Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1978?

So many superheroes and super sitcoms!

Are you ready to groove back to 1978? Well, we have a remote control that happens to be a time machine, too. It's was the disco era — which meant seeing ABBA perform live. It was also an era of superheroes, much like today, with Wonder Woman and the big green guy. Space was hot, thanks to Star Wars. Charlie's Angels and Hawaii Five-O were fighting crime.

All of this sounds a lot like today, honestly.

So let's see what you would watch in this popular era of pop culture. How do your tastes compare to others?
  1. We begin on a Friday night. It's November 24, 8PM. There's a brand new sitcom, a superhero and singing siblings.
  2. We now jump to Friday at 9PM, only it's January 27. What'll it be?
  3. Saturday morning is the greatest morning of them all. What cartoon will you be watching at 9:30AM?
    Image: Warner Bros.
  4. We land on a Saturday in spring at 8PM. Pick something.
  5. Zoom! It's now November 18, still a Saturday, at 8PM. Which option do you fancy?
    Image: Warner Bros. Television
  6. Sunday night is for families. The holidays season is here. It's December 17. Will it be the story of flight… or flying in space?
  7. Back to work on Monday. But now it's 8PM and there is great TV to be seen.
  8. Here were are on a Tuesday, 8PM, on February 7. Which looks best to you?
  9. Hey, hey, it's Hump Day! Wednesday at 8PM, November 15, specifically. Tune in to one of these.
  10. Same exact evening, an hour later. Will you get up to change the channel at 9PM?
  11. Now it is Thursday at 8PM. You looking for laughs, warmth or eerie tales?
    Image: CBS Television Distribution
  12. We finish on a Thursday at 9PM. Choose a crime-solver — dramatic or comedic?

Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1978?

scwilson 12 months ago
I was a little kid then and remember the Super hero shows Wonder Woman and The Incredible Hulk. Happy Days and the Fonz appealed to a seven year old.
LarryMorrill 15 months ago
So quaint - we seldom had all three networks available at a given time. We had to use a motor to turn the antenna on our 40 ft tower to get a given staation.
Gary 15 months ago
Last question I wish I could give them one vote each!!! 5-0, Barney and Quincy tough vote!!
DerekBird 15 months ago
62% similar
62% similar to the most popular responses
Amalthea 15 months ago
I actually remember the TV movie "Bud and Lou". I watched it with my mother.
Runeshaper 26 months ago
82% similar
82% similar to the most popular responses
Amalthea 26 months ago
I actually remember my mother & I watching "Bud & Lou".
WILD 28 months ago
62% similar
62% similar to the most popular responses.
KatHat 35 months ago
I got 62%. Hmmm. not sure if these shows were really on at the same time, I remember watching so many of them and not having to make such a tough choice back then!
MichaelNivens KatHat 25 months ago
Hulk beats Rockford Files - gimme a break -Plus, I liked WKRP ,but I highly doubt It beats Little House-this must be skewed a little for MeTv , if not outright rigged
CruiseGirl4Life 35 months ago
68% I remember tuning into Mork & Mindy just to watch Robin Williams do the dance!
* But jumped the shark with the Mearth episodes. ♣
DMKalish 35 months ago
I know what each of these shows are. Growing up however some I liked some I did not. If you want to watch classic cartoons Cartoon Network shows them just need to check their schedule to find out when they are on. Me-TV does have a good line up. I do wish however they would bring back Emergency, Adam-12 and CHiPs I miss them. I heard another network is starting to show them. I will check that out.
djw1120 DMKalish 33 months ago
I don't know about "CHiPS", but "Adam-12" and "Emergency" are on Monday through Friday on COZI-TV which is a subsidiary of NBC.
MichaelNivens djw1120 25 months ago
I had Cozi , but It went off my lineup
stevewconsulting 35 months ago
A better analysis would be to ask what older shows people would watch NOW. 1978 was 40 years ago and the majority of us have changed, or at least SHOULD have grown over that period of time.
That's not to say MeTV's content isn't desirable, it's excellent!

But our tastes have changed since 1978. Keep up the good work. Cable TV is going down the tubes. I get MeTV off the airwaves.
Shadowdancer 35 months ago
For me which show I watched depended on what season the episode was in. I didn't like some seasons in some of the shows
JamesB 35 months ago
68%. I think we've had this one before now. I don't think I ever watched most of these shows aside from the cop shows or procedurals. I never liked Happy Days after the 1st season. After that, it was like watching a play on TV.
FrankCollins 35 months ago
I would like to see the classic cartoons on MeTV, like Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, Rocky and Bullwinkle, etc.
THOMASTERRYJR FrankCollins 35 months ago
That would be nice. They could schedule it on Sunday night to replace the extra hour of MASH. Since FOX has had so much success with The Simpsons, Family Guy, why not schedule classic cartoons on Sunday evening.
ItalGal68 FrankCollins 35 months ago
100% with you on that!!! And the best time to show them would be Saturday morning. Yes Bugs, Mighty Mouse, Groovy Goolies; this is what MeTV needs!
Excellent Idea -classic cartoons way better than Mash- uber liberal Alan Alda took over that show and ruined It