Barnaby Jones and Bat Masterson join the Flintstones in the MeTV 2019 fall lineup

The schedule changes begin on Labor Day.

Fall may be the season of pumpkin-spice everything, but on MeTV, we're feeling the flavors of ribs and milk. We all remember the credits to The Flintstones, when the family scampers to a drive-in, where a waitress stacks a big ol' slab of ribs on the side of their car. Well, get ready to sing along to "Meet the Flintstones," as the pioneering cartoon is coming to MeTV!

As we previously announced, two back-to-back episodes of The Flinstones will air weeknights at 6PM | 5C beginning September 30 on MeTV.

We have more changes on the way — and they're coming in two weeks.

Effective Labor Day, September 2, get your early mornings started with a tall glass of milk, as lactose-loving detective Barnaby Jones joins the schedule, weekdays at 4AM | 3C. The hit 1970s series marked a comeback for former Beverly Hillbillies star Buddy Ebsen. The father-daughter crime series also featured erstwhile Catwoman Lee Meriwether as Betty Jones.

Barnaby Jones is trailed by Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol at 5AM | 4C.

On Saturdays, our weekend Westerns get off to an earlier start with the addition of Bat Masterson at 7AM | 6C. Gene Barry portrayed the real-life dandy, a gambler and lawman who roamed the West charming women and defending the unjustly accused. His primary weapon was his wit and cane rather than his gun.

Elsewhere on the new MeTV Fall 2019 lineup, The Jeffersons move on up to Sundays at 10PM | 9C. Plus, to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the original 1959–64 classic, Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone returns to weeknights at 12:30AM | 11:30C and double dose on Sundays at 12AM | 11C.

The fun begins on Labor Day!

Download a PDF of the complete Fall 2019 Schedule:

Eastern / Pacific

Central / Mountain

Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
honeypie 2 days ago
so far the shows we will be watching are of excellent choice. However the better shows are scheduled for early morning and would be better if late morning or afternoon, I myself would much rather see more Gunsmoke as rather than Bonanza Gunsmoke is one of the best westerns ever to hit the Tv screen and its a shame that its now shoved to the back seat. I still would love to see The Dukes Of Hazard return to television after all it was a highly rated show or even Sanford an son would be nice also. I do want to thank y'all for the return of the Flintstones I love them maybe a few more older cartoons like Wacky Racers would be nice also.
Melanie Moffitt (hugabugabear@mail.com)
Robyn 9 days ago
Who is the idiot who scheduled Barnaby Jones at 4am? You put on a new show that many people love and have not seen in years and you schedule it at 4am? Brilliant move, moron.
BadRonald1967 13 days ago
Shows I'd like to see:
White Shadow
Streets of SF
Police Woman
Baretta
boredblonde 18 days ago
Too bad all the ota channels don't follow Buzzr's example and stream on their website or streaming services like Hulu live don't offer an ota channels package
Angelkisses8500 19 days ago
I love MeTV but am sad Mommas Family's being taken off the schedule. I also miss Mayberry RFD. MeTV is still the best channel with Andy Griffith and Mash. Thanks!
Ssypult 22 days ago
Why in the world do you put shoes on at 0400 that many of us would like to watch?? Please keep acquiring more older shows, but your audience hS to be awake I order to watch them!
I am a fan and patronize your station often, but there has to be more content and fewer westerns to suit my tastes.
harlow1313 Ssypult 21 days ago
>Why in the world do you put shoes on at 0400 that many of us would like to watch??<

Is this some sort of foot fetish?
Pacificsun harlow1313 20 days ago
He means shows! I think sometimes a translator gets involved and words get messed up!
Pacificsun 22 days ago
To the people who comment here regularly. Remember not everyone has been watching MeTV as long as yourself. Meaning to see the shows they're requesting, which already have cycled through MeTV's schedule over the years. I'm not sure why, when ask an innocent question, the response needs to be sarcastic and flip. More helpful is to let people know of some choices. How they can find the channel in their area. And know that an OTA antenna can pull in signals from long distances.

