Pick: What do you think are the most definitive Seventies shows?

Give us the skinny on your Seventies tastes.

It hardly gets more iconic than the Seventies, when TV shows became major trendsetters with impacts still felt in today's fashions.

If you love the Seventies, it's time for you to give us the skinny on how you really feel about the decade's best shows.

Scroll through each category below and select just one Seventies show that proved to be the definitive choice for you from the decade. See how many others groove right along with you!
  1. Of all the shows that cracked Nielsen's Top 5, what do you think is definitely the BEST SHOW of the Seventies?
  2. What do you think is definitely the BEST FAMILY SITCOM of the Seventies?
  3. Who do you think is definitely the BEST TV DETECTIVE of the Seventies?
  4. What do you think is definitely the BEST VARIETY SHOW of the Seventies?
  5. What do you think is definitely the BEST WORKPLACE SITCOM of the Seventies?
  6. What do you think is definitely the BEST SCI/FI-ADVENTURE SHOW of the Seventies?
  7. Who do you think is definitely the BEST PAIR OF BEST FRIENDS of the Seventies?
  8. Who do you think is definitely the MOST ICONIC TEAM of the Seventies?
  9. The genre was losing steam, by this point, so what do you think is definitely the BEST TV WESTERN on air in the Seventies?

Pick: What do you think are the most definitive Seventies shows?

EllisClevenger 1 month ago
28% similar
28% similar to the most popular responses
Quizzes of this type, are useless.
The most popular opinions are ALWAYS a match for what is airing on MeTV at the time of the quiz.
JDnHuntsvilleAL 8 months ago
Why wasn't Jim Rockford included in the "BEST TV DETECTIVE of the Seventies"?
DeborahRoberts 12 months ago
Hard to see how "Charlie's Angels" could be the iconic team when the cast changed continually through its five-year run. The first season cast would definitely be iconic.
bettyluvsgators 16 months ago
MASH???!!!?! Seriously - come on - one if not the worst shows ever! Talk about 30 minutes of liberal, anti-military/American, left leaning dribble!
anthony bettyluvsgators 16 months ago
Yeah really.Those shows that last 11 years and have the largest viewing audience of all time for last episode.Their the worst.
I found the show smug and boring. Alda is annoying. My boyfriend hates it too.
Wow. You and your boyfriend hate it. Guess that settles the matter for the millions of people who made it one of the most watched shows in television history.
TVJunkie 16 months ago
Beretta was THE definitive detective show of the 70's. And that's the name of that tune.
If you are going to consider Baretta the best cop show, spell it right. B-A-R-E-T-T-A. You spelled it the way the gun with same name, is spelled. "Keep your eye on the sparrow," then next time maybe, you won't spell it wrong.
CouchPotato19 TVJunkie 16 months ago
Cannon was the sexiest!!!
JDnHuntsvilleAL TVJunkie 8 months ago
Nope. Jim Rockford. He was so good MeTV purposely left him off the list.
Pacificsun 16 months ago
I thought the quiz was interesting because it confirms MeTV's lineup. Wonder if they were sampling ideas for new shows instead?
JeffTanner 16 months ago
''53%'' ''53% similar to the most popular responses.''
ETristanBooth 16 months ago
38% similar. It was a difficult choice between Carol Burnett and SNL, but the very early SNL was great, so I went with that. Also, I don't consider Little House a "western."
Pacificsun ETristanBooth 16 months ago
Perhaps Carol Burnett is considered a traditional variety/comedy sketch show. While SNL is comedy/satire, and a musical guest star. Would you say a "Western" only qualifies if it's featuring gun fights? (Just curious).
I was torn on that because SNL was must-see TV when it launched in the seventies. But I chose Carol Burnett because I don't really think of SNL as a traditional comedy/variety show. Thought it was odd to include it in the category.
ETristanBooth Pacificsun 12 months ago
I suppose that when I hear the TV genre "western," I think of horses, saloons, and guns. The few Little House episodes that do include saloons and men with guns are among my least favorite episodes.
AndrewHass 16 months ago
I was 86% similar and my picks were MASH, All In The Family, Columbo, The Carol Burnett Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Wonder Woman, Hawkeye & BJ, Charlie's Angels, Little House On The Prairie.
WILD 16 months ago
80% similar
80% similar to the most popular responses
Stephen 16 months ago
67% similar
67% similar to the most popular responses

I loved watching Hee-Haw growing up.
CouchPotato19 Stephen 16 months ago
Great show!!
teire 16 months ago
70 percent similar. I had a few outliers where I was in the 10 percent or less range, but mostly I was in that majority range.
anthony 17 months ago
61% similar.How do you pick a best show that has MASH,All In The Family and Happy Days on it?I ultimately went with AITF because of the three it was the only one that started and ended in the 70's.Best family sitcom I probably should have picked HD,but again went with AITF because.Well it has the word FAMILY in it.😋Not surprised Carol Burrnett got most votes for variety show,but we all know SNL was the best.Heck it probably should have been one of the choices on the list for best show.Speaking of thd best show choices.There were some that didn't belong on the list but "Angie"?,"Angie"😌Finally Columbo is a no brainer because it's the best detective series of all time.
Load previous comments
SNL!?! Oh, I get it. You're answering the question which show mentioned in the quiz, is the only one still in production? You are right, it is SNL. Now, if someone would just answer the questions which game show show I'm talking about and what its connection w/SNL? Thank you.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE.