Can you match these adorable dogs to the correct 1950s TV show?

Who's a good boy?

Image: The Everett Collection

Hopefully this quiz is not too ruff. We have wrangled ten cute pooches from 1950s television. All you have to do is match them to the correct owners. Don't worry — we won't make you sit up and beg to enjoy this treat. Have fun!
  1. This iconic TV dog made her TV debut in 1954.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  2. This here is Fremont. He was the neighbor's dog on which family sitcom?
  3. Coco here first showed up in an episode called "The Monster" on which family sitcom?
  4. This pooch stole the show on a 1957 series adapted from a popular crime novel and film series.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  5. Bullet was there to help out his cowboy friend. Which cowboy friend?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  6. The men of this family are feeding a dog for a Kel-L Ration promo after the episode.
  7. Windy the dog could be seen on which children's show?
  8. Perhaps you recognize the fellow holding this dog?
  9. Jasper here was a good boy. Where could you watch Jasper?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  10. Finally, this supernatural sitcom featured a St. Bernard named Neil.
    Image: The Everett Collection
Can you match these adorable dogs to the correct 1950s TV show?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
SheilaMalone 3 days ago
Having watched them all the only one I missed was Blondie because my parents liked the show but it did not interest me. How was I to know that 60 some odd years later I would take a quiz on a show my parents watched every week while I was playing with toys on the floor.
Geronimo 4 days ago
A couple of shows I didn't recognize
8/10
Lacey 6 days ago
10/10 though I had to guess a couple of these.
Interestingly, if they tried to re-introduce #9 today it would be called "Baby Daddy."
CarrieMcCourt 9 days ago
9/10 Missed the Howdy Doody one. I saw the sailor cap and figured Captain Kangaroo
ETristanBooth 9 days ago
9/10. Missed #5. Didn't watch westerns.
MrBill 10 days ago
8/10; missed Howdy Doody and Blondie - those were a bit before my time.
Alanakt 10 days ago
A lot of these animal's I could easily guess because they showed the people with the dog, like lassie, ozzie and harriet, etc.
stephaniestavropoulos 10 days ago
Just noticed something: Question #2, says that is a photo of Fremont. Fremont was a Cairn Terrier, I googled it, and the photo I saw, to me doesn't resemble The Wilson's dog that METV claims to be showing. Does anybody else see this? Or is this just old age "doing its thing," causing me to see something that's not right?
Fremont was the name of the dog on the hart to hart show
CarrieMcCourt Alanakt 9 days ago
No, that was Freeway, named because they found him on the freeway and rescued him.
Barry22 11 days ago
Woof! 10/10, and guessed on a few. Never heard of Windy.
nerakr 11 days ago
8/10. Missed Blondie and Topper.
AndrewHass 11 days ago
I was 10/10 but on a couple i just guessed.
stephaniestavropoulos 12 days ago
10/10. Does this mean I get a doggie treat because I got all the answers right?
Lassie, as most of know, was a male, not a female.
Anybody know the name of the Bumstead's dog?
#6. Ricky, David & Ozzie were feeding the dog Ken-L-Ration, not Kel-L-Ration.
Daisy (Bumstead).
Alanakt teire 10 days ago
I knew the name of the dog, but couldn't remember it, if that makes any sense.
teire 12 days ago
10/10. The fellow holding the dog is Dagwood, but the show/movie series was Blondie.
SheriHeffner teire 4 days ago
In the movie versions Daisy was played by a boy dog, and Daisy did something that no male dog ever did, "She" really a he had five puppies in the movie Blondie's Blessed Event. This was when Blondie gave birth to Cookie. And didn't even look pregnant because I am guessing in the stupid days when this movie was made; which was 1942, they weren't allowed to show a pregnant woman.
cperrynaples 12 days ago
9/10! Never heard of Windy! Dennis' dog was Ruff of course! 4 was not the TV show [which was B&W] but from TV Guide!
Yes, Dennis' dog was named Ruff, but he only showed up in the comics. On the tv show, Ruff was "replaced" with the Wilson's Cairn Terrier, Fremont. So, on the show, Dennis never had a dog.
Question: Are you sure that photo of Asta is from TV GUIDE? Below the photo, it says its from the EVERETT COLLECTION.
Many TV Guide photos are in the Everett Collection, but it could have come from Life or one of many other magazines. I just guessed TV Guide because they did this sort of thing. In any event, the photo on top is from the Thin Man series!