Can you remember what these 1989 advertisements were selling?

Try to guess what these ads were pushing.

From Max Headroom to Spuds MacKenzie, from "Where's the beef?" to "Time to make the doughnuts," the Eighties had its fair share of memorable advertising.

We gathered some commercials and print ads from the last year of the decade, 1989. See if you can match the image to the correct product. Good luck!
  1. Everybody wanted to wear a colorful watch from this company.
  2. What kind of beverage was being sold in this memorable Super Bowl ad?
  3. What is being sold by this Joe?
  4. What brand dubbed itself "The Heartbeat of America"?
  5. This fast food chain was bragging about the tomatoes on its Cheeseburger Deluxe.
  6. What was being sold in this iconic print advertisement?
  7. What is Bob Uecker all dressed up to sell?
  8. What is being sold in this back cover advertisement?
  9. Michael J. Fox played tug of war with his clone for this cola.
  10. What kind of product is being sold here?
  11. What is being sold here?
  12. Eastpak pointed out the difference between "old wicked" and "new wicked." What were they selling?
  13. Finally, Belinda Carlisle was selling Brats. It was a shoe, not a sausage. Who made Brats?

Can you remember what these 1989 advertisements were selling?

Save with

STTOS 1 month ago
You got 10 out of 13-Impressive! If we didn't know better, we'd think you were working with two brains. Missed #5 (the name Cheeseburger Deluxe didn't sound familiar but I still thought it was McD since BK already used tomatoes), #8 (outsmarted myself. I thought it might have been the MM, but I didn't think MeTV would have 2 cigarette ads in the same quiz) and #11 (had no idea, never saw the movie). Not too bad I guess.
daDoctah 2 months ago
I've got a framed poster in my living room that spoofs the Maxell ad. There's a cat on top of the TV yawning at the guy in the chair, and the caption at the bottom reads "Tuna Breath".
LindaWilliams 2 months ago
You got 13 out of 13
Doom 2 months ago
13/13! It's 8am and now I want cigarettes and booze, thanks 1989! I had forgotten how prevalent cigarette ads were back then, no wonder I started smoking a year later. I remember saving "Camel Bucks" to trade in for stuff from Camel's brand catalog. At least you got "something" from them instead of just black-lung. Glad I kicked it. I still have their lava lamp.
anthony 2 months ago
10/13.Missed cheeseburger,Max what ever tapes,and vodka.
MrBill 2 months ago
7/13; tough quiz - had to guess on most of these.
AlF 2 months ago
PS: If you zoom in real close on Belinda (and who doesn't?), you can see the "LA Gear" brand on the heel of her shoe...
AlF 2 months ago
Maxwell? I think you mean Maxell...
WilliamLAllen 2 months ago
I also got 10 out of 13. The Maxell tapes where UDXL II (2)- me and my friends would wait till they went on sale at Sam Goody's and buy a box of 10 then split them. I still have a couple of my old party tapes kicking around.
MissTheOldDays 2 months ago
You got 10 out of 13
Tresix 2 months ago
12/13, I missed the hamburger question.