Are these TV characters named Jim or Joe?

Prove you're no average Joe.

Jim and Joe are two of the most common boys names of all time, but do you think you can separate every Jim from every Joe you ever watched on TV?

We're about to find out ...
  1. On Bonanza, he was the baby brother. Is his name Jim or Joe?
  2. He was the original captain on Star Trek. Is his name Jim or Joe?
  3. On Dragnet, he was the star detective. Is his name Jim or Joe?
    Image: NBCUniversal Television Distribution
  4. How about the star detective on Mannix? Is his name Jim or Joe?
  5. On The Rockford Files, we met this private investigator. Is his name Jim or Joe?
    Image: NBCUniversal Television Distribution
  6. On Taxi, Christopher Lloyd joined the cast as an offbeat reverend. Is his name Jim or Joe?
  7. On The Office, this character fell in love with the secretary Pam. Is his name Jim or Joe?
    Image: NBCUniversal Television Distribution
  8. On Friends, this guy was a struggling actor. Is his name Jim or Joe?
    Image: Warner Bros. Television Distribution
  9. On Petticoat Junction, Edgar Buchanan played this beloved uncle. Is his name Jim or Joe?
  10. On The Wild Wild West, this secret agent had a ton of unique gadgets. Is his name Jim or Joe?
Are these TV characters named Jim or Joe?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
TomTerrrific 3 months ago
Ha-ha-ha, Booster! I've never watched The Office either, but I guessed luckier than you did! 10/10!
Geronimo TomTerrrific 2 months ago
I never watched The Office either, but I got it right
booster 3 months ago
9/10 Never watched "The Office".
Barry22 3 months ago
10/10, By Jimminy, I joes the answers!
Kirsten 3 months ago
ARE THESE TV CHARACTERS NAMED JIM OR JOE?

You got 10 out of 10
You really know your Jims and Joes!
MrsPhilHarris 3 months ago
10/10 Had to guess The Office. Only watched the British version.
M 3 months ago
9 0UT 10 I NEVER WATCHED THE OFFICE SHOW
Jeff 3 months ago
Got all 10, but I had to guess at the last one. Never could get into Wild Wild West.
CaptainDunsel 3 months ago
You got 10 out of 10
You really know your Jims and Joes!

Now to sit down with a nice hot cup of Jim. Wait?! WHAT?!?!?
ETristanBooth 3 months ago
8/10. Didn't watch Mannix or The Office.
JeffTanner 3 months ago
You got 9 out of 10----------------You really know your Jims and Joes! Got #7 wrong because I never watched The Office, so I didn't know that one.
ndebrabant 3 months ago

You got 10 out of 10
You really know your Jims and Joes!
cperrynaples 3 months ago
10/10! A few footnotes: 2 was really a James, only Bones could call him Jim damnit! Secondly, anyone see the photo of Robert Conrad falling out of a wheelchair? KInda sad!
Spock called him Jim on occasion.
...only Bones could call him Jim..." Actually, Spock called him Jim on more than one occasion. (Most notably at the end of "Amok Time".)
Also called Jim by Scotty (Mirror, Mirror), Commodore Jose Mendez (The Menagerie), Portmaster Stone, & Areel Shaw (Court Martial), Aurelan Kirk (Operation - Annihilate), Commodore Decker (The Doomsday Machine), Captain Tracey (The Omega Glory), Merik (Bread and Circuses). At least those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. In fact, one of the few people who ever actually called him "James" was Abraham Lincoln (The Savage Curtain).
OK, you made your point! Here's my reasoning: Kirk was an authority figure, so the crew had to show him respect. Bones was a BFF and Spock had a stick up his Vulcan...well, you get my point!
If you mean that very few people called him by his first name, you're absolutely correct. And all those who did were in co-equal or superior positions. But to those who did, he was Jim. (One interesting thing to consider, though. "Abraham Lincoln" was [*50+ year old spoiler alert!*] a simulation constructed from Kirk's own thoughts. So you could argue that his calling Kirk "James" - along with Kirk always introducing himself as "James T. Kirk" - certainly indicates *he* thought of himself as James and not "Jim".)
Yeah - I'm a real Trek Nerd! LLAP
Yeah, we all knew Lincoln was never really on the Enterprise, but that was still a great performance by an actor who I believe went on to classic Dynasty!
anthony 3 months ago
10/10.💃💃💃💃 pretty easy but I'll take it.Havn't got perfect score in a while.
teire 3 months ago
10/10. I do know my Jims and Joes. And Joeys.