Pick: Who had the best Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970s?

It's a battle of the toons, a clash of the networks, a blast from your past!

The 1970s. Man, what a time to be a kid! Or a kid at heart. It was a golden age for Saturday morning cartoons. Well, the word "cartoons" does not do the weekend programming justice. There were wild live-action shows from the Kroffts, space adventures, reruns, musical showcases and more.

We gathered some highlights from each year of the decade. This is not every show on, but give you a good idea of what the networks were airing.

Pick: What would you watch each year? And which year was the best?

Watch Bugs Bunny and Friends on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Saturdays at 9 AM

1. 1970
  2. 1971
  3. 1972
  4. 1973
  5. 1974
  6. 1975
  7. 1976
  8. 1977
  9. 1978
  10. 1979
  11. Okay, looking back: What was the best year for Saturday morning cartoons in the Seventies?

Pick: Who had the best Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970s?

Andy 14 hours ago
Rather difficult, as my sisters and I never stuck to one channel. We flipped around and watched the shows we preferred.
Warrenp 1 day ago
Loved Land of the Lost, Shazam and ISIS Power Hour, Bugs, Scooby, Superfriends, pretty much all of them until they got dumb and I grew up (wait I never did) however the stuff they have today isnt cartoons this is why I love the idea of ME-tv bringing back the stuff I grew up with. Life was easier and alot more fun back then.
Foghornleghorn 1 day ago
I liked Frankenstein Jr, Bugs Bunny and friends, Josie and the Pussycats., Space Ghost, The Herculoids, Thundar the Barbarian, Scooby Do where are you, HR Puffinstuff, and some others that aren’t mentioned. Johnny Quest was the best cartoon. It had it all. Cool music, monsters, adventure not to mention I had a crush on Race Bannon!
Mob39 1 day ago
My favorites were the land of the lost, the croft supershow, Bugs Bunny, Flintstones, the Jetsons, the little rascals, HR puffin stuff, and speed buggy
BillO 4 days ago
Like most, I didn't stay on one network all morning.
MrChrisM 4 days ago
Well since I wasn't born until 1971 for me 75 and 76 was my favorite
jerrysays 5 days ago
I Had 39% , I picked mostly NBC , reason , where i moved and still to this day in a new area , i can't get an ABC Network , the closest ABC is more then 100 miles away , and 2nd many hills and mountains are between that ABC station and where i live, but i get all the other major networks, and NBC is my favorite Second only to MeTv .
jimmyvici 5 days ago
73% similar. Any network that had Bugs seemed to be the popular network. That’s the overall theme I got from this quiz
Peter_Falk_Fan 5 days ago
66% similar On a couple of questions, I chose Woody Woodpecker, Jonny Quest and my absolute favorite growing up-Underdog. Also, I would switch channels between Bugs Bunny/Road Runner and Pink Panther. 1972 edged out 1970 for me because of Underdog.
I absolutely love Underdog. Best cartoon ever.
Yessiree! I would catch this every day before school when it was in syndication. One of the best cartoon theme songs IMHO.
Pacificsun 5 days ago
So I treated it like which network would I tune in. My heart always lies with NBC. But there were some choices I wouldn't even pick.
John 5 days ago
Hmmm....it seems like whatever network had Bugs Bunny each year got the highest score.
Barry22 John 3 days ago