Can you remember if this was a No. 1 hit song in 1959, 1969 or 1979?

Sort these pop smashes into the correct decade!

We made a mix of chart-topping hits from the years 1959, 1969 and 1969. One one problem β€” they're all mixed up.

Yep, all these classic tunes rocketed to No. 1 on the Billboard pop charts. We just need you to remember the correct decade!

See if you can place the music into the correct era!
MeTV Music Listen Now MeTV Music Listen Now
  1. "My Sharona"
  2. "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes"
  3. "The Chipmunk Song"
  4. "In the Year 2525"
  5. "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
  6. "Ring My Bell"
  7. "The Three Bells"
  8. "Mack the Knife"
  9. "What a Fool Believes"
  10. "Everyday People"
  11. "Knock on Wood"
  12. "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye"
  13. "Honky Tonk Women"
  14. "Babe"
  15. "Venus"
Can you remember if this was a No. 1 hit song in 1959, 1969 or 1979?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
Lacey 1 month ago
Missed two.
Really thought #12 was 50's Girl Group hit and thought it was ANOTHER "Venus."
Kenson 1 month ago
13/15 was thinking Shocking Blue song with Venus
Barry22 1 month ago
15/15, but had to think twice on the last one.
Geronimo Barry22 1 month ago
Had to figure one nerd would get all of them
MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
Missed 12 and somehow missed The Chipmunks.
SheriHeffner 1 month ago
I've never heard of Babe, I thought Venus was I'm Your Venus I'm Your Fire At Your Desire, and I thought that Knock on Wood was the older one I hated disco music. And I had no idea when The Chipmunk Song came out.
BABE was a #1 hit for a band out of Chicago "STYX"
Bret SheriHeffner 1 month ago
Now I have the song "Babe" running through my head and it won't go away.
MrsPhilHarris Bret 1 month ago
Same here.
harlow1313 Bret 1 month ago
Well, that beats the "Facts of Life" theme song, which sometimes curses me.
AllisonWunderland Bret 1 month ago
Yeah, I know what you mean! STYX was the very first concert I went to and it was phenomenal..still remember Tommy Shaw up front on stage, WOW..great memories from 1970's
anthony 1 month ago
15/15/.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Joe 1 month ago
DAMN… I was rolling through until… number 15! I was thinking of Shocking Blue's Venus.
Amalthea Joe 1 month ago
Same here.
Just be glad you weren't really off, and the version that first came to mind, was the cover by BANANARAMA! {Which definitely would have been wrong for this quiz, seeing as it came out in the 80's.}
cperrynaples 1 month ago
12/15! missed 7, 14 and 15! In the case of the last song, I thought it was Shocking Blue and not Frankie Avalon, 2 very different songs with the same title!!!
PS Although the Shocking Blue song was released in 1969, it didn't get to Number 1 until early 1970! Nevertheless, I think it was close enough to confuse people, so next time include titles AND artists, METV!!!
Joe cperrynaples 1 month ago
I just checked and Shocking Blue's "Venus" did hit number one… but not until February of 1970.
cperrynaples Joe 1 month ago
Like I said it was close, so close that anyone who got it wrong deserves a Mulligan! Yes, I do know the difference between "Venus if you will..." and "Venus was her name..."!
15/15! I definitely would have been very upset with myself if I had missed #14. Styx was a local band who made it really really big, plus I was also {still do like their music. Them, and another local band who done good: Chicago.} remembering in High School, I knew a girl who's older brother knew the members of Styx! I thought that was so cool! From what I know, when somebody says they know members of a band, its's usually members of some local band who has yet to hit it big, or they are only known around the area. When I knew her, Styx had already hit it big!
STYX is an ultimate classic!! Their kind of music never gets old...