Were these classic ad slogans used by Coke or Pepsi?

"Pair Up with" this quiz!

The Cola Wars. The Pepsi Challenge. New Coke. Diet Coke. Patio. Diet Pepsi.

These two soft-drink giants have been going at each other for decades.

We gathered some memorable advertising slogans from the Sixties, Seventies, Eighties and beyond. See if you can match them to the correct cola brand!

1. I'd Like to Buy the World a _______.
  2. Always ______.
  3. The Choice of a New Generation.
  4. ______ Adds Life.
  5. For Those Who Think Young.
  6. Come Alive!
  7. Pair Up with ______.
  8. ______ Is It!
  9. It's the Real Thing.
  10. Catch that ______ Spirit!
  11. Gotta Have It.
  12. Have a ______ and a Smile.
  13. Can't beat the feeling!
  14. Taste That Beats the Others Cold.
  15. Things Go Better with ______.

Were these classic ad slogans used by Coke or Pepsi?

DJS3 1 day ago
15/15
My score doesn't reflect my Coke AND Pepsi knowledge, but rather my love of Coke. I knew instantly which were Coke, the others, by default, must have been Pepsi.

Enjoy a cold one (of your choice)! 🥤
CaptainDunsel 3 days ago
13/15
I guess I missed taking the Royal Crown?
KellyShort 6 days ago
You got 11 out of 15
I'm a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too
JewelsChuck 7 days ago
13/15...one I knew but my hand hit the wrong button. 😏
jimmyvici 9 days ago
9/15...eh. I was a Coke kid anyway. Bottoms up!
Dario 10 days ago
12 out of 15! 😁😁😁😁😁
lucy 10 days ago
9 out of 15 I was never a pop person
JewelsChuck lucy 7 days ago
I never cared for it myself, I’m an iced tea kinda gal.
BrianMoore 11 days ago
11 out of 15. I, as a Coco-Cola man, feel shame because the four I missed were Coke slogans.
madmark1 12 days ago
I am a Coke man all the way. Pepsi is a sweeter tasting cola.And you can’t beat a good old fashioned Coke. Pepsi may be the choice of the new generation but Coke is the real thing. I can’t believe on the quiz though they didn’t use the song we used to hear on commercials I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony I’d like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
SalIanni madmark1 5 days ago
That was question 1 which was "I'd like to buy the world a ________". That was easy to guess. I love both versions of that song, the original hit by the New Seekers and the Coke commercial version by the Hillside Singers. Another slogan that I found interesting was "For Those Who Thing Young". Me-TV fans should remember that it was also the title of a movie which starred both Bob Denver and Tina Louise of "Gilligan's Island".
DJS3 madmark1 1 day ago
Here you go...
Tommygunz 12 days ago
Just depends on what you like, Pepsi has more sugar, Coke has more sodium, Mountain Dew beats them both.
frenchman71 12 days ago
I also remember a group from the 60s & 70s called the Fortunes. They had hits with "You got your troubles, I got mine" & "Rainy Day Feeling". They did a coke ad singing "It's the Real Thing"
TheDavBow3 12 days ago
11/15. I think that's ok. I like Pepsi a little better. But unfortunately, Mt Dew is my fave. Not for the caffeine but I just like the taste. Years ago, their ads would be a bunch of hillbillies sitting on the front porch drinking Mt Dew. I remember their little jingle would be "get that barefoot feeling drinking Mt Dew". Ha the things you remember as a kid.
TheDavBow3 TheDavBow3 12 days ago
Even though I like Mt Dew the most, Coke, Pepsi, also Dr Pepper would get me to burp the best. I could almost burp the entire alphabet with those drinks! I would have such a full, rich tone and vibrato. Something to be proud of, for sure. Except my mom sure didnt think so back then and my wife won't let me drink brown sodas now 😂😉.
dbalius 12 days ago
They missed a popular one, “Take the ——- challenge.” (Pepsi) I know, I produced TV commercials in the early ‘80s that featured the Pepsi challenge.