MeTV is popular for a reason! Not just because of the schedule. But because of the easy access. They hold about an 84% national market share. Obviously it would be best to have everyone's preferred show in one place. However they get rotated over time. And the most popular are repeated (that simple). Many of us have seen that happen. Below are some alternatives often mentioned in comments.
____________
(NAME) (OWNER) (SHARE) (SCHEDULE)

1. MeTV (Weigel) (84) - https://metvcdn.metv.com/9XTfF-1566410297-MeTV%20Nat%20Sch%204Q19%20E-P%20WEB.pdf

2. Antenna TV (Tribune) (80)- https://antennatv.tv/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Antenna_TV_3rdQ_2019.pdf

3. This TV (MGM/Tribune, Weigel left partnership)(74) - https://thistv.com/schedule

4. Comet (Sinclair) (66) – SciFi

5. Heroes & Icons (Weigel) (58_- https://imagecdn.heroesandiconstv.com/xIWvf-1556644280-HNI%202Q19%20Eff%204-29-19%20E-P%20CLEAN.pdf

6. Decades (Weigel) (57)- https://decadescdn.decades.com/Ab4jz-1559079384-DECADES%20Program%20Grid%20ET%20%28Q3%202019%29.pdf

7. Cozi-TV (NBC) (56)- https://media.cozitv.com/documents/cozi_schedule.pdf

8. Start TV (Weigel) (46) https://starttv.s3.amazonaws.com/AWZO4-1556658776-START%20TV%202Q19%20Eff%204-29-19%20E-P%20CLEAN.pdf

Wiki list of Digital Channels (US locations) that are hyperlinked.

A bit of history: used to be every year (in the Fall) the entire schedule would be overhauled. That created a huge amount of viewer disturbance so that the only thing surfacing were the complaints. Which distracted from what was being offered instead. Now the schedule has been stabilized with a key changes made quarterly. Hope you find the comment helpful. MeTV is a great station, and we're fortunate to see a lot of good programming on it!
Moody Pacificsun 22 days ago
Thank you so much for your post Pacificsun! I couldn't have said it better. It's very annoying to see some of the rude, sarcastic comments on here. Some have actually been foul & insulting. There's no reason for that. We are just talking about nostalgia Tv for crying out loud! There's no reason to be so disrespecful.

I'd like to add to your list of Tv stations also. There are streaming services that offer many classic Tv shows, mainly sitcoms but the do have some old dramas. Hulu has many shows like I Love Lucy, Bob Newhart, the Odd Couple just to mention a few. I don't know what Netflix has. There are free streaming services also like Tubi & Pluto Tv. They both have old classics as well.

Again, thank you for your comments. Let's hope people will be more considerate of others & just have fun.
mdit21 Pacificsun 22 days ago
Whew! You certainly did your homework on this terrific post, Pacificsun. πŸ‘

All I was going to say was at least "Mannix" survived (this round). 😊
Pacificsun knows how channels work and what libraries are allowed.
Great post Pacificsun. I remember when they used to mix it up in the fall. I loved it! All new and fresh. I did not realize people complained about having all new shows. I just thought Me had new management.

