Can you match these magicians to the right TV shows?

Everyone from Orson Welles to The Amazing Randi performed magic on classic TV.

The art of illusion has existed as long as humans have. Surely, one caveman pulled a rock out of the ear of another. But magic, and the people who performed it, exploded in popularity with the advent of television. Magicians were frequent guests on variety and talk programs in the '60s and '70s. Even scripted shows got in on the act!

Here are 11 characters who performed tricks on classic TV. Can you match the magician to the correct show?

1. Real-life magician The Amazing Randi appeared on which TV show?
  2. The magic man "Zalto" appeared on which classic sci-fi show?
  3. The Great Raftini (or at least his cape) was on...
  4. Which sitcom featured this cute magic show?
  5. This swindling magician had twin daughters on which show?
  6. Dick Van Patten played a magician on...
  7. What show brought on Orson Welles to perform a few tricks?
  8. Which TV detective investigated a mystery involving The Great Santini?
  9. John Carradine stole the show as Marvo the Magnificent on which sitcom?
  10. This peddler playing card tricks and his daughter stopped by which classic Western?
  11. The Amazing Zeigler gets caught in a murder mystery on which show?

Can you match these magicians to the right TV shows?

CrowTServo 14 days ago
8/11. I’m impressed that I got that many.
EllisClevenger 26 days ago
You got 10 out of 11
Did you have your thinking cap on for this quiz?
Missed #11
EmBee 1 month ago
Left out Hal Linden's Blacke's Magic and Bill Bixby's The Magician.
Cyn_Finnegan 1 month ago
Zalto looks a lot like the late Al Lewis.
He was indeed played by Al Lewis, and he was hilarious. (So was his dummy.)
Catman 1 month ago
10/11
I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.
scp 1 month ago
8 out of 11; I don't watch the westerns.
Edward 1 month ago
9 / 11. Just go by the backgrounds for the most part. Had to as I did not watch most of these shows.
Barry22 1 month ago
10/11, and magically guessed.
dodgebob 1 month ago
7/11, I'm not as think as you bad I am..............
Filmnoirfan 1 month ago
11/11 - fortunate to get all of them correct. Guessed on Orson Welles being a magician on I Love Lucy. Did not look much like Charles Foster Kane by then. Rosebud...
ELEANOR Filmnoirfan 1 month ago
Only Lucy had enough star power to get Orson Welles to appear on her show!
He did appear on another show {Or rather his voice did:} He was the voice of the novelist Robin Masters, {he was the one who invited Magnum to stay at his mansion;} on 5 episodes of Magnum P.I.
CaptainDunsel 1 month ago
11/11
It's not often that I conjur up a perfect score!
Terry 1 month ago
9/11
Krn Terry 1 month ago
Same here! Those $@&! Westerns get me every time.
CaptainDunsel 1 month ago
8/11
Didn't pull a rabbit out of my hat on this one.
stephaniestavropoulos 1 month ago
There's one magician that will bring back memories to fans of the longest running Bozo Circus. {Shown from the home town of METV-Chicago.} Remember Marshall Brodine? Famed for his magic kits, and Tv Magic Cards. His Chicago claim to fame, was that he as Wizzo The Wizard on Bozo Circus. Folks outside of IL might also know of him, because WGN might have been a Superstation by then. Still in its infancy I think. This was in I believe, the late '70's-'80's.}
Never thought of Brodine as a magician, just a commercial pitchman. Mark Wilson was a contemporary and was a lot more famous, including a Saturday morning NBC show, The Magical Land of Alakazam (?).

Wilson was also the consulting advisor on The Magician, starring Bill Bixby
How about the syndicated " The Magic Land of Alakazam" with Mark Wilson, Nonie Darnell and Rebo the Clown?
First time I've ever heard of that show was: 12-4-20. So how about "The Magic Land Of Alakazam?" What was it about?
frenchman71 1 month ago
9/11. I got #6 & #10 wrong. Dick Van Patton musta been in a few "Love Boat" episodes. I like his assistant.
cperrynaples 1 month ago
9/11! Where was Bill Bixby [The Magician] and Hal Linden [Blacke's Magic]? Bonus question: What MeTV star played Hal's father?
RobertM cperrynaples 1 month ago
Harry Morgan.
I saw Hal Linden in person. Actually, both my grandma and I did. We and my parents were in Las Vegas in one of the casino lobbies. My parents were getting tickets to see someone, and Grandma and I were standing out of the way because we were by the elevators waiting for them. While were, the elevator doors opened and out walked HL! We were up against the wall, and he walked right past us. I smiled at him. I was the closest to him. My grandma turned to me and said: "He's good looking!" All I did was smile at her and nod my head "Yes!" My brush with celebrity!