Can you tell the difference between Cannon and Mannix?

Can you tell these tough 1970s detectives apart?

In the early Seventies, no television detectives were tougher than Joe Mannix and Frank Cannon. They both took on crooks with cool cars and karate chops. They could also take a licking.

Mike Connors (Mannix) and William Conrad (Cannon) were also both beloved veterans of the small screen. The shows might have a lot in common, but they do not have everything in common.

Let's see if you can tell these characters apart!

Watch Cannon on MeTV!

Weeknights at 3 AM

1. Who drove a Lincoln Continental Mark IV?
  2. Who had a phone in his car?
  3. Who worked for an agency called Intertect?
  4. Who had a boss named Lew Wickersham?
  5. Who lived in Los Angeles?
  6. Who lived in the historic Art Deco styled apartment building Sunset Tower in West Hollywood?
  7. Who was fluent in Armenian?
  8. Who had a crossover with Barnaby Jones?
  9. Who lost his wife and son in a tragic accident?
  10. Who grew up in a town called Summer Grove?
  11. Who appeared in an episode of 'Diagnosis: Murder' in 1997?
  12. Who returned to television for a made-for-TV movie special in 1980?
  13. Who once took a case for a payment of bottles of rare wine?
  14. Who had the middle initial "R."?

Can you tell the difference between Cannon and Mannix?

MikefromJersey 5 days ago
On today's Mannix(May 28)"Cats paw", the recently passed on Fred Williard has a bit part as a
audience member interacting with a magician in a night club. Filmed in 1971, I wonder if this might be
his earliest TV role?
EllisClevenger 6 days ago
You got 13 out of 14
Nicely done! Gimme five!
Missed #6.
JERRY6 7 days ago
13 of 14 missed the middle intial r i thought i knew these shows , guess not as well as I thought
MannixFan 10 days ago
12 out of 14. I should have done better on that one. But it was fun!
michaeljewing 23 days ago
How many times did the bad guys cut the cord on Mannixs’ car phone?
JERRY6 michaeljewing 7 days ago
4 that i remember
Moverfan 23 days ago
Do I know the difference between these nice gentlemen? Well, yeah. Mr. Cannon is...rather large and Mr. Mannix is Armenian (kind of a dumb question when you think about it).
tom78 24 days ago
12/14.............good one....!
RoberttheWallace 24 days ago
Good trivia test!; with these Very interesting program series, I really Wish MeTV would Please, Please bring back " Hawaii Five-O ". . .the Absolute Best of them ALL! ! !
OldTv RoberttheWallace 23 days ago
Agree! Hawaii Five O was one of the best shows out there. I never get tired of seeing them. I would also love to see Mission Impossible series as well
teethclenched OldTv 22 days ago
I was suprised to see MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE on MeTV last night (Sun 10 May 2020) after THE FUGITIVE! Not the best time for this classic show, but...
Rockford files too would be nice , never tire of that show
AEDC49 24 days ago
Love both! saw both from when new and would wish they both were shown at normal daytime evening times like in fact from 8pm to maybe midnight would be good! It is always annoying when a show you want to see is on after midnight so in essence they might as well not be seen, that's when you have no way to record them for later time convenient viewing! I always thought they should employ a complete time shift and literally switch/rotate the schedule each week so that everyone could basically follow their favorites and see them at a better normal time! Meaning just start each week by switching the literal airing time by 12 hours a whole half day so that what is shown at its time slot would just switch from AM to PM times! So say Cannon is on 3am eastern time would be on at 3pm eastern time, that way each week you would see your show and not miss it or try staying up past your normal bedtime etc! If I had a TV Station that's what I would do so all shows aired could be seen and fans wouldn't miss any episode and it would make for 100% variety! since they just keep showing the same series over & over again! which that isn't right either! but that's just a matter of going to their vaults with thousands of other shows that more then deserve to be aired and should be! Lets vote for that big change!!
Wiseguy AEDC49 24 days ago
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a DVR? What you describe is chaos and would cause massive confusion.
AgingDisgracefully 24 days ago
Easy! Cannon is the one whose car sits lowest to the ground.
Laura 25 days ago
7-14neither were shows I watched
Mark 25 days ago
Decades binge of 43 episodes of Cannon this weekend (May 9 and 10) starting from the pilot episode and Mannix next weekend (May 16 and 17) starting from the season 2 opener with the deaf lip reader. Sometimes a Decades binge is a sign that a series is leaving METV, such as 77 Sunset Strip last August. Last week there was a binge of Barnaby Jones. With the new summer of me starting soon I wonder If any of those programs will be leaving the network.
BetsyP 26 days ago
The violence doesn’t bother me... I like both showers and record them at night so that I don’t have to watch the commercials! They’re much better without the commercials… Ha ha! The violence in today’s movies makes me squeamish!😃
Wiseguy BetsyP 24 days ago
Buy the DVDs, then you not only get no commercials you also get unedited (for the most part) episodes.
Jeffrey 26 days ago
am not a prude but Lord both shows were really violent considering the era - prefer Rockford files even though that one was sometimes gory also - the ones with Angel were golden