Can you tell the difference between the first and last episodes of My Three Sons?

The classic sitcom underwent many changes over its long twelve-year run.

In the very first episode of My Three Sons, the grandfather of the family tells a cosmetic salesman that he’s the closest thing to a “lady of the house” and to “come back when somebody is married.” Little did anyone know the sitcom would stay on the air long enough to see multiple sons grow up and tie the knot!

There were many other changes that took place during the show’s twelve years on the air. It switched networks, and from black and white to color in the process, and introduced not only a fourth son but also a daughter.

Here are ten statements about My Three Sons. Can you guess if each one pertains to the first episode or the last one?

Watch My Three Sons on MeTV!

Weekdays at 7:30 AM

1. This episode originally aired four days before the premiere of The Andy Griffith Show.
  2. In this episode, the Douglas family lives in California.
  3. This episode featured I Love Lucy’s William Frawley as Bub.
  4. The family dog, Tramp, does not appear in this episode.
  5. This episode mostly revolves around youngest son Ernie and his wayward classmate, Gordon.
  6. Patricia Barry, who played schoolteacher Adele Adams in The Rifleman, appeared in this episode.
  7. This episode showed Mr. Douglas’ office.
  8. This episode originally aired on ABC.
  9. This episode featured character actress Betty McMahon’s last credited role.
  10. Mr. Douglas is married in this episode.

practicaljokerfan 1 month ago
It seems like Happy Days And Gomer Pyle USMC and Green Acres and My Favorite Martian and The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet and The Andy Griffith Show are
NOT the only TV shows where Characters
Like Chuck Cunningham and Corporal
Chuck Boyle vanish with NO EXPLANATION.
Why.did Chips friend SUDSY Dissapear from
My 3 Sons with no explanation ??
Does anyone know SUDSY s Last Name
And the name of the child actor who
Played SUDSY??
Roy Stuart played Corporal Chuck Boyle
On Gomer Pyle USMC from 1965-1968 .
Tommy Leonetti played CPL Nick Cuccinelli
On Gomer Pyle USMC for season one
Only until Roy Stuart replaced Tommy Leonetti starting with season 2 .
Garry Marshall thought that.it was a
Big Joke when he wrote Chuck Cunningham
Out of Happy Days in 1975.
Gavan O'Herlihy and Randolph Roberts
Both played Chuck Cunningham on
Happy Days .
Does anyone know why Newt. Kiley
(Kay Kuter) dissapeared from Green Acres
And MOOSE BARRY GREENBERG and
Bag Zombroski Neil J Schwartz and
Eugene Belvin (Denis MANDEL) and
Melvin BELVIN Scott Bernstein ALL
VANISHED from Happy Days with no explanation. I also wonder why Junior Hocker (Russell Horton) and . Herbie Bates Don Washbrook vanished from Petticoat Junction and why Ginger (Charlene Salerno)
The girlfriend of Wally Plumstead Skip Young dissapeared from The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet and why Chester Anderson (Buddy Hart) and TOOEY Brown
(Tiger Fafara) dissapeared from Leave It To Beaver with no explanation and why
Sgt Whipple Buck Young dissapeared from
Gomer Pyle USMC and I wonder why
Spike(Danny Butch) was replaced by
CHACHI ARCOLA Scott Baio on
Happy Days.
Also Angela Brown played by Ann Marshall on My Favorite Martian
Dissapeared from that show after only 3 episodes. Angela Brown was the
Daughter of Mrs. Brown on My Favorite Martian.
Ricky Allen played Huey 'Sudsy' Pfeiffer in 39 episodes.
MrBill 1 month ago
8/10; missed #8 and #9 - I had no idea on those and guessed wrong.
LH 1 month ago
9/10 guessed at some of them!
Shatner1 1 month ago
Got 10/10--Harder then it looked!
vinman63 1 month ago
In my area they play Toon with me during the M3S time slot.
Susan00100 1 month ago
Good news, fans. The early episodes are now running on MeTV. We can enjoy the antics of Mike, Bub, and all the others in glorious B&W.
Plus--we can see the sponsor's products during the closing credits, LOL.
cperrynaples Susan00100 1 month ago
Billboards are on some later episodes, but the most visible were the Chevys from the early '60's!
TheDavBow3 Susan00100 1 month ago
By FAR the best episodes! Ernie and Uncle Charley do not come close to Mike and Bub. Then when Barbara and Dodie came along, the show was unwatchable to me.
LH TheDavBow3 1 month ago
I remember when Dodie came on the scene, none of us liked her
Wenatchee7 1 month ago
9/10 How did I miss the Tramp question ?
Shatner1 Wenatchee7 1 month ago
They ought to be ashamed not having Tramp on the final episode!!!!
cperrynaples Shatner1 1 month ago
Yep, and MeTV cuts these shows! The first show began with Tramp running but on MeTV it starts with Chip opening the door! YouTube has the complete version!
GeorgiaReadenour 1 month ago
9/10 love this show,epecially early episodes!!
GeorgiaReadenour 1 month ago
This comment has been removed.
Shatner1 BrentwoodJon 1 month ago
The early episodes (Mike episodes) are far superior!
Entwriter 1 month ago
I think it was terrible that they never invited Tim Considine back. Mike didn't even attend his own father's wedding, let alone his brothers' weddings.
Shatner1 Entwriter 1 month ago
Bad blood between Tim and Fred!
brigarzmetv123 1 month ago
Bring back you touched by an angel!!
Wendy57 1 month ago
8/10
Some lucky guessing on this one.
jtacina 1 month ago
This series should've finished and restarted a month ago. The reason why this happened a month after it should've is because the show was preempted for an ENTIRE month in May of 2020, all so select color episodes of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW could air.
jtacina 1 month ago
9/10 I missed #9, as I've never heard of Betty McMahon. As for DoubleNaughtSpy's comment, Fred MacMurray tried to get CBS to renew the show for a 13th season, but to no avail. Had there been a 13th season, the plan was for either Robbie to die or for him and Katie to get divorced. Perhaps Chip and Polly would've given birth as well.
MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
7/10 Thought I would have aced it. 🤨
DoubleNaughtSpy 1 month ago
10/10. FWIW, the last episode of My Three Sons was embarrassingly lame and painful to watch. Can't believe that this was really the way Fred MacMurray and Beverly Garland really wanted to go out.
I think a lot of shows reorganize their episodes after they are filmed to air the better ones during the sweeps and push their poorest ones to the end of the season. There are a lot of terrible final episodes of seasons. Seinfeld's almost unwatchable worst episode aired just before the finale.
That episode of Seinfeld is funny despite the Puetro Rico jokes! But yes we all know the worst Happy Days episodes ran AFTER the final episode!
Shatner1 cperrynaples 1 month ago
The worst Happy Days episodes ran after the 2nd season. As soon as they started filming in front of a live audience the show became unwatchable!!!!