critically acclaimed— or most awarded. Sometimes a show goes underappreciated when it first premieres and isn’t recognized for its brilliance until years later. On the other hand, some series debut to rave reviews but then are forgotten about.

Here are some award-winning actors along with a few different characters they played on TV. Can you guess which role won them a gold statue?

1. Don Knotts won multiple Emmys for playing which character?
  2. Dick Van Dyke won a few Emmys as which character?
  3. Ellen Corby received an Emmy for playing...
  4. Which role did Harry Morgan win his Emmy for?
  5. Henry Winkler won an Emmy for which role?
  6. Barbara Stanwyck was nominated for four Oscars along with winning an Emmy playing...
  7. Vicki Lawrence won her Emmy for which show?
  8. Raymond Burr was awarded at the Emmys for playing which character?
  9. Which role got James Garner his Emmy?
  10. Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy for playing..
  11. Which role did Dennis Weaver win an Emmy for?
  12. William Shatner won an Emmy playing which character?
  13. Ann B. Davis won two Emmys playing...
  14. Lucille Ball took home a statue on more than one of her shows but which character brought her the most Emmys?

These TV stars all won Emmy Awards — but for which role?

Sven24 8 days ago
6/14 I just wanted to see which actors won emmys did not know that Barney won one
TSeym22 16 days ago
8/14 I couple of times I second-guessed myself and didn't just go with the obvious.
LH 17 days ago
8-14 I just picked the show that I’ve seen the person in the most…
hrcopter 18 days ago
I didn’t realize Alice was in anything prior to The Brady Bunch. 🤷🏼‍♂️
jtrain 20 days ago
11/14 got ##5,12,and #14 wrong!
Oldielover 20 days ago
10/14...Not too bad....Good quiz to keep you on your toes!
Mob39 21 days ago
You got 8 out of 14. I tanked on this one! 😬
Lantern 22 days ago
Speaking of Lucille Ball, has anyone with Sirius XM Radio been listening to those celebrity interview programs she did on CBS Radio in the 60's? I'm one of your Lucy superfans but had never heard of these interviews until one of the comedy channels on Sirius began running them earlier this month. Evidently they were never repeated after their original broadcasts in 1964-65. Now they're being called early "podcasts" and are accessible through the Sirius app (I have no connection to Sirius BTW).
PilotTom 22 days ago
Did not do good on this one , 9 out of 14 . Speaking of Don Knotts our OTA MeTv station "WFOXDT2HD" channel 30.2 in Northeast Florida refuses to air two great TV shows , Andy and Green Acres . They will not answer emails as why they will not !
STukebird1024 PilotTom 22 days ago
If it is SO important to you then why don't you call them??!!??
PilotTom STukebird1024 21 days ago
Thanks for the reply . They have never answered except one time and when they did , I got put on hold until my batteries went dead in my phone . It is not SO important to me but it would be nice if they showed the TV shows they advertise all the time on there channel and the rest of the USA are watching . Thanks , Tom
LoveMETV22 PilotTom 20 days ago
Hi Tom, I had left a comment a short while back, "your efforts are admirable", My area pre-empts several shows that supposedly the majority of other MeTV affiliates are showing at that time. Each area is a local affiliate and as local they are allowed to pre-empt a certain amount of programming for their individual station needs. It's not just your area and the two shows you are missing .It's other areas as well, and different programs. I am pasting a comment of someone I chat with frequently and a link to follow that says pretty much the same thing:
" There are MeTV affiliates that have news and other things going on and some miss out on certain shows" The link below is the list of the MeTV U.S Affiliates by state I believe your station is on it:

PilotTom LoveMETV22 20 days ago
Thank you very much for your reply . I am sorry if I did not see your past comments because I just figured out how to check back replies . Thank you for the link and information , I am going to follow the link you sent in a few minutes . Thanks , Tom