Which classic cartoon came first?

Do you remember when your favorite hit the airwaves?

Cartoons have been a TV favorite since the late 1950s but they really took off in the '60s and '70s. Do you remember when all your favorite cartoons started?

Take this quiz and put your television animation knowledge to the test!

Watch The Flintstones on MeTV!

Weeknights at 6 PM
Sundays at 10 AM & 10PM

1. Which of these two Hanna-Barbera classics came first?
  2. Which one of these cartoons started first?
  3. Did The Alvin Show beat The New Casper Cartoon Show to the airwaves?
  4. Whose show started first - 'Popeye the Sailor' or 'The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends'?
  5. Which of these shows started first?
  6. Was 'The Jetsons' on TV before 'Jonny Quest'?
  7. Which of these two iconic comedy duos were animated first?
  8. Which superhero cartoon came first?
  9. Which one of these groovy late '60s cartoons started before the other?
  10. Both these shows starred animals but which came first?
  11. Which one of these wacky dog cartoons aired first?
  12. Both of these had more famous live-action counterparts but which cartoon came first?
  13. Which one of these rockin' early '70s cartoons started first?
  14. Which of these 1980s bear cartoons came first?
  15. Which of these '80s action cartoons was first to air?

Which classic cartoon came first?

RedSamRackham 12 days ago
Syndicated POPEYE cartoons aired before Rocky & Bullwinkle! Yogi Bear cartoons aired in late 1950's before The Flintstones! ☺
idkwut2use 13 days ago
12. Actually that was on a retake; my first score stunk because I’m horrible with dates/years/numbers and a 90s kid to boot. I wouldn’t really know which came first...I’ve just always preferred animation to live-action and so loooove cartoons. The Berenstain Bears—omg, the best here!! +D I have tons of the wonderful books and adore the cartoons and holiday specials. (And yes, it is and always has been “stain,” of course!)
LittleMissNoName 13 days ago
It's Berenstein Bears! I have the books stored up in grammy's attic to prove it.
And they all say Berenstain, just like all of mine and every other copy ever. ;-p
AlanGuynes 13 days ago
6/15......in my defense I haven't watched a cartoon in 40 years.
TheDavBow3 13 days ago
9/15 for me. I forgot about a lot of those cartoons. Fun times!
texasluva 13 days ago
10 out of 15. They got me on Popeye because I knew the old Popeye was like in the 1930s-1940s over 100 episodes. I guess the one they had was the newer one. I guessed on some I have never seen. I do like the older cartoons better then ones today.
texasluva texasluva 13 days ago
This is my favorite Popeye cartoon ever. It does not get any better then this. POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN: Meets Sindbad the Sailor (1936).
12 for 15. The Popeye query, like many of the questions in the quizzes, was poorly written,
probably because the person writing it was not aware of the 1930's version.
Stoney 13 days ago
9 out of 15. A little confused, I guess lol
DerekBird 13 days ago
You got 10 out of 15
Did you solve it or were you a little confused?
shadejeffersonford59 14 days ago
Brought back memories of the 60s. I only missed one.
DIGGER1 14 days ago
Which classic cartoon came first?
You got 13 out of 15
Did you solve it or were you a little confused?
Banger 14 days ago
I got 7 right but I was pretty young at the time and now, I'm too old to remember.
Andrea 14 days ago
11 out of 15...Not Good. Oh Well.
cperrynaples 14 days ago
12/15 and comments! [1] I believe Yogi Bear was first seen on Huckleberry Hound, which predated The Flintstones! [2] For 3, it should be noted that Casper cartoons were produced for theaters before 1961! This is also true for Mr. Magoo, Popeye, and The Pink Panther! [3] Finally, for 13, a more appro match up would have been The Jackson 5 vs. The Osmonds, which would be won by The Jacksons!
The Casper cartoons on this show were new made for tv ones. The theatrical ones were part of Paramount/Famous' Modern Madcaps series.
Yogi was first seen as a segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show. He got so popular, he got his own show in 1961.
The Mr. Magoo show featured new made of tv cartoons and so did Popeye. The Pink Panther Show featured theatrical cartoons starring him and other characters created by DePatie-Freleng.
All correct. and The Osmonds was a knockoff of The Jackson 5! Play "One Bad Apple" and see how many people think it's Michael Jackson instead of Donny Osmond!
daDoctah cperrynaples 13 days ago
The difference was that the Osmonds had records on the charts before the Jacksons.
When that record became a hit, many thought it was by the Jackson 5. There's a writing credit on the 45 which says "(Jackson)."
teire 14 days ago
11/15. Had a crush on Jonny Quest.
Josie92 teire 14 days ago