Can you hatch the perfect plan to take on this Hogan's Heroes quiz?

Put your Hogan's Heroes trivia knowledge to the test!

Image: The Everett Collection

Thanks to MeTV fan Christopher Seeley from Killeen, Texas, for submitting this quiz! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

The classic show Hogan's Heroes had one of the more unique premises for a sitcom. Instead of the typical family setup, it took place in a POW camp during WWII. The laughs came from our heroes foiling the enemy's plans any way they could.

How much do you know about this distinct series? Whether by clever tactics, superior knowledge, or pure luck — try to make it through this fan-made quiz!

Watch Hogan's Heroes on MeTV!

Weeknights at 10 PM & 10:30 PM

1. When did Hogan's Heroes first premiere?
  2. Fräulein Helga was played by which actor?
  3. In the first episode ("The Informer"), how did Colonel Hogan and his men deal with the German Spy placed in their midst?
  4. In "The Missing Klink" Major Hochstetter reveals he is what?
  5. Colonel Klink is always bragging about what?
  6. Where did Staff Sergeant Kinchloe work before the war?
  7. Which of Corporal LeBeau's culinary delights was Sergeant Schultz's absolute favorite?
  8. In "How to Cook a German Goose by Radar" Corporal Newkirk showed off which skill?
  9. In "The Top-Secret Top Coat" Fräulein Hilda admitted which fact?
  10. Which of the following was Colonel Crittendon's first appearance?
  11. Which of the following was Technical Sergeant Carter's specialty?
  12. In "Bombsight" what does General Burkhalter suffer from?
  13. In "Look at the Pretty Snowflakes" which musical instrument does Sergeant Baker play?
  14. What was Fräu Gertrude Linkmeyer's first husband's first name?
  15. Who played the Russian Spy Marya?
  16. In "The General Swap" General Barton accuses Colonel Hogan of what?
  17. In "Hold That Tiger" Colonel Hogan and his Heroes attempt to acquire an improved model of a German Tiger Tank but they encounter a different "Tiger" — an underground agent played by whom?
  18. Colonel Hogan was in command of which outfit prior to becoming a POW?
  19. Who was Oscar Schnitzer?
  20. When did Hogan's Heroes' final episode "Rockets or Romance" air?

Can you hatch the perfect plan to take on this Hogan's Heroes quiz?

Snickers 11 days ago
17 out of 20. A little to quick with the mouse on # 11.
CaptainDunsel 24 days ago
Stammlager XIII-C (or Stalag 13) was an actual POW camp near Hammelburg Germany during WWII, housing some 30k prisoners. The same site had been a WWI POW camp as well.
General George S. Patton's son in law was among the prisoners held tgere in 1945.
CaptainDunsel 24 days ago
10/20
What a half-@$$€Ω score that is!
AnnaRentzVandenhazel 28 days ago
Who is "Colonel Burkhalter"? I only recall seeing General Burkhalter. :D
In "The Informer" Burkhalter was a Colonel.
logicgrrl 28 days ago
My dad was captured by the Nazis and had a horrendous stay as a POW, yet Hogan's Heroes was one of his favorite shows.

Weird fact: Dad told me back when Hogan's Heroes was originally broadcast that the actors who played Nazis (Klink, Schultz, Burkhalter, Hockstetter) were all Jewish and that the actor that played LeBeau (Robert Clary) was a survivor of Auschwitz. I have no idea how he knew this, as it was WAY pre-internet.
cseeley90 logicgrrl 27 days ago
Robert Clary talks about his experiences at speaking engagements so that people will understand what monsters the Nazis were and the horrors created by them.
John Banner (Schultz) was 180 pounds when he first came to the US, adding 100 pounds to become the man we all know. What a nice surprise when I saw him in the movie "36 Hours". How sad that he died on his 63rd birthday (1973). He is my favorite on "Hogan's Heroes".
MikefromJersey 30 days ago
13 for 20. Arlene Martel, the woman of a thousand faces. She could appear on a series one week
and in a different role the next and no one would recognize her. She was stunning on Banacek in
a harem outfit and rocked as a beatnik chick on Perry Mason.
StrayCat MikefromJersey 29 days ago
Martel wasn't bad as a Vulcan either.
Snickers StrayCat 11 days ago
On what Star Trek series was Martel a Vulcan?
MikefromJersey Snickers 11 days ago
Martel played Spock's betrothed, though she loved another Vulcan. If you look up her resume
you would be surprised by how many roles she performed. And it's true, you could see her on
Hogan's Heroes at 10 pm on MeTV and not recognize her at 11:30 on Perry Mason. Because she
was so versatile she got a lot of gigs but by the same token her shot at big stardom was hampered because of that.
StrayCat Snickers 1 day ago
Star Trek TOS. Specifically, season 2 episode 1 - "Amok Time"
Snickers StrayCat 15 hours ago
Thank you, did not realize it was her.
Snickers MikefromJersey 15 hours ago
Thanks for the info, now that I really look at her your right.
Marcio 30 days ago
I and my four brothers grew up watching Hogan's Heroes in late sixties early seventies. Those years were the best of all. I will always remind them with a smile.
Mob39 1 month ago
🤣🤣🤣 You got 3 out of 20. Not one of my favorite shows, and boy, did I tank this! 🤣🤣🤣
Marshall_Kolchak 1 month ago
6/20 The only ones i knew for sure were Nita Talbot and Arlene Martel... All the rest were guesses, not even good ones.
TTV 1 month ago
15/20. Just woke up. No coffee yet. Hogan's Heroes is one of my favorite. When will Get Smart be added to the line up. That's number One...
cseeley90 TTV 1 month ago
The old plant an idea in the head trick Chief! Very clever!
MikefromJersey TTV 30 days ago
There is a Get Smart episode where they borrowed the Stalag 13 set. KAOS had set up a
prison camp in the New Jersey outback and Max was a prisoner. It's been so long since
I saw the episode that I don't recall if it was a Great Escape or Hogans Heroes take off.
Get Smart must have done a score of such shows, I Spy, Run For Your Life, Prisoner of
Zenda, etc.
Snickers MikefromJersey 11 days ago
I wish they would show Get Smart, loved the Chief, Max and 99. Zigfried has to be my favorite villian from the show.
MikefromJersey Snickers 11 days ago
Decades runs Get Smart every night at 1:30. Decades has outstanding taste when it comes to
TV. Starting at 10 pm they run Dick Van Dyke, Cheers, Taxi, Bob Newhart, Honeymooners, Get Smart, Bilko, Car 54 and Dobie Gillis, possibly the finest sitcom line up ever. Some of you
"My Mother the Car" and "Camp Runamuck" fans will disagree but it's all subjective.
Snickers MikefromJersey 15 hours ago
We don't get Decades offered here sadly.
TheDavBow3 1 month ago
I thought I'd give it a try. 10/20.
MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
10/20 That’s about as good as I thought I would do.
justjeff 1 month ago
5 out of 20---a totally disasterous guessing game on my part. Evidently, I know NOTHING... NOTHING!
Sway 1 month ago
13/20 Does Hogan make out with every attractive female on the show?
cseeley90 Sway 1 month ago
Just about.
texasluva 1 month ago
8 out of 20. Down deep into the abyss and trying to clamber out, HOGAN!
Corey 1 month ago
Arlene Martel was Spock's fiancee on Star Trek Amok Time.
justjeff Corey 1 month ago
Arlene Martel was also the frightening nurse/stewardess in the Twilight Zone episode "Twenty-Two" under her birth name of Arlene Sax.