Are these lyrics from a hit song or a TV theme song?

Can we catch you slipping on these catchy songs?

While some TV shows borrowed pop songs for their theme songs, other shows had catchy tunes written just for the opening and closing.

Here, we've pulled some memorable TV theme songs and mixed them up with lyrics from hit songs. It's up to you to listen closely to catch on to which is which. Good luck!
MeTV Music Listen Now MeTV Music Listen Now
  1. We're caught in a trap / I can't walk out / Because I love you too much, baby
  2. Maybe you and me were never meant to be / But baby think of me once in awhile
  3. You want to be where you can see / The troubles are all the same
  4. When the world never seems / To be living up to your dreams
  5. I travel the world and the seven seas / Everybody's looking for something
  6. Love, life's sweetest reward / Let it flow, it floats back to you
  7. Well don't, don't hesitate, / 'Cause your love, won't wait
  8. Very superstitious, / Writing's on the wall
  9. Good times never seemed so good / I'd be inclined / To believe they never would
  10. All the world is waiting for you, / And the powers you possess
Are these lyrics from a hit song or a TV theme song?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
Lacey 6 days ago
Ouch, 8/10 and I MISSED the Love Boat.
How in the world could I have missed THAT one?
MrBill 6 days ago
9/10; missed #9 "Sweet Caroline"
cperrynaples 8 days ago
One more comment: there is no , or 's in 8! Did you not learn about proper punctuation in school?
MrsPhilHarris 9 days ago
7/10 Won't even admit which I missed.
JeffTanner 9 days ago
You got 10 out of 10 --------------We love the way you remember everything!
anthony 10 days ago
8/10.We love the way you remember everything.Well as Frampton begins this song I say "THANK YOU"!!
cperrynaples anthony 8 days ago
Anyone heard him on Stern? Sorta sad about the cancer!
cperrynaples 10 days ago
9/10! Missed 9! It might have been clever if you had used theme songs that were also hit songs [i.e. Welcome Back]!
teire 10 days ago
10/10. I was more sure of the tv themes than of the hit songs.
stephaniestavropoulos 10 days ago
10/10. The title of this quiz, can be misleading. Yes these are either or, but tv theme songs have been known to have been listed on the top 40. Also, Top 40 songs have wound up becoming tv theme songs {ie"Little Help From My Friends," The Wonder Years.}
Yes Steph, songs like What A Wonderful World...LOL! Inside joke between us!
You like to rub it in, don'tcha?!? Regarding you missing #9: You obviously are not a Boston Red Sox or a Neil Diamond fan. Seeing as I do like ND, I would have been extremely angered with myself had I missed this question.
Ok Stephie, I made a mistake! In my defense, that song has been used on many shows including Big Bang! Fun Fact: Diamond wrote it for Caroline Kennedy!
AKFF {Already Known Fun Fact:} I know who Neil Diamond wrote SC for. But I'm sure there are other out there who didn't, until you mentioned this "FF."