Did these events happen in 1982 or not?

Don't worry, this quiz is more mental than "Physical."

Image: MCA Records

The year 1982. It seems like yesterday, doesn't it? Ronald Reagan was president, Dallas and M*A*S*H ruled the ratings, and Olivia Newton-John donned spandex while singing about… fitness.

It's hard to believe all that was 38 years ago!

We've created a little quiz to test your memory about that year. Did these events happen in 1982 or not? Let's see how well you remember it. Good luck!

Watch M*A*S*H on MeTV!

Weeknights at 7 PM
Sundays 7 PM

1. EPCOT opened at Walt Disney World.
    Associated Press
  2. Microsoft launched its word processor program simply called 'Word.'
    Image: Microsoft
  3. 'T.J. Hooker' debuted on primetime television.
    Sony Pictures Television
  4. Tina Turner's 'What's Love Got To Do With It' was released.
    YouTube
  5. John Belushi died of a drug overdose.
    Associated Press
  6. The film 'Airplane!' hit theaters.
    Paramount Pictures
  7. Andy Griffith's legal drama 'Matlock' debuted in primetime.
    CBS Television Distribution
  8. President Ronald Reagan was shot in Washington, D.C.
    Associated Press
  9. Michael Jackson's legendary "Thriller" album was released.
    Epic Records
  10. 'The Lawrence Welk Show' finally went off the air.
    Don Fedderson Productions via The A.V. Club
  11. Tom Cruise slid in his underwear in 'Risky Business'.
    Warner Bros.
  12. The cable channel MTV premiered with the video "Video Killed the Radio Star."
    Image: AP Photo/G Paul Burnett
  13. 'E.T.' came out in theaters.
    Image: Amblin
  14. Ralston launched a Donkey Kong Cereal to grocery stores to capitalize on the popularity of the video game.

Did these events happen in 1982 or not?

Save with

bmoore4026 10 days ago
Missed two. They tripped me on one with yes and no being switched. You're tricky, MeTv.
AllisonWunderland 22 days ago
Lol...This quiz is really messed up 🙃😳🤔
Tom 22 days ago
I thought metv stood for memorable tv, you know, tv of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Nothing memorable ever happened in the 80's. Well, maybe the tv show "Square Pegs".
Utzaake 22 days ago
8/14. 2, 3, 4, 10, 11 and 14.
JKMallaber 22 days ago
10/10! No matter how many I got wrong, I still got a perfect score. My kind of game! :-) Didn't see the Lorem ipsum, though. As an old computer guy, it's the only "latin" I know. Run it through a translator sometime for fun.
Tom JKMallaber 22 days ago
Hey! Quid pro quo is Latin. Of course they don't ever give you the definition when they talk about it. It means "this for that", also Rx is Latin. You know more Latin if you think about it.
primetime9567 22 days ago
Question # 1- " EPCOT opened at Walt Disney World".
I answered "YES".
METV- "Incorrect, the Theme Park opened October 1.
My response to that is - Epcot opened October 1, 1982!! I was right!!
RobCertSDSCascap 23 days ago
10/10 and/or 14/14! It was a very good year...

Runeshaper 24 days ago
You got 9 out of 10 correct
Your memory is like a time capsule. You remember where you were and what you were doing when all these events happened. Congrats!

Strange when there was 14 questions LOL :)
I wonder... Is MeTv outsourcing to a foreign country? If this is true, then I will no longer be watching this station!! There are other resources to watch retro-tv.
jojo68 24 days ago
10/10 or 10/14? Either way, I got 10 correct!
Barry22 24 days ago
10/14, Could have sworn Thriller came out in 1983.
primetime9567 Barry22 22 days ago
According to Alexa, October 1982.
KellyShort 24 days ago
You got 8 out of 10 correct
BUT THERE WERE 14 QUESTIONS ?????????????????????????
MrsPhilHarris 24 days ago
Says I got 5/10 when there were 14 questions. Was living overseas at the time. The only one I was sure of was ET.
Moody 24 days ago
Told me I got 9/10 but there were 14 questions. I still only got 9 right though.
cperrynaples 25 days ago
13/14! Missed 2! A few comments: Airplane 2 DID come out in 1982 and why not the Boggles on 12? Cindy Lauper didn't record until 1983 and the MTV awards started in 1984!
The Buggles, preceded by Bruce Woolley and The Camera Club.