Can you guess these Gene Wilder movies by their posters?

He was a Broadway producer, a mad scientist, and a hostage in these amazing movies.

Image: AP Photo / Dave Pickoff

Gene Wilder had a special gift for bringing a smile to faces across the globe. In roles both dramatic and comedic, Wilder is still revered as a favorite performer among millions.

by

Born in 1933, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Wilder grew up watching his older sister learn the art of acting. At the age of 11, he asked her intructor if he, too, could learn the craft. The teacher made this bargain: if Wilder was still interested in acting when he turned 13, then she would take him under her wing.

It's rumored that the day after his 13th birthday, he called on the teacher and asked once more to take lessons. He studied with her for two years, and a spark was ignited.

Wilder would go on to play many a well-known role; his talent for comedic timing made for a sure-fire hit with every new movie. Throw in a script written by Mel Brooks every so often, and it's no wonder that a film legend was born.

We're curious to see if you can recognize those movies from the movie posters below. Think you can name them all? Give it a shot!

1. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  2. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  3. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  4. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  5. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  6. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  7. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  8. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  9. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
  10. Which Gene Wilder film is this?
Can you guess these Gene Wilder movies by their posters?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
EllisClevenger 8 days ago
You got 9 out of 10
Isn't it ironic?
My score was 9/10, and I missed #9.
MissTheOldDays 11 days ago
You got 9 out of 10
CarrieMcCourt 14 days ago
So glad I'm not alone in missing #9. I, too, have never heard of Rhinoceros.
UTZAAKE 15 days ago
10/10. Guessed correctly on #7.
scp 15 days ago
Rhinoceros?
CaptainDunsel scp 8 days ago
All I could think of was tge old Abbot & Costello bit...
Costello; You remind me of a rose.
Mrs. Niles: An American Beauty rose?
Costello: No. A rhinocerose.
Edward 15 days ago
Missed #9. Only saw 2 of these, so . . . . . . . . . .
DouglasMorris 16 days ago
8/10! missed numbers 9 and 10. the last two.
Rickey 17 days ago
You got 9 out of 10
You've done it! You've won! There's not a chocolate factory prize, but we're very impressed with your Gene Wilder smarts! "Rhinoceros" too!
Dawn 17 days ago
9/10 Never heard of "Rhinoceros"
richardkel Dawn 17 days ago
Also 9/10. Never heard of "Rhinoceros" either. Never saw about half of these movies, but they weren't too difficult to guess. I loved "Blazing Saddles" and "Hear No Evil, See No Evil". Have copies of both on DVD.
BrittReid 17 days ago
9/10. Missed Rhinoceros along with the rest of the movie going public. I never knew he was in Bonnie & Clyde.
anthony 17 days ago
9/10Never heard of Rhinoceros.Seen most of the others.My favorites without Richard Pryor were "Willy Wonka"and "The Woman In Red".With RP "Stir Crazy".
cperrynaples anthony 17 days ago
Rhinoceros is very obscure! It was a limited release and hasn't been seen in 45 years!
stephaniestavropoulos 17 days ago
10/10. Where's my golden ticket?!?!
10/10! Remember the tag line for 8? "They're young, they're in love, and they rob banks!"
Yeah, I do remember the tag line. I don't know if I've seen this movie in its entirety, just bits 'n' pieces.
Of course I've seen YF, BS, WW** CCB-B, SS {I think.} Not sure about the rest.
**The catchword "Scrumdidilyumptious," I wonder if that was Dairy Queen's inspiration for their ads w/Dennis the Menace, {the strip, not the show,} for "Scrumpdillyicious? "It's a very, very ordinary scrumpdillyicious day....Let's all go hand in hand to Dairy Queen and that scrumdillyicious land." {Somethin' like that!}
I think I've changed my mind as to where DQ got their inspiration. Went onto YT to see if I could find the commercial, {which I think I did.} But I also found a download of a recording by a kids group called The Curbstones. Scrumpdillyishus Land. I thought it might have been a recording of the jingle, it wasn't. Instead DQ, it's "Chocolate path." Okay...mystery solved!
Runeshaper 18 days ago
You got 10 out of 10
You've done it! You've won! There's not chocolate factory prize, but we're very impressed with your Gene Wilder smarts!

Gotta love Gene!