Is this James Garner in Maverick or something else?

Can you tell the suave gambler from his many other Western roles?

James Garner first caught the eye of producer and writer Roy Huggins while acting on Cheyenne. Garner appeared in four episodes of the early Western and when Huggins needed an actor to embody a smooth-talking gambler for his next series, he knew Garner was the perfect choice.

But Cheyenne and Maverick were far from Garner's only Western credits. He appeared on other series like Sugarfoot and Zane Grey Theatre — not to mention a few cowboy films.

Here are many images of James Garner in the Old West from around the time he starred in Maverick. Can you tell which ones are from that show and which ones are from something else?

Watch Maverick on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 AM

1. Is this James Garner in Maverick or something else?
  2. What is James Garner in here?
  3. What about here?
  4. Hey that's Clint Eastwood! Is this from Maverick or something else?
  5. Is this Bret Maverick in the army or is it from something else?
  6. Here's James Garner behind bars. Is this from Maverick or something else?
  7. What is this from?
  8. That's a funny lookin' horse! Is this from Maverick or something else?
  9. What is James Garner in here?
  10. What is this from?
  11. Is this Maverick or something else?
  12. Is this James Garner in Maverick?
  13. What is this from?
  14. Is this James Garner in Maverick or something else?
  15. That's James Garner in the uniform and creepy face paint, but is this from Maverick?

Is this James Garner in Maverick or something else?

Ric 1 month ago
Greetings. I've always been a fan of James Garner. I especially enjoyed "The Rockford Files".
Douglas 4 months ago
12/15! missed number 12, 13, and 15.
stephaniestavr5 4 months ago
9/15.
Now METV (or somebody,) needs to follow up this quiz with the same type for Bret Maverick the 1980's [?] reboot. Perhaps they should have combined the shows for this quiz, {They may have thought about it, but obviously, rejected their own idea.} I think that might've made the quiz a bit tougher.
Mac2Nite 4 months ago
No 7 didn't even look like Jim Garner!
CaptainDunsel 4 months ago
12/15
My Old Pappy always said to just do your best.
TSeym22 4 months ago
11/15 Never seen Maverick, so it was mostly guesswork based on costume.
Snickers 4 months ago
didn't do to bad 13 out of 15. Loved him on "The Rockford Files". He was also great in "Support your Local Gunfighter" and "Support Your Local Sheriff".
daDoctah Snickers 4 months ago
And a laugh riot in "Victor/Victoria".
CaptainDunsel daDoctah 4 months ago
Except they chickened out in "Victor/Victoria" King was supposed to kiss Victoria *without* knowing one way or the other.
Andybandit 4 months ago
I got 12/15. I got #5, 10, and 15 wrong. The quiz was fun.
JeffPaul76 4 months ago
''You got 12 out of 15'' ---------You looked sharp on this quiz. Great Job! ---I got 10, 13 and 15 WRONG!
justjeff 4 months ago
13/15. Might have had 14, but I was focusing on the Maveick bowtie, and missed spotting the Crest sign in the background... a dead giveaway that this was *not* a Meverick episode...

Oh, well... I Crested at 13 and they gave me the Colgate and said "Ipana your sense of humor"...

Undaunted, I proceeded to brush that comment off and reach a new Peak in bad puns because I'm Ultra-Brite in that area. Perhaps these jokes decay your tolerance for them, but it's just a small humor cavity that I try to fill.

I just Gleem when I come up with a deliciously bad pun, and I Aim to get Close-Up and personal with you. Perhaps if I had the Sensodyne out once in a while I wouldn't be home thinking up so many toothpaste puns...

No matter... I'm no Rembrandt in this game, but I Mentadent your space with a few laughs. Before the Pearl Drops I guess I'll just shut my Oral B.

After all, coming up with these puns is work - it's no NASAdent!