Do you remember the very first word in these classic TV theme songs?

Sing them in your head — or out loud!

You know all these songs. You've heard them hundreds of times — in reruns and on the radio. Some of them were legitimate pop hits. Some of them have been covered by famous bands. Some of them are by famous bands.

So, think you can remember the first little word in these lyrics?

Play the tune in your head. Think about the first word that comes out of the singer's mouth. What is it?

Make your best guess!
  1. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'The Brady Bunch'?
  2. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Where Everybody Knows Your Name," the theme from 'Cheers'?
  3. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Movin' On Up," the theme from 'The Jeffersons'?
  4. What is the first word in the lyrics to "The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle" from 'Gilligan's Island'?
  5. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'Green Acres'?
  6. What is the first word in the lyrics to the theme from 'Wonder Woman'?
  7. What is the first word in the lyrics to "(Theme From) The Monkees"?
  8. What is the first word in the lyrics to "I'll Be There for You," the theme from 'Friends'?
  9. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Theme from Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not)"?
  10. What is the first word in the lyrics to Cyndi Grecco's "Making Our Dreams Come True," the theme from 'Laverne & Shirley'?
  11. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Happy Days"?
  12. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Love Is All Around," the theme from 'Mary Tyler Moore'?
  13. What is the first word in the lyrics to "Yo Home to Bel-Air," the theme from 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'?

Do you remember the very first word in these classic TV theme songs?

Save with

LindaWilliams 7 months ago
You got 13 out of 13
Those are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they?
Marisa 8 months ago
Got Them all 13..SCARY lol watched way to much TV.
bemibet 8 months ago
Originally the first word in "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"'s theme song is "How," as in "How will you make it on your own?"
TinkRoss 8 months ago
9/13 my mind went totally blank on some of these and I know that I know them. Didn't know the Friends theme but Laverne and Shirley tripped me up.
KathyMcKinny TinkRoss 4 months ago
actually the 1st word in L & S is ONE.....because they count their steps.
AudraGranath 8 months ago
Technically the first word in the Laverne & Shirley theme song is One because it starts out with them arm in arm saying One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight & then Schlemiel.
Geronimo AudraGranath 8 months ago
You are correct!👍
JLTitus72 8 months ago
Who else was singing these as they went along? I know I was.
MrBill 8 months ago
7/13; I was batting .500 on this one. I remember the refrains better than I do the first words.
EarlRichardson 8 months ago
I got all 13 but L&S almost tripped me up. I have listened to the real single many times and since "One" was not a choice I figured they were referring to the single which does begin with "We're"
Kevin 8 months ago
" These are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they? "
if I'm lucky.
JeffTanner 8 months ago
'' You got 8 out of 13'' ------------These are all going to be stuck in your head for days now, aren't they?
TomTerrrific 8 months ago
11/13. Missed "Friends" and "Fresh Prince" because I never watched them.
dave 8 months ago
Actually the Laverne and Shirley opening could be a bit of a trick. The girls count to 8 then say schlemiel with with a beat in the background. Some could argue that is the beginning of the song. And they would have a point. Plus it does sound a little like a lyric.
Have you listened to the Cyndi Grecco single? Schlemiel...." is not heard at all. So, the answer is correct.
Corey dave 8 months ago
Schlemiel is a yiddish word meaning the klutz who dumps soup on a person. Schmauzel is the yiddish word meaning the poor soul who gets the soup poured on.
KathyMcKinny Corey 4 months ago
hahahaha, so they were describing Lenny & Squiggy in the song???????
UnicornPrincess 8 months ago
9/13. Greatest American Hero is the cheesiest show with the best theme!
cperrynaples 8 months ago
13/13! A message to Stephanie: Looks like Metv agrees with me about the first word in the L&S theme. Also, a technical fowl on 12: It's "How" in the first season and "Who" in the last 6!
Technical foul on your "technical fowl." You used the wrong spelling. F-o-w-l, refers to any type of game bird: rooster, chicken, turkey, duck, etc. F-o-u-l means to make a mistake.
Ok Stephanie,you got me! As i've said before, if spellcheck doesn't catch it, I'll miss it!