Do you remember who sang the Top 10 songs of 1971?

There's not "One Bad Apple" in the bunch. Well, yes, there is.

Let's rewind the radio dial back half a century. These ten tunes were the most popular songs of the 1971. When Billboard tallied its top hits at the end of the year, here is how they ranked, from "Joy to the World" to "Knock Three Times."

Most of these songs remain staples today. Odds are, MeTV fans love all of them. Let's see if you can match an artist to the singles!

1. "Joy to the World"
  2. "Maggie May"
  3. "It's Too Late"
  4. "One Bad Apple"
  5. "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart"
  6. "Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)"
  7. "Go Away Little Girl"
  8. "Take Me Home, Country Roads"
  9. "Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)"
  10. "Knock Three Times"

Do you remember who sang the Top 10 songs of 1971?

CaroleThorpe 13 hours ago
You got 10 out of 10
Which tune is your favorite?
RobertK 3 days ago
10/10. I remembered all these songs playing on the "AM only" dial on my car radio back then. Wait!! Did I say "dial" as in radio dial, and dial a phone? Now I guess I really am a fossil...
Epsdel 5 days ago
8/10 not to bad for an 80s child
Randall 7 days ago
When I was about six years old, I was in children's church in front of the congregation when the pastor asked us who was Jeremiah ? My response , Jeremiah was a Bullfrog ! To this day I have never lived it down!
Daizy531 8 days ago
6/10 How do you mend a broken heart.. That song is so Beautiful
jwj 9 days ago
10/10 1971 that was a good year, the year I was born
FLETCH 9 days ago
7 out of 10, not bad considering i was only 2 yrs old in '71
Luvmypups 9 days ago
Ol' seventies guy, of course I nailed it! 10/10
Tresix 10 days ago
10/10. I thought “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart” came out in the Sixties.
Supercat58 11 days ago
Nine of ten- missed “Go Away Little Girl.” Could have sworn it was the Jackson Five.
sgruss Supercat58 11 days ago
My sentiments exactly. That’s the only one I missed too
MrBill 12 days ago
8/10; not too bad considering I was only in the early years of grade school at that time.
justjeff 12 days ago
Just happened to spot this on Wikipedia:

Lindsay recorded "Indian Reservation", a song written by John Loudermilk and made into a Hot 100 top 20 hit by Don Fardon years earlier. It was intended to be a solo recording for Lindsay, but for marketing purposes, the decision was made to release the song under the simple band name of "Raiders" with just Lindsay & Revere appearing on the track along with L.A. session players from the Wrecking Crew, and the song was retitled with a subtitle, "Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)". It reached #1 on the charts, which Paul Revere & the Raiders had never done."

So it seems that technically speaking, this was *not* a Paul Revere & the Raiders song, but a Lindsay solo effort, as only Revere and Lindsay are on the session...
justjeff 12 days ago
Wishing everyone in the MeTV Biosphere better days ahead. No matter your political leanings, race, religion or customs - we were all under assault yesterday, and I'm still kind of numb from it all.

Hang in there - America has survived worse than this, and we'll do so again. Peace and warm regards to all for better days ahead in 2021...
JDnHuntsvilleAL 13 days ago
#7 - "Go Away Little Girl", was actually Steve Lawrence.
That was the 50s. This is 1971. The correct answer was Donny Osmond.
wbyassee 13 days ago
8 out of 10. Missed #4 and #7. I was 17 at the time. I had my mind on Girls...
Inrodwetrust 13 days ago
9/10 missed #6 never heard of it.