Were these things born in 1969 or 1979?

Can you place the Happy Meal, the Jetta, the Frosty and Klingon into the correct decade?

There's something about the last year of a decade that means major changes. It's as if pop culture senses a new era on the horizon and hurries to launch a bunch of cool new stuff.

by

There were some big things introduced in the years 1969 and 1979. We're talking about television shows, fast food, office supplies, games, books, cars and more.

Let's see if you can place these popular things into the correct year. Good luck!

Watch The Brady Bunch on MeTV!

Sundays at 12 PM *available in most MeTV markets
  1. Did The Brady Bunch premiere in 1969 or 1979?
  2. Did Atari premiere the video game Asteroids in 1969 or 1979?
  3. Was Paul Rudd born in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  4. Was the Nerf ball born in 1969 or 1979?

5. Was the Klingon language first heard onscreen in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  6. Was the McDonald's Happy Meal introduced in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: McDonald's / McMillan Inc.
  7. Did the Choose Your Own Adventure books start in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: Bantam Books
  8. Was the novel version of The Godfather released in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: Putnam
  9. Was this MLB first used by professional baseball in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: MLB
  10. Was the Volkswagen Jetta first introduced in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: Volkswagen
  11. Was the Wendy's Frosty introduced in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: Wendy's
  12. Was the tiny microcasette introduced in 1969 or 1979?

13. Was the Erasermate erasable pen introduced in 1969 or 1979?

14. Was ESPN's Sportscenter first aired in 1969 or 1979?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  15. Did a fellow named Jack Kelley invent the mousepad in 1969 or 1979?
Were these things born in 1969 or 1979?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
DavidH 1 hour ago
11/15 1970-1980 were kind of a blur. Too much recreational horticulture
RichardKSpringer 1 hour ago
My real time work with Im making over $2000 a month operating low maintenance. I continued hearing distinctive people divulge to me how an lousy lot cash they can make on line so I selected to research it. All topics considered, it become all legitimate and has without a doubt changed my life. For more statistics visit below site.... HERE☛......www.feed.pays12.com
AlmaTMilone 5 hours ago
NicholeBGrose 1 day ago
I am making a good MONEY (500$ to 700$ / hr )online on my Ipad .Last month my pay check of nearly 30 k$.This online work is like draw straight-arrow and earn not go to office.I do not claim to be others,I just work.You will call yourself after doing this JOB,It's a REAL job.Will be very lucky to refer to this WEBSITE.Ihope,you can find something,Simply go to the below SITE.GOOD LUCK★★★★COPY THIS WEBSITE★★★★ ......www.feed.pays12.com
Runeshaper 4 days ago
You got 10 out of 15
Looks like you cracked up a little bit. Better luck next time!
Barry22 5 days ago
11/15, should have done better.
Kevin 5 days ago
Wait, Paul Rudd is *that* old? He looks exactly the same.
Custodes 5 days ago
Well....this was my worst showing ever.
DouglasMorris 5 days ago
14/15! missed #7.
Custodes DouglasMorris 5 days ago
That is pretty darn good. I'm ancient yet, still flubbed this one.
cperrynaples 5 days ago
10/15! I'm shocked that I missed 5 [forgot that TV Klingons only spoke English], 6, 7, 13, and 15!
12/15. Missed #'s 7, 9, 11. I am rather surprised that you missed #5. The picture should have, [it obviously didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have missed it;] given you a clue as to which year. The Klingon unis of '69, {I can't remember if they were even in an episode, that year} were more knit like, closer fitting.
Trivia Tidbit: the GIF {I think it's called,} is from Season 5 Episode 1 "Adios, Johnny Bravo."
The years "69, and '79," have special meaning for me, {as I'm sure they have for others.} In '69, my sister was in the first graduating class of Wilmont Junior High, [in Deerfield IL.] In '79, that's when I graduated high school at Woodlands Academy Of The Sacred Heart, Lake Forest, IL. Aren't these trivial bits of trivia, just utterly fascinating?!?!