Hey, hey, can you pick the missing lyrics from the Monkees theme song?

Here they come, BLANKING down the street…

If you're making a show about a rock 'n roll band, there had better be a rocking theme song. Good thing that The Monkees delivered one of the all-time greats!

Not only was "(Theme from) The Monkees" a catchy TV tune, it was a radio hit around the world. Micky Dolenz handled the lead vocals on both the full album track and the shortened television version. Because this is a challenge, we're going to pull lyrics from the whole shebang, as it opened the 1966 debut album The Monkees.

Good luck!
MeTV Music Listen Now MeTV Music Listen Now
  1. Here we come, ________ down the street
  2. We get the ________ looks, from ev'ry one we meet
  3. Hey, hey, we're the Monkees! And people say we ________ around!
  4. But we're too busy ________
  5. To ________ anybody down
  6. We don't have time to get ________
  7. There's always something to ________
  8. We're just tryin' to be _______
  9. Come and watch us _______ and _______
  10. We're the _______ generation
  11. Just look over _______ _______
  12. Guess who'll be _______ there
  13. You'll never know where we'll be ________
  14. So you'd better get ________
  15. We may be _______ _______ your town
Hey, hey, can you pick the missing lyrics from the Monkees theme song?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
JamesBest 22 days ago
I've watched every episode of The Monkees and listened to every song so it's no wonder I got a perfect score.
Sanjohn JamesBest 21 days ago
Me too but I missed two.
Geronimo 22 days ago
As much as I watch the Monkees, I should have been perfect.............14/15
UTZAAKE 23 days ago
12/15. Foiled by 2, 7 and 9.
MrBill 24 days ago
9/15; I've heard this song many times but I just do not do well with song lyrics.
Emma 24 days ago
13/15 I thought I would have a perfect score heard that song countless times 😎 so glad MeTV is going to be airing the show really enjoyed the 2 eps tribute to PeterπŸ’™πŸ’™ last weekπŸ’œ
tDennis 24 days ago
I heard that song 10,000 times and I still messed it up!
Barry22 24 days ago
12/15, didn't know it as well as I thought I did.
JesseDickison 24 days ago
14/15. But I still love the Monkees. Always have. Always will.
cperrynaples 24 days ago
13/15! Missed up the lyrics from the single, which is twice as long as the credits!
Load previous comments
Emma cperrynaples 24 days ago
I always thought it was found
15/15. I always heard it as "bound" also, so I went with the rhyme.
Sanjohn cperrynaples 21 days ago
I thought it was found.
I realize that you responded to this 9 days ago, but I only now came across it: You and a few other fans were having a heated debate about whether the word is "found or bound." It's neither. All you have to do, {which is obviously what I did;} is look up the lyrics. Neither of those words are in the lyrics. What Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart wrote were: "Hey, hey we're the Monkees. and people say we Monkey around. But we're too busy singing, to put anybody down."
MrsPhilHarris 24 days ago
12/15 I thought I would have got them all right.
RickReitz 24 days ago
Thanks MeTV for bringing back The Monkees. My son is a big fan of the band ... when he was 8 he created a video using various toys to recreate the opening sequence, which both Micky and Peter enjoyed and even showed to the audience during their 2015 tour. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out: https://youtu.be/k9Blonstzvs
MrsPhilHarris RickReitz 24 days ago
Fantastic! He did an excellent job with the Lego.
The link doesn't work, I suggest you go to You Tube and enter Lego Monkees!
Lego Monkees gets different videos, try Monkees My Toys! It's worth the effort!
Just viewed the Lego video. And like others have said, Dylan did a good job on it. Seeing as how it was downloaded 3 years ago, Dylan is probably 11 by now. Has anybody viewed the video that follows it? The video of Dylan opening up the package that he got for his birthday from Micky and Donna Dolenz? On of the items he got: a "dress" from Micky! In other words, he got a t shirt that came to his knees. {Which, if I understand correctly when the video was downloaded,} probably fits him better now!
Jeffrey 25 days ago
You got 12 out of 15 ---------You deserve a clap ---- and a tambourine! You rocked!
JLTitus72 25 days ago
Thank you MeTv for putting The Monkees on your network. I got 15 out of 15.