Also I agree some people come across as a tad nasty. I'm not sure if it's the way the comment is written but sometimes they are a bit mean regarding the quizzes. I don't care about the mistakes. I'm just glad they put in the effort.
honeypie Pacificsun 2 days ago
Thank you for clearing that up. One does not need to be rude because their show isn't on at their time yes it would be nice to have some of them shifted around but if not then thats ok because with Dish Network I can record the 4 am shows I want to see and then keep or delete after watching it. Y'all have made some great changes and speaking for myself and my family to you Job well done !! Mixing it up does give you change and change is good. The only show I regret not being on is Gunsmoke, watched it every day but hey, its ok Y'all are doing a great job and we apperciate it, Thank you
honeypie Melanie Moffitt
JaneWilson 22 days ago
I wish you wouldn't put the BEST programs on in the middle of the night! I was looking forward to Barnaby Jones but seriously? 4am? I already have to miss Highway Patrol and the others I like that are on between 11pm and daylight. I wish you would switch the weekday westerns with the night shows for awhile.
It's all about advertisers. Barnaby Jones is a good placement for 77 Sunset Strip
Paul JosephMatthews 21 days ago
Advertisers? It seems like MeTV runs the same four or five commercials all the time!
MrsPhilHarris Paul 20 days ago
LOL! So true!
Robyn JosephMatthews 9 days ago
Dumb reason.
Bob 23 days ago
I used to watch MeTV all the time, but the programming has changed too much for my liking. What about adding a Saturday morning cartoon line up like we had as kids. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo... Would be great to have something like that from 6am-10am.
I like the older classic comedies .. I Married Joan, Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, The Munsters, My Little Margie, Leave it to Beaver, My Living Doll, I Love Lucy .. so many good show opportunities. My generation is approaching retirement age.. we love those shows!
JosephMatthews Bob 22 days ago
First of all, advertisers prefers not to sponsor airtime on cartoons on diginets. Many of the Saturday Morning Cartoons PLUS the classic short-subject cartoons (Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes which were both secretly made for grown-ups) and The Scooby Doo Series remains under the exclusive rights to BoomerangTV. Burns & Allan and Jack Benny are both under the rights to Antenna TV. The Munsters is under the rights to CoziTV. MeTV already airs Leave It To Beaver in the mornings. I Love Lucy is under the rights to Decades.
MrsPhilHarris 23 days ago
The Untouchables, Zorro, 12 O'clock High, Rat Patrol, Mr. & Mrs. North, The Thin Man, Our Miss Brooks, Mr. Ed, Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theatre.
Mister Ed is under the rights to ThisTV channel at this time.
stephaniestavropoulos 23 days ago
My area just started getting a new retro station: FOLKTV. Well, its not entirely retro, it does air religious and K-Pop shows. But I like their line-up: My Little Margie, I Married Joan, Dragnet, {b/w version,} Secret Agent, The Cisco Kid, The Prisoner , Space 1999. {Both shows, I think, spent time on METV.}Sapphire and Steel, Kit Carson, etc. Now here's a station that's not afraid to "think outside of the box."
Why is METV chicken? The mainstream [more popular] retro stations all are. They don't want to take the risk/gamble and air lesser shown shows. When and if they decide to do so, they may not be able to, because the ones they want are being aired on smaller market stations. Then, once word gets out that these smaller stations are showing what the public wants and demands, [instead of the "enough already!"] shows, then, I think METV, COZI TV, Antenna TV, {larger market stations;} will find their audiences dwindling. As the saying goes: "You've got to give, what the public wants."
Those of you who live in SoCal {I live in a Seal Beach, so specifically those folks who live in my area and get SPECTRUM} it's on channel 1490. It doesn't say FOLKTV next to the number, its something like MNET something like that. The rest of you who might be interested in seeing some of these shows, check around, you might also be getting this station but just weren't aware of it.Happy viewing!grin:
My Little Margie and I Married Joan! I'm jealous!
Tubi Tv has many of those shows you mentioned. Its a free streaming service that's available on most Smart Tvs. I happen to get it on my Sony BlueRay player. They have tons of shows and movies. Check it out if you can.
It's all about advertisers AND also Production Rights. MeTV can't air a program if another fellow diginet channel has the rights to it (their was sometimes acceptions on programs that were airing on Decades and Heroes & Icons channels in the past that MeTV was allowed to air in the past)
Stubbystella 24 days ago
Are you still having Charlies Angels in the Fall lineup
Aside from Highway Patrol being added to the early a.m. line up, all the rest of the shows are the same from {pacific time,} 5:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m. Which means CA etc. are still on the schedule at their appointed times.
Stubbystella 24 days ago
Is Charlies Angels still gonna be in fall line-up?
msdeb57 24 days ago
Can you add "THE MONSTERS"n Mr. Ed on MeTV????? I love the shows, you guys show the best ole pictures that I grew up .What about Desperate Housewives???? That Would Be Great As Well!!!!watching........Thx For ListeningπŸ’•β€πŸ’•
What's THE MONSTERS? Never heard of it before. Now if you mean THE MUNSTERS this show I do know about. I don't care if it gets shown or not, {and besides, I think either COZI?Antenna TV have the rights to air it.} I am fortunate to have it on dvd.
JaneWilson msdeb57 22 days ago
If you have a Roku Monsters is on the Roku Channel. You do mean the series of 'scary' stories right?
If I knew what I meant, I wouldn't be asking, I would already know about the show but I don't. What the heck is a Roku? Some sort of game? Oh, I see, its a channel. Never heard of it before.
JosephMatthews msdeb57 22 days ago
The Munsters remains under the rights to CoziTV. Mister Ed remains under the rights to ThisTV. MeTV cannot air a program that another channel has rights to.
Acampbell 24 days ago
This channel is my favorite!!! Love the Brady Bunch, Saved By The Bell, An Beverly Hillbillies! Would love to see you add Mr.Ed added!
MeTV did had Mister Ed before. But another channel called ThisTV took over the rights to Mister Ed. While ThisTV has the rights to Mister Ed, MeTV is unable to air it.
Yvonne 24 days ago
The shows you need to replace are Charlie's Angel's (to fake), Green Acres (boring), and Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. (annoying). PLEASE don't take Mama's Family off ! Thank you, Brewster family of 75 viewers plus+ our community in small town, USA
JosephMatthews Yvonne 22 days ago
Charlie's Angels is a good retro detective police show at a good timeslot. As for Mama's Family, it is like that Warner Bros. is recalling the rights to Mama's Family or another channel is after the rights to Mama's Family. Gomer Pyle and Green Acres are good rural humor shows.