Pizza Hut is bringing back its classic red roof logo

It's 1967 all over again for the restaurant chain.

Over the span of its 61-year history, Pizza Hut has used at least four significant logos. When that first Pizza Hut location flung open its doors in Wichita, Kansas, in 1958, a cartoon mascot named Pizza Pete was dangling the words "Pizza" and "Hut" from his fingers like puppets.

The most familiar logo to Boomer and Gen-Xers arrived in 1967. This iconic logo incorporated the chain's distinctive architectural look, a sort of Dutch gable roof in bright red. Like IHOPs and HoJo's, Pizza Huts could be easily spotted alongside roods with that peaked, tomato-bright look.

That logo became deeply associated with the brand, as Pizza Hut used it for more than three decades. You can see it at the top on the right. In 1999, a more stylized, painterly look was introduced, with a green dot on the "i" and a yellow slash below the name.

In 2014, the logo was updated again. For the last five years, this splashy circular logo, which resembled the swirl of sauce on an uncooked crust, has been used in the chain's modern logo. You can see this at the top on the left. It is hardly the only chain to repeatedly tweak its branding.

But now, Pizza Hut is feeling nostalgic. We can relate.

The reasoning is not purely nostalgia, however. Some of the motivation is due to dollars. In 2018, Domino's dethroned Pizza Hut as the world's largest pizza chain.

"We conducted qualitative research with more than 3,000 consumers, and one consistent piece of feedback we got was that customers still consider Pizza Hut America’s Original Pizza Company. So we decided it was time to really embrace our heritage," Pizza Hut chief brand officer Marianne Radley told Fast Company.

Now if we can only get them to bring back the Pizza Hut Electronic Baking Oven.

Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
h4teach 16 days ago

like brendA responded i'm shocked thAt A stAy At home mom Able to eArn $7047 in one
nth on the computer. hAve you reAd this web sit­e
HERE☛.......www.tipsmob.com
PaulJWhite 16 days ago

My real time work with facebook Im making over $2000 a month operating low maint­enance. I continued h­earing distinctive people divulge to me how an lousy lot cash they can make on line so I selected to research it. All topics considered, it become all legitimate and has without a doubt changed my life. For more statistics visit below site

HERE☛payshd.com
GilbertDCarbone 17 days ago
Making Cash more than $15k to $18k consistently just by doing basic online work. I have gotten $18376 a month ago just by working on the web. Its a simple and basic occupation to do from home and its profit are greatly improved than customary office work. Each individual can join this activity now just by pursue this link........go to this site home media tech tab for more detail support your heart :*here............ ===>>>www.gocash7.com++
Don't copy "++ " with web address
pumkinheadfan 17 days ago
about time. Now if they would go back to making their own dough like they did before, yeah everyone was a little different, but it beats the cookie cutter crust they have now(at least for the thin crust).
SheriHeffner 19 days ago
They need to bring back eat in restaurants. Where I'm from, there are zero Pizza Huts you eat in. Only delivery and pick up. I miss eating pizzas in a restaurant and I HATE frozen ones.
Rhett 20 days ago
Time to go back to the original recepie. Pizza Hut was great, flavor and experience at the restaurants. Miss it. Once quality changed, it gotten worse, people stopped going and restaurants closed. Do not see any pizza chain drivers on road. This problem is with all restaurants/fast food. Lower quality, no brand image (restaurants/fast food) all look the same. Instead of going back to the best, they are looking to gain revenue by nostalgia and that is ok short term but won't last. Also, the companies are asking what gimmick can we drum up to go viral. Sad.
gazawilm 20 days ago

S­t­a­r­t w­o­r­k­i­n­g ­a­t h­o­m­e w­i­t­h G­o­o­g­l­e! I­t's b­y-f­a­r t­h­e b­e­s­t j­o­b I'v­e h­a­d. L­a­s­t W­e­d­n­e­s­d­a­y I g­o­t a b­r­a­n­d n­e­w B­M­W ­s­i­n­c­e ­g­e­t­t­i­n­g a c­he­c­k f­o­r ­$­6­4­7­4 t­h­i­s - 4 w­e­e­k­s p­a­s­t. I b­e­g­a­n t­h­i­s 8-m­o­n­t­h­s a­g­o a­n­d i­m­m­e­d­i­a­t­e­l­y w­a­s b­r­i­n­g­i­n­g h­o­m­e a­t l­e­a­s­t $­7­7 p­e­r­ h­o­u­r. I w­o­r­k t­h­r­o­u­g­h t­h­i­s l­i­n­k, g­o t­o h­o­m­e ­t­a­b f­o­r m­o­r­e d­e­t­a­i­l ­...www.payshd.com
MrsPhilHarris 20 days ago
I don't think I've ever had PH pizza.
Dawn 20 days ago
Sometimes it's better to leave things alone.