Do you remember the very first word in these classic TV theme songs?

Sing them in your head — or out loud!

You know all these songs. You've heard them hundreds of times — in reruns and on the radio. Some of them were legitimate pop hits. Some of them have been covered by famous bands. Some of them are by famous bands.

So, think you can remember the first little word in these lyrics?

Play the tune in your head. Think about the first word that comes out of the singer's mouth. What is it?

Make your best guess!
MeTV Music Listen Now MeTV Music Listen Now
  1. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'The Brady Bunch'?
  2. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Where Everybody Knows Your Name," the theme from 'Cheers'?
  3. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Movin' On Up," the theme from 'The Jeffersons'?
  4. What is the first word in the lyrics to "The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle" from 'Gilligan's Island'?
  5. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'Green Acres'?
  6. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'Wonder Woman'?
  7. What is the first word in the lyrics to "(Theme From) The Monkees"?
  8. What is the first word in the lyrics to "I'll Be There for You," the theme from 'Friends'?
  9. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Theme from Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not)"?
  10. What is the first word in the lyrics to Cyndi Grecco's "Making Our Dreams Come True," the theme from 'Laverne & Shirley'?
  11. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Happy Days"?
  12. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Love Is All Around," the theme from 'Mary Tyler Moore'?
  13. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Yo Home to Bel-Air," the theme from 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'?
Do you remember the very first word in these classic TV theme songs?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
LindaWilliams 14 days ago
You got 13 out of 13
Those are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they?
Marisa 19 days ago
Got Them all 13..SCARY lol watched way to much TV.
bemibet 21 days ago
Originally the first word in "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"'s theme song is "How," as in "How will you make it on your own?"
TinkRoss 22 days ago
9/13 my mind went totally blank on some of these and I know that I know them. Didn't know the Friends theme but Laverne and Shirley tripped me up.
AudraGranath 22 days ago
Technically the first word in the Laverne & Shirley theme song is One because it starts out with them arm in arm saying One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight & then Schlemiel.
Geronimo AudraGranath 22 days ago
You are correct!👍
JLTitus72 22 days ago
Who else was singing these as they went along? I know I was.
MrBill 22 days ago
7/13; I was batting .500 on this one. I remember the refrains better than I do the first words.
EarlRichardson 23 days ago
I got all 13 but L&S almost tripped me up. I have listened to the real single many times and since "One" was not a choice I figured they were referring to the single which does begin with "We're"
Kevin 23 days ago
" These are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they? "
if I'm lucky.
JeffTanner 24 days ago
'' You got 8 out of 13'' ------------These are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they?
TomTerrrific 24 days ago
11/13. Missed "Friends" and "Fresh Prince" because I never watched them.
dave 26 days ago
Actually the Laverne and Shirley opening could be a bit of a trick. The girls count to 8 then say schlemiel with with a beat in the background. Some could argue that is the beginning of the song. And they would have a point. Plus it does sound a little like a lyric.
Have you listened to the Cyndi Grecco single? Schlemiel...." is not heard at all. So, the answer is correct.
Corey dave 25 days ago
Schlemiel is a yiddish word meaning the klutz who dumps soup on a person. Schmauzel is the yiddish word meaning the poor soul who gets the soup poured on.
UnicornPrincess 26 days ago
9/13. Greatest American Hero is the cheesiest show with the best theme!
cperrynaples 27 days ago
13/13! A message to Stephanie: Looks like Metv agrees with me about the first word in the L&S theme. Also, a technical fowl on 12: It's "How" in the first season and "Who" in the last 6!
Technical foul on your "technical fowl." You used the wrong spelling. F-o-w-l, refers to any type of game bird: rooster, chicken, turkey, duck, etc. F-o-u-l means to make a mistake.
Ok Stephanie,you got me! As i've said before, if spellcheck doesn't catch it, I'll miss it!