Can you complete the lyrics to ''Down on the Corner'' by Creedence Clearwater Revival?

You’re already humming it aren’t you?

Image: Fantasy Records

It starts with that instantly recognizable bass line then the drums kick in with a bluesy guitar riff and by the time John Fogerty belts out “Early in the evening…” it’s hard not to sing along. “Down on the Corner” by Creedence Clearwater Revival is not only one of their most popular songs, it’s one of the most played classic rock songs of all time.

You’ve probably heard it dozens of times since its release in 1969. But have you ever listened closely to each word of the lyrics? Here is every line of “Down on the Corner” with one word taken out. Try to fill in the blanks!

JDnHuntsvilleAL 1 day ago
And here all this time I thought the lyrics were "Willie and the PUMP BOYS are playin'", you know, similar to PEP BOYS.
frances3agape 1 day ago
13 of 15
In his teens, my younger brother taught himself guitar playing CCR
Thought I would ace this
Snickers 2 days ago
14/15 and could kick myself for missing one. Big CCR fan and love their music. Fortunate Son and Who'll Stop the Rain are two of my favorites.
Morgan21 3 days ago
You got 15 out of 15
Even if you missed a few, now you know all the right words to sing along. Time to put on some CCR!

Thank goodness I had parents with great taste in music! I wasn't born until 76
timothys71 4 days ago
14/15. The only one I missed was "Kalamazoo", probably because I typically think of that as a place and not a musical term. Pretty good given the fact that I was born in 1971, and that frankly, some of the words in CCR's recording of the song are hard to understand. Incidentally, while I love 1960's-70's rock and roll, and I enjoy "Ed Sullivan's Rock & Roll Classics" as an occasional special edition of the show, I hope that MeTV is not dropping the "Best of the Ed Sullivan Show" format that they had been showing on Sunday nights for the last year or so.
Snickers timothys71 2 days ago
Born and raised in the 60's and 70's when music was music. CCR, Iron Butterfly and Pink Floyd, and Black Sabbath when Ozzie was there. Could it get any better?
Greathera 5 days ago
11/15 I guess I didn’t know it as well as I thought!
hermanstein2015 5 days ago
9/15 I absolutely love this song and this band! Funny though I never noticed the names in the song!
JERRY6 5 days ago
12 of 15 , not ba never was a big fan of CCR
Pacificsun 5 days ago
I had no idea why this particular quiz was thrown to us out of the blue. Other than a staff writer's particular interest in the band itself.

But there it was on Ed Sullivan last night, just like AllisonWunderLand pointed out.

Why don't you build into the articles, a reminder, to the watch the particular episode the story is referring to.

And yes, I know you want us to stay tuned to MeTV all the time. LOL!
They were shown on Ed Sullivans show Sunday night that was on MeTV that's why :)
bnichols23 5 days ago
Either not *enough* BITD or too much. Right up my creek regardless. :)
gockionni 6 days ago
13/15 - as with a lot of lyrics from hits I’ve listened to at age 12, I thought I heard something different lol. But I find it hard to believe that some of you folks have never heard Down on the Corner before - it was huge in ‘69!
Moverfan gockionni 4 days ago
I was seven in 1969...now I'm...well, never mind that...
AllisonWunderland 6 days ago
I should’ve waited to take the quiz, darn it…Just got thru watching Ed Sullivan’s Rock n Roll Classics 🤷‍♀️😜
Last night's episode was really good.
Zip 6 days ago
9/15
Not bad considering I have absolutely no idea how that song goes as I have never heard it before. I thought I might start to recognize it once the lyrics started, but, nope, nothing.
Snickers Zip 2 days ago
A child of the 60's who loved the music of that era. CCR was one of the greats and you really should listen to their music. Fortunate Son was a big anti Vietnam war song when I was protesting the war as a teenager.
CaroleThorpe 6 days ago
You got 15 out of 15
Robertp 6 days ago
14/15 why am I hearing Jerry Reed!!?