Are these real TV show sequels or did we just make them up?

The New Who? What Show Today?

Some classic shows are so nice, studios visit them twice.

Here, we've compiled a list of some of the best classic TV sequels, then mixed in some completely made-up titles to see if we can trick you into believing they really did revive these cherished shows.

Think you know a true sequel when you see one? Let's find out!
  1. The New Perry Mason
  2. The New Dick Van Dyke Show
  3. AfterMASH
  4. The Brady Bunch Today
  5. The Munsters Today
  6. The New Leave It to Beaver
  7. The New Taxi
  8. The New Andy Griffith Show
  9. The New Odd Couple
  10. New Monkees
  11. My Three Sons Today
  12. The New WKRP in Cincinnati
  13. The Addams Family Today
  14. The New Gidget
Are these real TV show sequels or did we just make them up?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
STTOS 1 month ago
You got 13 out of 14 - Impressive reasoning skills! Missed #12 and I am bummed because I wanted to say it was real but couldn't get my fingers to agree with my mind.
Tresix 2 months ago
13/14. Missed the Addams Family one. I thought that was real or was it just a TV movie?
STTOS 2 months ago
You got 13 out of 14 - Impressive reasoning skills! Missed #12. I don't remember the new WKRP.
Tresix STTOS 2 months ago
I think Andy was the only returning character on it. I also remember Tawny Kitaen being part of it.
cperrynaples Tresix 2 months ago
Actually, neither Andy or Bailey ever appeared! Arthur, Les and Herb were in every "new" episode, Johnny came back in the middle of the first season, and Jennifer and Venus made guest appearances! Tawny Kitaen was indeed in it, as was French Stewart as a sorta younger Johnny clone!
Tresix cperrynaples 1 month ago
Really? I thought Herb only did one episode, but, then again, I didn't watch too many episodes of the "New" series.
Pacificsun 2 months ago
Hello, the '80's are calling. Didn't anybody have an original idea??
JeffTanner 2 months ago
''You got 8 out of 14'' ---------------Did you Monkee around and miss a few? You must be new here... --Hardly! I've been with you, (MeTV) for a very long time.
Barry22 2 months ago
12/14, wasn't there a TV remake of The Addams Family?
Jeremy Barry22 1 month ago
Well, there was a Saturday morning cartoon of it but it was based on the film starring Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston.
EricFuller 2 months ago
Any show that has "new" in the title is bound to fail with the exception of "The Price Is Right" which dropped "new" the next season.
They also probably dropped it, because after the first season, it was no longer considered "new."