Was this the title of a game show or a pinball machine in the 1970s?

Try not to tilt!

Lower image: The Everett Collection

Pinball had its heyday in the Seventies. You can thank The Who for a lot of that, considering their 1969 rock opera and 1975 film Tommy had teenagers singing, "Sure plays a mean pinball!"

Meanwhile, game shows were having a major resurgence. There were dozens of game shows in daytime, primetime and syndication.

Looking back, the titles of these pinball machines and game shows start to sound alike. At least, we thought so. See if you can tell them apart!
  1. The Wizard of Odds?
  11. Jacks Open?
  12. High Rollers?
  13. Gambit?
  14. Quick Draw?
  15. Golden Arrow?
  16. Shoot for the Stars
Was this the title of a game show or a pinball machine in the 1970s?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
Lucyneenah19701 22 days ago
6 out of 16.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Barry22 25 days ago
11/16, don't really like game shows, but do love pinball machines.
JeffTanner 26 days ago
''You got 13 out 16'' --------------You're a real pinball wizard! Got #s 4, 11 & 14 wrong.
cperrynaples 26 days ago
16/16! How could you ignore The Magnificent Marble Machine, a game show with a giant pinball game?
Easy! The title alone, would give away the answer. And we are always on METV's case for making the questions too easy. They may have thought about using that, but chose not to, because it would have been to easy for most. I know I'm probably wrong, just my opinion.
Actually, I would have seen it as a trick question! Understand that it was a game show where the bonus game was played on a giant pinball machine!
anthony 26 days ago
16/16.💃💃💃💃💃💃"How do you think he does it"?"I don't know"."What makes him so good"? Well I'll tell ya. He goes through all the questions.Skips the ones he's not sure of,then plays the law of averages.At least that's how I got this perfect score.Some times the extra effort pays off.
teire 26 days ago
12/16, lots of guesses, I didn’t pay much attention to the names of the games when I played them, but I remember Mata Hari.
I'm just the opposite: I didn't play pinball**, I just like game shows!
**I mean I've played pinball a few times in my life, but not that often. GS's are less nerve wracking! No temptation to want to kick the tv in, if you get the wrong answer! Not for me, anyway. Like there ae for folks who play pinball, and have a tendency to want to kick, hit, punch, etc. the pinball machine!
stephaniestavropoulos 26 days ago
16/16! "...That deaf dumb and blind kid, sure plays a mean pinball."