Can you guess what these criminals are up to on Dragnet?

They range from silly to downright diabolical.

When Jack Webb restarted his well-known 1950s detective series Dragnet in 1967, the world was a much different place. The new series reflected that in its wide variety of cases. Some were incredibly serious and some were a categorically kooky.

The suspects were the driving forces behind the tone of each episode.

Here are twelve criminals from Dragnet taken in by Joe Friday. Can you guess what nefarious things they were trying to get away with?

Watch Dragnet on MeTV!

Weekdays at 5:30 AM & 6 AM
Saturdays at 5:30 AM

1. What is this elderly repairman in trouble for?
  2. What did this psychedelic fellow do?
  3. What do these papers show this man did wrong?
  4. What is this man guilty of?
  5. What did these kids do?
  6. This man was caught in the act of...
  7. Why is this woman taking the law into her own hands?
  8. What did these men do in this laudromat?
  9. Why is Friday so mad at this woman?
  10. What is this boy threatening to do?
  11. These furs are...
  12. Why does this man have all these disguises?

Can you guess what these criminals are up to on Dragnet?

dethLSMO89 25 days ago
7 out of 12. Not bad considering I never watched Dragnet.
KIMBB002 1 month ago
Their excuse for using a bayonet in episode 12 of season three was not realistic!
Laura 1 month ago
8-10 I watch this alot.
KIMBB002 Laura 1 month ago
Of course you do...
Randall 1 month ago
Some FYI for those who might be interested, many of the performers in their roles on Dragnet originally came from a elite group of radio actors from the Gunsmoke radio series and other popular radio shows in the '50s like Ralph Moody, Virginia Gregg, Howard Culver and others, and one in particular was Vic Perrin who also was a well known announcer for many 60's tv series like the intro to the Outer Limits, and Trekkies should know him well as the voice of many aliens in STTOS including the voice of NOMAD in The Changeling episode !
sandman 1 month ago
My score was so bad, I’m back on foot patrol!
AlbertHanson 1 month ago
11/12 Missed #6. It's the only one I didn't remember the episode it came from.
Barry22 1 month ago
12/12. My Dad said I would end up like the comic book guy, so he took away my comic books. I was eleven.
forthekids 1 month ago
"Chris'father"left the country..because..his wife kept pestering his boss' to raise his salary..so that he could pay for his ex wife's alimony and child support("Mr.Larry Devon"always paid for his ex-wife's needs and his son's)..but.."Mrs.Devon"got too greedy and she insulted her ex husband's boss' to the point of getting him fired.Hence..he had to get away from her..He wanted to gain custody of his son..but his ex wife and the court's said no.
forthekids 1 month ago
I also remember a heart wrenching episode..where an abused little boy"Chris Devon"..didn't go to school..he was found inside of an old car in a junk yard..afraid to go home or..to go to school..because his mom"Mrs.Marian Devon"beat the hell out of the poor kid..with an electric cord..and she made him lie about the cruelty that was imposed upon him
forthekids 1 month ago
I remember that episode..where that crazed movie and comic book collector"Stanley Stover"/"The Crimson Crusader"stole all of that memorabilia from movie,tv and comic book stores and from a movie studio.
bnichols23 1 month ago
BTW, question, all (since I'm too lazy to look it up!). The guy in #4 -- is that Chet from Emergency! ?
texasluva bnichols23 1 month ago
Okay I'll bite. If you knew his name Tim Donnelly. Paste it into IMDb. You will get 122 episodes. Or just Google Chet on Emergency you get his real name. Then check his acting credits which he had 5 episodes in Dragnet. I just wasted 2 minutes of my time ha ha Well I wanted to know myself
bnichols23 texasluva 1 month ago
Yeah, I knew his name (huge Emergency! fan) but was a) too tied up & b) too LAZY to look it up on a precariously balanced laptop. Freely admit it all. I'm on work from home from the med school I work at & the sofa doesn't have a desk built in. I make gadzooks on typos just at my best, & with a wobbly Dell *&* a Maine Coon who figures I'm her lounge chair..... Yeah, you get the image, I'm certain. -laugh-
retrodon 1 month ago
11/12...I need to go back and rewatch the episodes on DVD.
Wenatchee7 1 month ago
10/12 How did I miss number 4
texasluva Wenatchee7 1 month ago
You was robbed. Well I never would have guessed Stealing comic book memorabilia until you see his crummy slobber hero outfit.
FLETCH 1 month ago